House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kittingerjump

The Economics Of Shopping

recent scenarios.

1. Ordered a lamp in a reputable place on the last few days of Dec - no payment upfront but still not in the shop due to stock-room delivery errors...but I'm not the only one apparently waiting

2. Liked the look of a pair of shoes...last few days of Dec...still not come in!

3. Waitrose yesterday, searching for some cous cous....early saturday, not in stock....although cous-cous without some form of stock isn't the best thing!

Am I looking for things fueled by late nights on hpc or is there more to it?

It'll be interesting if anyone else has had any similar shopping experiences.

Hopefully they're not doing that intensely irritating thing of telling you that the item you want isn't in stock & must be ordered but nevertheless they won't sell you the one in the shop window "because that one's for display..."

If there were to be a major crisis, I am sure the shops, including the food stores, would run out of essential supplies very quickly. Our just-in-time system makes us very vulnerable.

Sainsbury's in (awful) Bridgwater had no milk yesterday at midday. Still none at 1pm when I left after stocking up for the suitcase. They blamed the weather. Could be true, as I blame the weather as one of the reasons for no longer living in the UK.