House Price Crash Forum

Complaint To The Bbc About The 10 O'clock News

HOLA441

I sent this complaint to the BBC after watching the 10 O'Clock News tonight, regarding their report on the economy.

"Do you think we're stupid? I'll rephrase that, you do think we're stupid.

The news tonight at 10 pm was just a PR exercise for this idiot PM we have, Brown.

You say, the recession that started in the US. You broadcast a list of other countries that are in recession, as if it's ok, we're not on our own. We had our own sub-prime problem and would have suffered the consequence and recession anyway. You mention huge future borrowing, as if to mentally prepare us for this. You say we are producing the same amount of goods as in the last recession. Absolute rubbish, our manufacturing base is much smaller now. Then you say that we will crawl out of this in time (so don't worry). There is no business plan on the table to achieve this.

Your report was just biased whitewash to hood wink the nation. If you cannot give a balanced report, then don't bother. Political propaganda. Is that what this country has come to."

You can agree with me or flame me, but I could just not sit there and watch all this propaganda without taking some sort of action.

Maybe more people should send in complaints and they might get the message.

A complete disgraceful massage of the nations thought patterns and a raft of missinformation.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
I sent this complaint to the BBC after watching the 10 O'Clock News tonight, regarding their report on the economy.

/snip/

A complete disgraceful massage of the nations thought patterns and a raft of missinformation.

Good for you. They need telling.

HOLA445

The news tonight at 10 pm was just a PR exercise for this idiot PM we have, Brown.

You say, the recession that started in the US. You broadcast a list of other countries that are in recession, as if it's ok, we're not on our own. We had our own sub-prime problem and would have suffered the consequence and recession anyway. You mention huge future borrowing, as if to mentally prepare us for this. You say we are producing the same amount of goods as in the last recession. Absolute rubbish, our manufacturing base is much smaller now. Then you say that we will crawl out of this in time (so don't worry). There is no business plan on the table to achieve this.

Your report was just biased whitewash to hood wink the nation. If you cannot give a balanced report, then don't bother. Political propaganda. Is that what this country has come to."

You can agree with me or flame me, but I could just not sit there and watch all this propaganda without taking some sort of action.

=========================================================================

Yes. Some vacuous bint presenter ended her "report" by saying "we will come out of this recession, TRUST ME".

Who the frack does she think she is?

HOLA446
HOLA447

Don't pay the licence tax. I've had no problems for the last 6 yrs since I made the decision that Al beeb are a bunch of (unts.

HOLA448

You still watch TV? ! , anyway I only ever look at talking points on the BBC news website which is only a barometer on public opinion although this is heavily censored...

You should watch things from overseas , my dad in HK I had a chat with told me TVB there has been mercilessly slaughtering the UK economy , but then HK folks are more financially savvy.

HOLA449

I saw the BBC and ITN news today. I was struck by the by the differences of the two organisations. ITN was much more telling it as it is, and the borrowing we are taking on is going to be a real problem in the future. I thought Daisy McAndrew did quite well, when she asked Darling a question and said the usual we will do what ever it takes etc. She said on her report that his reply was political gobbly gook for higher taxs and public spending cuts. The BBC was more ok things are getting bad but look at this and that company are doing really well.

HOLA4410

Your subtitle said it all. The main news IS for the sheeple. Newsnight just covered a 'best case' and 'bad case' scenario for the recession. They and Ch 4 news etc are much more likely to go in depth.

Will Hutton just said on Newsnight that 2007 prices will not be reached again til 2015. Bearish enough for you?

Why does it seem that so many posters burst a blood vessel just because they don't bias the news towards what they want to hear and don't spend 20 hours per day on economics, HPC and the value of the £?

Quote:

Dr Renter on another thread, at 10:26pm:

Was watching the news tonight on the BBC and the economics editor quoted an American recession study. It showed that the average recession lasts 2 years and a house price crash associated with a recession averages 6 years. Wonder what the sheeple thought of that. Bring it on.

Edited by deflation

HOLA4411

I noticed a few weeks ago that whenever possible, radio news reports on 5 live start with the words `Gordon Brown' - even if he is only peripheral to the story.

Examples: Actual news: some British soldiers killed in Afghanistan

BBC Radio slant: "Gordon Brown has paid tribute to the British servicemen killed yesterday.....etc"

Other reports starting with "Gordon Brown has welcomed the news that .....(fill in good news story)"

Does the opposition not monitor/count this kind of thing, or OFCOM keep a check of political bias?

