House Price Crash Forum
Conquistador

Brown On Radio 4 This Morning

He is certainly deluded - Northern Rock have paid back £15bn apparantly.

Our public finances are "good"

It's global

It's global

It's a differant recession this time

It's global

Evan coul dhave been a lot more aggressive - he's far too nice. No mention of the housing bust.

Even if itt makes you want to kill your radio, or make a run for the bathroom.

Must have said "global" about 20 times...!

It's global

It's global

It's global

Evan coul dhave been a lot more aggressive - he's far too nice. No mention of the housing bust.

As the fat one would tell us, Evan had best be very careful what he says. I predict a hillside walking accident very soon for Mr Davis.

BD

As the fat one would tell us, Evan had best be very careful what he says. I predict a hillside walking accident very soon for Mr Davis.

BD

or perhaps some sort of naked gay wrestling accident. What a tool.

It's global

It's global

It's global

I thought he really missed a trick when Brown was trying to explain away the Boom and Bust stuff saying that it was a term describing keeping inflation under control that he didn't immediately switch hit him with "So in an economy driven by consumerism funded by releases of house price equity why weren't house prices part of the RPI and CPI calculations?"

Thought he did okayish, trying to get Brown to hoist himself by his own rope, by constantly denying the points being made, but he could have gone further. Good to hear Stephanie Flanders is back as economic editor.

It's global

It's global

It's global

I coudnt be arsed to even listen, taking a bath instead. the answers are all pre prepared and total 8ollax as usual, hes been like this ever since he was chancellor. he isnt going to change.

I coudnt be arsed to even listen, taking a bath instead. the answers are all pre prepared and total 8ollax as usual, hes been like this ever since he was chancellor. he isnt going to change.

Ditto, I turned it off in the end as 'There was nothing to see here' except Broon getting all agitated (sounded as though he was on the cusp of losing it) after a minute or so about nothing in particular.

Evan = pathetic tool

Yes Davis was useless. He was clearly scared of Brown. Absolutely petrified.

He even missed the opportunity when Brown said 'inflation had been kept low BECAUSE of low interest rates'!!!!

Yes Davis was useless. He was clearly scared of Brown. Absolutely petrified.

He even missed the opportunity when Brown said 'inflation had been kept low BECAUSE of low interest rates'!!!!

HE should be scared of brown.

We aren't far off the one eyed buffoon caling martial law and then it'll be rounding up "unfriendlies" at 4am by the security forces and all that jazz.

Despite Evan Davies' repeated attempts, Broon refused to acknowledge we'd had boom and bust on his watch.

He wouldn't even utter the words "boom" and "bust". Pitiful.

It's starting to become fairly obvious that Brown is mentally ill isn't it?

Evan Davis actually interviewed financial guru Nouredi at 7:30AM earlier this morning. Nouredi made it clear that he thought the UK had particular issues with a housing bubble, excess borrowing and lending.

Anyone count the number of times Brown used the word Global ?

Edited by penbat1

Missed the boradcast. Did Brown mention that it began in America?

It could be that this excuse for his 10 years of incompetence as a chancellor has gone as the Sheeple have woken up to the fact that the troubles BEGAN in the US has nothing to do with the mistakes made in this country that have led to the exact same result: bust.

The BBC will be used as a propaganda machine in the spirit of Baghdad Bob given the dire state of the nation. "Loose talk costs money." That is why they wont mention the Pound in public.

All sickening really. What will be the catalytic event to propel Brown from office? 4-6m unemployed most likely. By the end of this year.

Edited by Realistbear

Most so called experts like Evan Davis know nothing, he admitted that he didn't see the crash coming!!!

Brown conned the sheeple with his economic miracle buy not including anything that went up in price to calculate the inflation figures. Just look at the increase in council Tax under Nulab, we all know Brown is a liar.

I suggest that he should now base economic output figures totally on takings from Bailiffs and Receivers. this would then show unequivocally that the economy has turned round and we are all saved!

Extremely soft interview of Brown this morning on Radio 4. Evan is "not blaming" Gordon and agrees that it is "global". Thank christ I don't pay a licence fee...

I wonder if Comrade Brown will dare to go on This Morning again? I seem to remember Fern Britton giving him a harder time than many of the so called 'hard hitting' interviewers.

At least Evan did make a start trying to look back at where the mistakes were made. He alluded to the fact that cutting interest rates in 2005 was a mistake, and tried to steer the interview towards looking at browns legacy. Not very well, is all.

But it's the first time in the press that I've heard someone questioning WHY we're in this mess. Sure, we've heard "americas fault", and "scum bankers", but no serious attempt at rationalising what mistakes were made, when, and by whom.

It's starting to become fairly obvious that Brown is mentally ill isn't it?

Actually I got the impression from this interview that he now knows exactly what he's doing. The bit that got me was when Evan referred to 'the people that make up the government after the next election' and then added as an after thought 'that could even be you'. Brown then gave this nervous laugh that to me sounds like he knows the game is up.

I got the striking impression that Brown has accepted the he is going to lose at last. And is now in the process of wreaking what's left of the economy because he knows it will be the Tory's that take over, and they are going to have to take some very unpopular actions especially with the public sector to bring the economy on track. This will almost certainly lead to massive industrial action maybe even rioting. He wants a Tory government to deal with that on their watch because many of the sheeple will blame the Torys.

Actually I got the impression from this interview that he now knows exactly what he's doing. The bit that got me was when Evan referred to 'the people that make up the government after the next election' and then added as an after thought 'that could even be you'. Brown then gave this nervous laugh that to me sounds like he knows the game is up.

I got the striking impression that Brown has accepted the he is going to lose at last. And is now in the process of wreaking what's left of the economy because he knows it will be the Tory's that take over, and they are going to have to take some very unpopular actions especially with the public sector to bring the economy on track. This will almost certainly lead to massive industrial action maybe even rioting. He wants a Tory government to deal with that on their watch because many of the sheeple will blame the Torys.

It's the denial though. Only a psychopath could refuse to take some of the blame for this, and I believe that he does not actually believe that a lot of this is his fault.

Psychopathy checklist, Factor1: Aggressive narcissism:

1. Glibness / superficial charm

2. Grandiose sense of self-worth

3. Pathological lying

4. Cunning / manipulative

5. Lack of remorse or guilt

6. Shallow

7. Callous / lack of empathy

8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

9. Promiscuous sexual behavior