House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the-sign-jacker

Gold Went Ballistic Today

Gold just touched $900.23, that's a gain of ~6% today alone and it's bucking the usual trend by rising in tandem with the dollar. It's also gaining in value against every major currency and spectacularly against the falling pound.

I reckon we'll be hitting the March 2008 high of $1000 again before the end of this month. Mainstream economists and talking heads keep bashing gold as a realistic investment/wealth-preservation option; meanwhile it was probably the only asset class to finish in positive territory in 2008 (i.e. +6% in USD & +45% in GBP) just as it has done for the past eight consecutive years since 2001.

And it's already looking like the asset class to be in for 2009. With all the money printing going on, it may be on course for another eight years of gains.

it will spin down a bit next week when all the excitings wears off, but its been holding steady between 800-900 for the last 3 months while our currency fell against it, giving holders a nice 25%+ currency bonus.

now its on its way to mars....

(arnold voice).

"get your ass to marss, get your **** to marss. get your ass to marss...."

edit. not THOSE kind of rockets.....they are £ fueled rockets.

Edited by the-sign-jacker

it will spin down a bit next week when all the excitings wears off, but its been holding steady between 800-900 for the last 3 months while our currency fell against the dollar, a currency thats demise was often cited as a reason for buying gold, giving holders a nice 25%+ currency bonus.

Fixed ;)

After all that's been posted on here about gold over the last 4 years I fail to understand why anyone who reads this forum doesn't now own physical gold.

Considering the state of the global economy, even more so, the UK economy and sterling, I don't see any other asset class outperforming gold.

Probably because there isn't one.

£3000 per ounce anyone! Not impossible.

...you got the power to know.

your indestructabubble...

Isn't that what you were saying when you advised people to borrow on their credit cards to buy gold, and the price promptly plummeted.

Gold hits record highs in euro, sterling terms

Sterling-pricedgold <XAUGBP=R> climbed to an all-time high of 648.51. (Reportingby Jan Harvey; Editing by Peter Blackburn)

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...LN4501620090123

Gold high today £22.85 per gram

Cocaine £42 per gram

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/ourwork/presso...g-trends-08.htm

Cocaine beats Gold.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gSq8ZBdSxNU

Thank you for coming home.

I'm sorry that my pounds are all worn.

I was advised to buy them on here,

I could have sworn.

These were your salad savings.

Slowly being eaten away.

Just another way to pay for today.

Oh but I'm proud of you, but I'm so proud of you.

Theres' nothing left to make me feel small.

Avoiding the £ has left me standing so taaaaaaaaall-hall.....

Gold

Always believe in your inner soul

You've had the info to know

It's indestruct-a-bubble

I always believed in,

because you are...

Gold

Glad that you re bound to return to 900oz +

There s something you all could have earned.

Your indestruct-a-bubble, glad i believed in.

After RBS has gone

I hope you find a little more time

Remember the government were partners in crime

Its only 5 years ago.

The man with the suit and the glass eye in place.

You know that he said he was on the case.

Now hes in debt to you with you,

hes indebted to you

the $ is like a high prison wall.

gold has left my savings standings sooooooo tall !!!

Gold

Always believe in your inner soul

You've had the info to know

It's indestruct-a-bubble

I always believed in,

because you are...

Gold

Glad that you re bound to return to 900oz +

There s something you all could have earned.

Your indestruct-a-bubble, glad i believed in.

shoooby doo saxy breaks....lalala la lala la.

ponmce around. more la la la

Isn't that what you were saying when you advised people to borrow on their credit cards to buy gold, and the price promptly plummeted.

you should have done it. it was 6 months ago when i said that.

0% card 10k would have made you £4k profit -

fools.......

After all that's been posted on here about gold over the last 4 years I fail to understand why anyone who reads this forum doesn't now own physical gold.

Exactly right!

Even if you believe the propaganda about gold (i.e. doesn't pay interest, doesn't have a place in today's sophisticated financial world, e.t.c), the fact is that gold is money, it doesn't have counterparty risk, it is limited in supply, and it has been used directly as money or convertible to fiat for 2000+ years until as recently as 1971.

So having a percentage of one's assets in gold is a no-brainer; even central banks are no longer leasing out their gold reserves and China, Russia, South American and most Arab countries are building up their percentage of gold reserves.

Why anyone would want to trust this 39-year ponzi-scheme experiment of fiat currency backed by nothing and can consequently be printed to infinity is beyond me?

Exactly right!

Even if you believe the propaganda about gold (i.e. doesn't pay interest, doesn't have a place in today's sophisticated financial world, e.t.c), the fact is that gold is money, it doesn't have counterparty risk, it is limited in supply, and it has been used directly as money or convertible to fiat for 2000+ years until as recently as 1971.

So having a percentage of one's assets in gold is a no-brainer; even central banks are no longer leasing out their gold reserves and China, Russia, South American and most Arab countries are building up their percentage of gold reserves.

Why anyone would want to trust this 39-year ponzi-scheme experiment of fiat currency backed by nothing and can consequently be printed to infinity is beyond me?

And they dont even need the physical limitations of the printing press anymore either. Digital fiat!

Learn more about the greatest ponzi scheme and how to protect yourself here. http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=mo...emb=0&aq=f#

Edited by endgame