House Price Crash Forum

Is There One Politician In This Country Prepared To Grow A Pair?

HOLA441

The Tories just aren't doing it are they? Time after time, they fail to resonate and register.

Brown is lying there, trussed, gagged and ready for it, and we get nothing.

The biggest round of applause on QT tonight, came in response to some pathetic bleat from a young gal about party politics stopping progress.

When in reality, the Yanks can now move on, and we have another few months of this paralysis.

Political debate is EXACTLY what we need petal.

The black guy, quietly spoken, went straight to the heart of the matter. Browns hubris and incompetence.

Not one person applauded him. If youre reading this mate, i salute you. You nailed it.

Flint is playing the "group hug, lets all be friends card". Sickening. The charm squad, Das Joy Division.

Expect to see Labour attempting to broaden this in to a "lets pull together" ticket. Their last gasp. War footing.

The Libs have loads of "right calls" WMD, Vince, ID Cards, on their side and yet they cant land a punch.

No ire, no brimstone anywhere.

This country will get what it deserves.

HOLA442

The Libs have picked a couple of good headline policies, and I agree with them.

However knowing the Libs are the driving force behind the Political Correctness which in many peoples eyes has gone just too far is what will always isolate them from the public behind their front doors.

I will elaborate, what people say in public these days to appear PC, is not what they actually say after a few beers at a private dinner party.

HOLA443
The black guy, quietly spoken, went straight to the heart of the matter. Browns hubris and incompetence.

Not one person applauded him.

Proof that the QT audience is utterly rigged.

I.e. - fire and brimstone!!

HOLA444
The Tories just aren't doing it are they? Time after time, they fail to resonate and register.

The biggest round of applause on QT tonight, came in response to some pathetic bleat from a young gal about party politics stopping progress.

When in reality, the Yanks can now move on, and we have another few months of this paralysis.

Political debate is EXACTLY what we need petal.

Not one person applauded him. If youre reading this mate, i salute you. You nailed it.

Flint is playing the "group hug, lets all be friends card". Sickening. The charm squad, Das Joy Division.

Expect to see Labour attempting to broaden this in to a "lets pull together" ticket. Their last gasp. War footing.

The Libs have loads of "right calls" WMD, Vince, ID Cards, on their side and yet they cant land a punch.

F*** **f Troll

I DONT WONT LABOUR BACK

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Hope your hangover is evil.

QT

is loaded for the clapomitter so never take any notice of that.

As a viewer from the days of Robin Day's time I can only say Labour were toast tonight the sheeple were getting it .

If you want to see the real desperation of the Labour position watch the iplayer of Will Hutton on This Week BBC.

You can actually see the panic in him.

This is the T**t who was the moral authority behind New Lab in 1995 6 7 8 9++++++ 2000++

Look up Will Hutton for 1979 he is S**ting himself

HOLA448

I think the Tories are "doing it". Cameron has been pretty good in the PMQs I've watched.

"Resonate and register" - what does that mean? I think the terms are more applicable to the fourth estate's opinion than the opinion of populace. The people I've spoken to are keen to get the conservatives in (mainly because they want Labour out).

The recent £17,000 baby-debt campaign is poignant and easily understood. Slowly but surely the people are associating New Labour's excessive spending and economic mis-management with the trouble the UK is facing.

The other point is Brown and his cronies are doing the oppositions work for them, statements like "well placed", "saved the world" and "green-shots" are all destroying what credibility New Labour had left. Nobody trusts them anymore -and rightly so.

HOLA449

at the end of the day, weve been back and forward with both parties for the best part of 40 years with no change.

so maybe, JUST MAYBE its time for a change to liberal and drop the fake PC brigade side issue.

they are the only party with any balls.

its time for real change.

wcs: its splits up either labour or the tories mandate so the cant pass a thing.

so voting lib is NEVER a wasted vote.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
at the end of the day, weve been back and forward with both parties for the best part of 40 years with no change.

so maybe, JUST MAYBE its time for a change to liberal and drop the fake PC brigade side issue.

they are the only party with any balls.

its time for real change.

wcs: its splits up either labour or the tories mandate so the cant pass a thing.

so voting lib is NEVER a wasted vote.

Definitely. If anything it would shake up the big two and get them to listen to what the people want. Sadly the UK is locked into choosing whether to be butt ******ed or face ******ed.

HOLA4412
Definitely. If anything it would shake up the big two and get them to listen to what the people want. Sadly the UK is locked into choosing whether to be butt ******ed or face ******ed.

im going for libs this time,

no matter what the bent-in-bed-with-government-media can negatively portray the party out to be the soft PC brigades..

for a soft brigade of PC-ites, they seem to be asking the most punchy questions.

its the cons who have gone soft.

HOLA4413

How dull, the labour party are getting shagged in the opinion polls, not because the tories are good. So the tories win as a we dont want labour a ticket anymore.

Waht a load of EFFING ******, oh well a bit more of the same old same old.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
im going for libs this time,

no matter what the bent-in-bed-with-government-media can negatively portray the party out to be the soft PC brigades..

for a soft brigade of PC-ites, they seem to be asking the most punchy questions.

its the cons who have gone soft.

Correct. Too comfortable under Brown the bankers friend.

This isnt exactly rocket science.

HOLA4418
I think the Tories are "doing it". Cameron has been pretty good in the PMQs I've watched.

I agree. And furthermore, Cameron has got to tread very carefully. If he goes into Jeff Randall mode he runs the risk of being accused of scaremongering, but any hint of supporting any Labour policy and he risks Brown's lot propagandising on the back of it. Furthermore, Labour's 'Tories = do nothing party' mantra is a tough one to counter, except by explicitly arguing that in some circumstances doing nothing is the right thing - not a message the public want to hear.

