House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pingu

What Do You Think It Is Worth?

A property was bought in December 06 for £485K. I am not sure why the vendors are selling but they have it on the market for £600k ish after fully refurbishing it. It has been on the market since mid October 08. What do you think it is worth? How much would you offer for it? The area is a desireable area (Wadhurst) and house prices are not falling as much here (although not many are selling either) as in other areas and there isn't a lot on the market to compare it to.

A 4 bed detached 1930s property bought in Dec 06 for £485k in Wadhurst, East Sussex. V expensive and desireable area with little competition as it is a small village. Vendors are now selling (been on since mid Oct 08) for £600k. Have been told by a different local EA that properties in the area are now at 05 values. How much do you think the property is worth? I am not sure why the vendors are selling or how many viewings they have had but have left a message for the EA to call me back with answers. It is a lot over our budget of £450k - I don't want to view unless there is a realistic chance they will take my offer. What would you offer? 25% off would be at our top budget.