Y

HOLA4412
Your subtitle said it all. The main news IS for the sheeple. Newsnight just covered a 'best case' and 'bad case' scenario for the recession. They and Ch 4 news etc are much more likely to go in depth.

Will Hutton just said on Newsnight that 2007 prices will not be reached again til 2015. Bearish enough for you?

Why does it seem that so many posters burst a blood vessel just because they don't bias the news towards what they want to hear and don't spend 20 hours per day on economics, HPC and the value of the £?

Quote:

Dr Renter on another thread, at 10:26pm:

Was watching the news tonight on the BBC and the economics editor quoted an American recession study. It showed that the average recession lasts 2 years and a house price crash associated with a recession averages 6 years. Wonder what the sheeple thought of that. Bring it on.

Er I get it.

It's because on their prime time slot the BBC RAMP THE ******ING GOVERNMENT.

HOLA4413
Er I get it.

It's because on their prime time slot the BBC RAMP THE ******ING GOVERNMENT.

You've obviously never watched TV ina country where they really do ramp the govt. The recession / job losses / falling £ wouldn't even get mentioned. It would all be football, celebs, weather, etc. Hang on.... that's Sky!

As for thinking they mention GB's name all the time on the news. You need to get out more, he IS the PM. A terrible one, but he is the PM.

Edited by deflation

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

It appears that you fail to pay attention to the TV, it started in America Ponzi Brown says so he wouldn't lie would he.

He's just trying his best for our great nation and is now using all the tools at his disposal to fight this recession which it has now regrettable become due to the ineptness of foreign leaders.

Don't forget he was the Chancellor that delivered 10 years of economic growth and shrunk the national debt we can now actively spend our way out of recession.

He is a great economist and you will be eating your words in a few years time when all of this has blown over.

HOLA4416

:lol: It did come across rather surreal, IT WAS ALL NASTY AMERICAS FAULT WITH THEIR DODGY MORTGAGES we were just unlucky to be unwittingly involved.

I wonder if in America there doing the blame game with us, a little piece on the 10 o'clock news about BTL Kings the Wilsons or Mew and multiply Ajay, and how it all started in the UK.

HOLA4417
Does the opposition not monitor/count this kind of thing, or OFCOM keep a check of political bias?

Yes. And yes.

OTOH BBC have your say, HPC and other web forums are not monitored for political bias. Makes you think doesn't it. ;)

Edit: oooh look two lines down another thread about how the BBC are saying house prices will fall for another 6 years. But no doubt the people posting in that thread are lying. After all its clearly impossible for the BBC to say anything that is true. ;)

Edited by Jadoube

HOLA4418

I think the BBC has been told to climb down on the more radical stuff they have put out of late.

For example, Rogers airing his views to dump the pound ect. Never thought I would hear this sort of stuff from the BBC when the economy is sinking.

Brown got an easy ride on BBC radio this morning, he was allowed to get away with his 'global' message.

A lot of people thinking of dumping the licence to view. Clearly an unjust tax.

HOLA4419
You've obviously never watched TV ina country where they really do ramp the govt. The recession / job losses / falling £ wouldn't even get mentioned. It would all be football, celebs, weather, etc. Hang on.... that's Sky!

As for thinking they mention GB's name all the time on the news. You need to get out more, he IS the PM. A terrible one, but he is the PM.

That's an interesting point but in my view the role of the BBC is more insidious than the Iraqi minister style of propaganda. The BBC present a slightly skewed view of the truth which is more effective than simple propaganda. I firmly believe the whole message is managed.

Unbiased my ****

HOLA4420
I saw the BBC and ITN news today. I was struck by the by the differences of the two organisations. ITN was much more telling it as it is, and the borrowing we are taking on is going to be a real problem in the future. I thought Daisy McAndrew did quite well, when she asked Darling a question and said the usual we will do what ever it takes etc. She said on her report that his reply was political gobbly gook for higher taxs and public spending cuts. The BBC was more ok things are getting bad but look at this and that company are doing really well.

Yes, you're right. I agree. I think the BBC has become cowed since the Hutton Report.

Well done to the OP. :)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

What's the point? It's not as if they don't know they are biased state propagandists trying to make Gordon look good. Ever since Hutton they know not to mess with New Labour, lest they have their cushy position undermined. Don't pay your license fee.

HOLA4425