House Price Crash Forum
deflation

Hutton On 5live

At last, a spokesman, no matter what you think of him, suggests taking in bankers for police questioning.

Hutton seems to me to be a strange character all together. An HPI VI who sometimes talks sense. :unsure:

Still think he's a t1t though.

Guest sillybear2

He wasn't saying that before when his wife kept borrowing off them to fund her property empire.

I might have misheard but I think I heard Portillio, on the same show about 2 hours earlier, suggest stringing a few of them up? I think it must have been wishful thinking on my part as I slowly awoke. I am sure he said that it was about time some of them were arrested.

I might have misheard but I think I heard Portillio, on the same show about 2 hours earlier, suggest stringing a few of them up? I think it must have been wishful thinking on my part as I slowly awoke. I am sure he said that it was about time some of them were arrested.

The total scandal of this current crisis is the complete LACK of any convictions of the main protagonists.

So far we've had :

- Madoff in the US...but that was one the authorities couldn't ignore.

- Kerviel in France, with Societe Generale. He's been held for a few weeks, but word is he'll get a reduced sentence at worst and stay out of jail if the judge is lenient. The SG management will escape major sanctions.

Elsewhere, as shown in the UK, it's pretty much "Move on, nothing to see here".

Absolutely, effin shocking. :angry: :angry: :angry:

He's a Euro w@nker. I will pay to see him interviewed when the Euro collapses.

sterling will collapse first IMO. What will you pay with?

At last, a spokesman, no matter what you think of him, suggests taking in bankers for police questioning.

It wont happen as too many politicans colluded with them

It wont happen as too many politicans colluded with them

some even get jobs.

Extremely WELL PAID jobs.

Then they also become peace envoys in a region they invaded.

Nick Leeson didn't get away with it.

Those really responsible never bought to account. Leesons job was to arbitrage the markets (making a small spread) The fact that his small arbitrage operation made most of the banks profits was not considered unusual/wrong/fraudulent by senior mangement seems slightly strange. :rolleyes:

He's a Euro w@nker. I will pay to see him interviewed when the Euro collapses.

Sterling will go first, Bogbrush, in my humble opinion. Vince Cable was also talking of criminal investigations this week on, I think, GMTV. In fact he was off to visit the Head of the SFO that very day.

Those really responsible never bought to account. Leesons job was to arbitrage the markets (making a small spread) The fact that his small arbitrage operation made most of the banks profits was not considered unusual/wrong/fraudulent by senior mangement seems slightly strange. :rolleyes:

I think Leeson was actually jailed on a false accounting matter. Trying to hide the losses. Err wait a minute, who else could be hiding their losses? :lol:

Sterling will go first, Bogbrush, in my humble opinion. Vince Cable was also talking of criminal investigations this week on, I think, GMTV. In fact he was off to visit the Head of the SFO that very day.

I wonder what the crime would be. Banking with Intent?

I mean, we needed to introduce new laws to capture real life terrorists FFS!

Guest Steve Cook
Hutton seems to me to be a strange character all together. An HPI VI who sometimes talks sense. :unsure:

Still think he's a t1t though.

I think he is a bit deranged, to be honest

In mean fracture - countries break off, which is more likely than Sterling going.

The French and Germans plus Benelux will keep the Euro going for good.

Why that will please me is that the fool Hutton constantly comes up with any reason to have us in the Euro. It'll be nice to see his opinion when others have to bale out.

Horse bolted - barn door not.............. :rolleyes::rolleyes: