House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonnybegood

Is This The Most Expensive Terrace In Wales

Terrace in Cowbridge

£447,500 and roadside parking.

If prices have fallen 15% then it was over £500k at peak, whichever way you look at it, it's half a million for a terrace in Wales.

Even if a 50% fall in property is seen then it still makes this property with a further 35% fall £290k at the bottom.

Cowbridge is a nice area but has no decent transport links whatsoever. If there is a spike in oil prices to several hundred dollars a barrell then surely houses like this will be worthless because you need a car to survive. I fear that areas such as Cowbridge and the surrounding areas may become slums of the future if this scenario happens.

It's not worth a third of that price. Unbelievable

Tell me about it.

30641_HUY0005465_IMG_02_0000.JPG

It'll cost a fortune to straighten all those walls.

Looking at them pictures is making me seasick!

Me too.

That will never sell for over £300k...and those pics are taken with an extreme wide angle lens...makes the place look twice the size..talk about smoke and mirrors :lol:

Beautifully presented, completely refurbished four bedroom townhouse, exceptionally well located within a short walk of Cowbridge High Street and amenities. The accommodation includes entrance hall, large living room, beautifully appointed hand made kitchen with marble tops and a full range of integrated appliances and rear conservatory. To the first floor three bedrooms and a luxury Jacuzzi bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and separate shower. To the second floor is a further double bedroom with extensive built in wardrobes as throughout. Outside parking is to the roadside with access via a wide pavement. The rear garden is laid to lawn, with decked sitting area and is enclosed by hedge, fence and natural stonewall. A tiled enclosed courtyard breakfast area can be accessed off French doors to living room.

That makes me laugh - do they mean one of those pathetic jet things you can buy for about £600 from B&Q. I had one in a rented place, you use it once and then wonder why you are putting up with the horrendous noise just to feel a few sprays of cold water on your arris. Hardly a selling point.

Lots of Assembly employees live there. I went there once - very nouveau riche and gauche. Not nice. It's in 'the vale' - a place that should be avoided by anyone who values their sanity, like most of South Wales.

I remember visiting a PR agency in Berkshire - they had a telephone number in Cowbridge (just a diverted telephone number - wanted people in the Assembly to think they had an office close by - thought it made them sound posh too. :lol::lol::lol:)

Mike

Edited by gruffydd

a place that should be avoided by anyone who values their sanity, like most of South Wales.

Is that South Wales that values its sanity, or South Wales that should be avoided?

- yes, yes, I know, Archenfield and all that!

Y

ps agree that Manchester can't throw too many stones (and I'm from up that way).

Is that South Wales that values its sanity, or South Wales that should be avoided?

- yes, yes, I know, Archenfield and all that!

Y

ps agree that Manchester can't throw too many stones (and I'm from up that way).

both, either, confushed - erm, dunno. I don't mind Manchester or Liverpool. Anything's better than Pontypridd, where I've just spend the weekend. B**** H*** - no wonder Tom Jones moved to America!

Edited by gruffydd

Terrace in Cowbridge

£447,500 and roadside parking.

If prices have fallen 15% then it was over £500k at peak, whichever way you look at it, it's half a million for a terrace in Wales.

Even if a 50% fall in property is seen then it still makes this property with a further 35% fall £290k at the bottom.

I assumed that price is out by a factor of 10.

It is okay, but nothing special.