HOLA4419
I agree. And furthermore, Cameron has got to tread very carefully. If he goes into Jeff Randall mode he runs the risk of being accused of scaremongering, but any hint of supporting any Labour policy and he risks Brown's lot propagandising on the back of it. Furthermore, Labour's 'Tories = do nothing party' mantra is a tough one to counter, except by explicitly arguing that in some circumstances doing nothing is the right thing - not a message the public want to hear.
If he goes into Jeff Randall mode he runs the risk of being accused of scaremongering,

Some said the AIDS advertising campaign was just scaremongering.

Some of the more stupid said there never was an outbreak.

The same people who failed to observe scaremongering prevented the outbreak.

HOLA4420

"Resonate and register" - what does that mean? I think the terms are more applicable to the fourth estate's opinion than the opinion of populace. The people I've spoken to are keen to get the conservatives in (mainly because they want Labour out).

The recent £17,000 baby-debt campaign is poignant and easily understood. Slowly but surely the people are associating New Labour's excessive spending and economic mis-management with the trouble the UK is facing.

The other point is Brown and his cronies are doing the oppositions work for them, statements like "well placed", "saved the world" and "green-shots" are all destroying what credibility New Labour had left. Nobody trusts them anymore -and rightly so.

The recent £17,000 baby-debt campaign

FWIW I wrote to the conservative party last month on this point.

P1ssing into the wind??

Dear Sir / Madam

I have always voted conservative. Unfortunately as there has been no clear difference between the main parties meant my usual conservative vote can not be guaranteed.

HOWEVER, I am very pleased to hear, at last and perhaps too late, there is no intent to match the insane borrowing plans of this government.

Make NO mistake, you are up against a VERY clever government. I suspect you are going to need a 'Peter Mendelson' in order to compete. If you do not, they WILL win, and our country WILL face real ruin.

The most convincing charge the government can lay against the Conservatives is they are 'do nothing party'. This WILL connect with voters unless you are able to counter the charge effectively.

I have a suggestion that should counter this 'do nothing' image. It will involve demonstrating someone who has 'maxed out' all lines of credit. This someone, until now, has given the appearance of success...... new cars, new TVs, three holidays a year etc....... now this someones income is compromised...... What should he do????

What is Gordon Browns advice?

What is Davis Camerons advice?

Browns advice will be to 'DO SOMETHING'...... GET MORE DEBT!!!!

Camerons advice will be (shold be) to do less. Get LESS debt.

The conservative mission MUST be to break the notion that doing nothing is a bad thing.

If I were part of a TV campaign to highlight the evil of the government, I would suggest something along the lines of the asking of a the question,

"who will be paying for Gordon Browns borrowing?"

I would then show a play ground full of playing children, to demonstrate that Gordon Brown wants our children to pay for HIS borrowing.

Such is the seriousness that our country is facing, I am giving real thought to joining a political party. My obvious choice would be the Conservatives but I would need to be assured the present shift against borrowing is but just the start.

HOLA4421

The problem with trying to compare what Brown has done with the "do nothing" option proposed by Cameron is that there is no way for us to know what the do nothing option would have resulted in.All we can do is wait and see what happens.If in fifteen months time the whole caboodle has disintegrated then Brown will be kicked out.If we pull out of it he will be re-elected.In my humble opinion this is the correct outcome.The current government wasn't wholly responsible for getting us into this,had they imposed restrictions on investment and finance the howls of the Daily Mail et al would have been loud and clear.Now they are being just being wise after the event.

HOLA4422
The problem with trying to compare what Brown has done with the "do nothing" option proposed by Cameron is that there is no way for us to know what the do nothing option would have resulted in.All we can do is wait and see what happens.If in fifteen months time the whole caboodle has disintegrated then Brown will be kicked out.If we pull out of it he will be re-elected.In my humble opinion this is the correct outcome.The current government wasn't wholly responsible for getting us into this,had they imposed restrictions on investment and finance the howls of the Daily Mail et al would have been loud and clear.Now they are being just being wise after the event.

He cut rates in 2005.

Pump pump pump.

Guilty.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
The Libs have picked a couple of good headline policies, and I agree with them.

However knowing the Libs are the driving force behind the Political Correctness which in many peoples eyes has gone just too far is what will always isolate them from the public behind their front doors.

I will elaborate, what people say in public these days to appear PC, is not what they actually say after a few beers at a private dinner party.

Quite right.

After imbibing a couple of snifters of the finest Pinot Grigot, I turned to my guest, the current Earl of Salisbury, and stated: "Now we've got all these unemployed workmen, maybe we could start building our own Nazi death camps and get rid of some of the old people that are clogging up the health and social system. After all, Old People are the UK's biggest growth industry at the moment. We could throw a couple of Jews in, too, just for old time's sake."

HOLA4425
Some said the AIDS advertising campaign was just scaremongering.

Some of the more stupid said there never was an outbreak.

The same people who failed to observe scaremongering prevented the outbreak.

Trying to prevent a disease spreading and trying to get elected are two different objectives, and the same strategy won't necessarily work for both.

Slightly OT but I can't resist it: a friend who is a gynaecologist tells me that the 'don't die of ignorance' type publicity is essentially a red herring. It's an open secret within the medical profession that it is virtually impossible to transmit HIV through 'conventional' intercourse, except when there are open wounds on or near the genitals. Buggery is about the only sexual practice which carries a significant risk, which explains why homosexuals and the populations of developing countries (where buggery is routinely used as a form of contraception and mother-to-child transmission accounts for a large proportion of new cases) account for the vast majority of infections. But of course, publicity campaigns which identify buggery as a high risk activity specifically would incur the wrath of the PC brigade and prompt accusations of homophobia, hence the reason they haven't happened.

Edited by The Ayatollah Bugheri