House Price Crash Forum
sortofsilver

Anybody Know What This Is?

I walk most days and pass this structure. Its made of concrete and has various pieces of metal sticking sticking out the top. Its around 20 to 25 feet high.I

have not seen any openings round it. I asked an old man walking his dogs along the path and he said he wondered what it is for the last 10 years. Any ideas?

rjr253.jpg

214s9oi.jpg

14l11mr.jpg

Radio beacon of some sorts? judging by the large antenna like thing. Base is prolly just a base (all of which are belong to us)

I don't think so. We have large radio and tv broadcast ariels a few miles away and they look like the effiel tower but around 200 - 300 ft. The things sticking out the top look more like scaffolding poles.

I may be wrong, but I belive it contains the solution to the current economic crisis.

I may be wrong, but I belive it contains the solution to the current economic crisis.

:lol:

Seriously, why not ask the council, or a local historian? The public library should be able to help one way or another.

Is there no sign or writing on it whatsoever?

Any noises coming from inside?

Plus you didn't say where it is.

Oh, and what's all this got to do with HPC? Is the thing on the market and if so for how much?

Go and have a look at the Ordanace Survey map for the site - it may have a label attached to it on the map.

Do you have a local postcode that is nearby?

EDIT: It looks like a concrete base with metal rods sticking out that would have been used to attach a metal structure on top of - perhaps an antenna as other suggest?

Edited by Wad

Redditch

its the 1960s nato attack warning relay station.

it detects air burst atomic explosions which knock out most ordinary communications.

inside the cement will be a copper core.

Edited by the-sign-jacker

If you manage to break in, climb down, turn left, keep going you eventually end up in Gaza.

I walk most days and pass this structure. Its made of concrete and has various pieces of metal sticking sticking out the top. Its around 20 to 25 feet high.I

have not seen any openings round it. I asked an old man walking his dogs along the path and he said he wondered what it is for the last 10 years. Any ideas?

I don't know, but if it has spectacular views it could easily sell for £180K.

The base of a water tower that was never completed?

Tower_Repair.jpg

You know it could be. We have a massive water tower a couple of miles from there but across from the current one is the previous one.

Edited by sortofsilver