House Price Crash Forum

Local Ea Playing Games With One Property

chichi

HOLA441

They are on rightmove. All their other properties are on rightmove. One has been removed. But it's still on their site.

What's going on?

It's one we viewed - and one if I could reduce the asking price enough would buy.

Big victorian place needs some work doing.

I'm just so suspicious about the reason why. Is there a logical one?

HOLA442
HOLA443
They are planning on lowering the price and don't want it to be picked on on the historic's. It will go back on after the price drop.

Ooo don't tease me like this. I'm thinking one of them is after it... and wants to make sure no one else views it...

HOLA444

Maybe sold or withdrawn, and they're slow to update their own site - which may be managed by some local deezyner who isn't the most efficient and responsive, or is just too expensive to instruct regularly, or ....

I get more suspicious of agents where propertybee fails to notice price drops, no doubt 'cos the reference changed. That's an agent move rather than a vendor one.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
They are on rightmove. All their other properties are on rightmove. One has been removed. But it's still on their site.

What's going on?

It's one we viewed - and one if I could reduce the asking price enough would buy.

Big victorian place needs some work doing.

It's a phenomenon we've not seen for a while - two parties interested in the same property !

It's the green shoots of recovery !

Quick, someone ring 10 Downing St. and tell 'em the news.

HOLA4410
It's a phenomenon we've not seen for a while - two parties interested in the same property !

It's the green shoots of recovery !

Quick, someone ring 10 Downing St. and tell 'em the news.

:)

I am very suspicious. It's a nice house but needs work doing on it - but it's a period house and is lovely and big.

I don't know whether to say I'm interested (Or hahah whether they know it's me who's interested in it and they want me to hurry up and offer on it) but would only offer low £80k rather than £120k they want for it.

I suspect it's one that would easily turn into a money pit though as there's possible subsidence issue at the back of the property (else I'd have offered already I think - but major structural work is just too much for me to suffer)

I think the sensible thing to do is let whoever it is buy it and suffer the issues I suspect will crop up...

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the EA ...

There's a house on rightmove that was bought by an EA a year or so ago (They declared an EA interest in it when it was sold for 115k) and now it's on sale for offers over 109k - speculation gone wrong -

I feel a bit cross and angry that I've not had a government bailout to allow me to buy this house I want...

*sighs*

HOLA4411

What's going on?

"Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice."

EAs are not usually intellectual heavyweights; managing a website listing will tax the abilities of many of them.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413