House Price Crash Forum
Harry Monk

Nationwide's H P I Figures

Anyone know when the Nationwide's HPI figures are due out? Is it this week?

Anyone care to speculate on the MoM? I reckon it will be a doozie this month, 3% maybe.

Anyone know when the Nationwide's HPI figures are due out? Is it this week?

Anyone care to speculate on the MoM? I reckon it will be a doozie this month, 3% maybe.

3% or more would almost certainly be a bullish sign - 'cos that's what'll happen when activity picks up.

Otherwise I'd expect something more in line with recent trend, with December's bigger-than-average fall being a statistical outlier. Perhaps fuelled by the economic collapse that started to manifest itself in September.

Anyone know when the Nationwide's HPD figures are due out? Is it this week?

Fixed. ;)

I'm sticking my neck out to predict a 4% fall.

Let's face it we need a few this year to get the 30%+ fall we deserve, as there will be some months of falls less than 1%.

I also predict 12 consecutive months of falls on both the Halifax and Nationwide.

Less than -1% for me.

We had a bad month last month and that could have been a little overstated and clawed back this month.

Also I think we are into the months of huge +ve seasonal adjustment.

Yes, typo. -3%

Heh. I meant that too: a really big fall should be a bullish sign, 'cos it means activity picking up, meaning the market has found a new level. In terms of the last crash, it signals the shift from freefall to long gradual decline.

I think -2%, but to be honest 1 months' figures are suspectible to volatility, so it could be anything from -1% to -4%.

I did like that M&G chart that shows the relationship between morgage approvals & YoY change, and that approvals went off a cliff and the YoY falls should start to accelerate spectacularly right now to reach -25% YoY.

I think -2%, but to be honest 1 months' figures are suspectible to volatility, so it could be anything from -1% to -4%.

I did like that M&G chart that shows the relationship between morgage approvals & YoY change, and that approvals went off a cliff and the YoY falls should start to accelerate spectacularly right now to reach -25% YoY.

Linky to the chart please?