House Price Crash Forum

Anne Ashworth

HOLA441

We're all frustrated!

........when it comes to wanting to buy! How annoying, we can't get in on the market.

She fails to realise the "Excluded" categories of buyers have nothing at all to lose in a market that is diving - other then being able to buy on the cheap with little or no mortgage as I'm sure most of us here will be looking to do.

She's a laugh n half! :lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Silly b1tch

I, for one, am a homeowner with 100% equity, a big pile of cash and a very healthy income. And I have no intention of pissing my assets or prospects up against the wall to keep her and her ilk in the style to which they would like to become permanently accustomed. Just thought you should know, Anne ;)

:lol:

HOLA449
We're all frustrated!

Do you think she is doing this deliberatly or that she really does not have a clue?

""Thus, for the moment, they will continue to favour customers who represent the lowest risk. "

A very sensible stratagy from the banks and one they should have stuck with previously.

"For the excluded categories (first-time buyers, and owners with little equity aspiring to trade up) this is particularly frustrating. Their sense of injustice is being further exacerbated by the still self-satisfied expression on the face of Sir Fred Goodwin, the former chief executive of RBS, the man whose strategies mean that this bank is currently not playing its part in mending the property market. "

"mending the property market"! does this daft woman not realise that it is almost terminally broken. Sir Fred Goodwin and RBS is at least partly responsible for the current mess by lending too much money out and not being sensible enough to think about whether the customers could pay it back. They (RBS) are no longer in a position to make these idiot loans even if it wanted to.

Sounds like she is desperate to pile in there and hoover up some BTL's (or maybe a pad in the country - or both) "on the cheap" but she has gone to the bank and the computer has said "no".

HOLA4410
We're all frustrated!

........when it comes to wanting to buy! How annoying, we can't get in on the market.

She fails to realise the "Excluded" categories of buyers have nothing at all to lose in a market that is diving - other then being able to buy on the cheap with little or no mortgage as I'm sure most of us here will be looking to do.

An attached article from the Times that I have popped in here in case it has already been posted.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle5531591.ece

"“If you had to write a recipe for the right time to buy property, you would list all the conditions we have at present,” says Gary Murphy, partner and auctioneer at Allsop. "

- if you ask me Gary Murphy should be working for the Edinburgh Evening News, his optimism would certainly fit in well there.

HOLA4411
Do you think she is doing this deliberatly or that she really does not have a clue?

""Thus, for the moment, they will continue to favour customers who represent the lowest risk. "

A very sensible stratagy from the banks and one they should have stuck with previously.

"For the excluded categories (first-time buyers, and owners with little equity aspiring to trade up) this is particularly frustrating. Their sense of injustice is being further exacerbated by the still self-satisfied expression on the face of Sir Fred Goodwin, the former chief executive of RBS, the man whose strategies mean that this bank is currently not playing its part in mending the property market. "

"mending the property market"! does this daft woman not realise that it is almost terminally broken. Sir Fred Goodwin and RBS is at least partly responsible for the current mess by lending too much money out and not being sensible enough to think about whether the customers could pay it back. .........

Methinks you may be aluding to those things called

LIAR LOANS....

:P

HOLA4412
An attached article from the Times that I have popped in here in case it has already been posted.

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life...icle5531591.ece

""If you had to write a recipe for the right time to buy property, you would list all the conditions we have at present," says Gary Murphy, partner and auctioneer at Allsop. "

That is most certainly true.......

.....if your frame of reference extend no more than the previous five years.

But that's a pretty dumb frame of reference. :rolleyes:

HOLA4413
We're all frustrated!

and incredibly dumb.

she has no qualifications.

no experience.

she simply borrowed more than she has.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
is she frustrated that it's a lot harder to write self-satisfied property articles when prices are falling and liar loans aren't available on every street corner?

She's probably on the phone right now, crying to her Mum..... "'snot fair....... [sniff, sniff, blu, blub...], I can't say anything right...... [sniff, sniff, blu, blub...], and we're spiralling into debt on our Buy-to-Let "investments"....[sniff, sniff, blu, blub...] ..................

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
We're all frustrated!

Are you "Dan" in the comments section by any chance?

Just where do you think HPs will end up (for the category you would consider purchasing)? Have you really saved the entire cost in cash; can you preserve it through potential jobless periods over the coming years; and what makes you think MOST non-owning HPCers will be able to do this?

Oh, and are you bull or bear?