House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitarman001

The View From Other Forums

This is a forum I used to frequent (when I was more into guitar), but rarely so now:

http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32739

The above is a topic based on the economy - I used to think the forumites there were semi-intelligent but there are only one or two bright sparks who actually get it. Be warned, some of these guys are in serious denial, being eternal optimists.

Instead of making yet another post in vain (which I get quite annoyed at - it is a complete waste of time), I thought I'd leave you lot to have a quick read; feel free to comment if you so desire, but to date, I haven't managed to get the point across to any of them. It would be a miracle if anybody could. You will be ridiculed despite the current events unfolding...

Anything like this on forums you visit? Got any links?

Sorry if OT...

Edited by thomasross20

Thomas, it's too late mate there is nothing to be ha debating anymore.

If they can't see it yet then it's because they have turned their backs. No point telling them to turn around they full well know what it is that looms. Buggerflation.

I wonder if you yourself are having a moment of doubt in that we are living through a massive correction?

I couldn't be bothered to read 13 pages, I read 2 and they sound like they have their heads screwed on. If you have a specific point about one of their posts, why don't you make it easy on everyone and post it here?

Edited by warpig

My view is pretty dire, I wont get into that..!

It just infuriates me - the arguments on so many forums are full of irony, mailce, bad understanding, skewed viewpoints - some folks think the BBC is a great British institution which is not biased, they quote one good story out of a sea of negativity to try and prove a point, they will ridicule you in order to try and look smart and discredit you - not long ago on that forum they urged somebody to buy a house on a part-ownership scheme - a week later the guy lost his job... not long ago another guy was urged to move to a new place (rent-wise) which turned out to be a nightmare - I was practically boo'd away a year ago for what I thought was going to happen to the economy (which it did) - they doubt the two people who work in the finance industry who make the best points - their mis-understanding and general outlook is so unbelievably blinkered that I think they should get back to school! Don't get me started on the MSE forum, either lol...

I just get so bloody angry with people - I know when TSHTF they will turn around and complain - the irony is unreal.

Sometimes my anger gets the best of me and I make the odd post, but I always regret it - probably why I'm venting here. A lot of people think folks on this site are doom-mongers, complete looney-bins with half-cocked theories who are bent on destroying the economy with their negative outlook - but I say completely the opposite. It is so refreshing to hear from people who actually know what is going on - we have insiders here, some very smart people (as indicated by the jobs topic a few months ago), I often use this site as a news update rather than the BBC, and when I read the posts so many of them just ring true - no uneasy feelings - you know there is no bullshitting and that the heart of the matter is cut to from the get go. I've GOT to permananly cut my ties with these other forums - the denial and venomous replies do no good to my temper (and it's the optimists who do the ridiculing... always... anybody who posts anything negative is always on the defensive - surely a balanced viewpoint consists of both).

Edited by thomasross20

Sorry, I guess you have to have been part of the place to know how the people think and what they mean when they write their messages - their are a few examples on the thread with some you wouldn't bat an eyelid at unless you knew the guys. I'd dig them up but it's late and I've got to get some sleep! Sorry if it's been a wasted thread - everybody's allowed one or two of those, right? ;)

I post a lot on sports forums which have `any other business sections` - basically when I mentioned about collapsing house prices etc I was not only flamed out but ridiculed as some sort of senile idiot - in fact I was patronised as the forum fool - `everyone knows property prices always go up` been the kindest comments...

Does it not anger you? Do you not feel the need to post your viewpoints? I felt that need for a long time but I see how futile it is now, and the replies infuriate me. A complete waste of time :(

I post a lot on sports forums which have `any other business sections` - basically when I mentioned about collapsing house prices etc I was not only flamed out but ridiculed as some sort of senile idiot - in fact I was patronised as the forum fool - `everyone knows property prices always go up` been the kindest comments...

really they must be sick...maybe just maybe !! they have stopped reading the news papers and looking at the tv etc for the last year... :lol: oh dear,oh dear....what a bunch of idiot's they must be.. :lol:

I just get so bloody angry with people - I know when TSHTF they will turn around and complain

Your viewpoints are likely to be so far removed from them that you will be written off as an idiot. Boom and busts are based on participants in the system operating on different response times to events. You may have found the ones with the slowest response time.

I don't get angry at sheep for being stupid. See it that way.

VMR.

You may have found the ones with the slowest response time.

I'd make a sly gibe about population pools who self-define in terms of the material goods they consume but it's probably not worth it. ;)

Does it not anger you? Do you not feel the need to post your viewpoints? I felt that need for a long time but I see how futile it is now, and the replies infuriate me. A complete waste of time :(

When that happens, you should pick up the guitar for an hour or two. Effects box, headphones (unless you live somewhere remote), guitar, emotion and you'll be sorted. ;)

I dont see anything economic on other forums I frequent,

The cycling ones are all about what is the best/worst tyre and women who look good in lycra, whereas I stopped visiting the Biofind (work related) rumourmill because it was all just people being bitter and twisted about their ex-boss/soon to be ex-boss, and that sort of negativity is really tiresome after a while. Or is that tyre some? ;)

This is a forum I used to frequent (when I was more into guitar), but rarely so now:

http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32739

The above is a topic based on the economy - I used to think the forumites there were semi-intelligent but there are only one or two bright sparks who actually get it. Be warned, some of these guys are in serious denial, being eternal optimists.

Instead of making yet another post in vain (which I get quite annoyed at - it is a complete waste of time), I thought I'd leave you lot to have a quick read; feel free to comment if you so desire, but to date, I haven't managed to get the point across to any of them. It would be a miracle if anybody could. You will be ridiculed despite the current events unfolding...

Anything like this on forums you visit? Got any links?

Sorry if OT...

Stop worrying about the ignorance of others, it's not worth arguing. If people cannot learn by their own mistakes then they are not going to learn from someone elses.

Use the situation to your own advantage; you have knowlege others cannot comprehend.

I do remember Jesus himself saying "Not to cast your pearls amongst swine lest they trample them and then turn on you"

Why bother to try and convert people? We have each other here and it's all warm and friendly like ;) I could not care less how stupid other people are to be honest. I don't care if they lose their houses or their savings. It is every mans personal responsability to educate himself and to also bear the full weight of his decision making in life.

Stop worrying about the ignorance of others, it's not worth arguing. If people cannot learn by their own mistakes then they are not going to learn from someone elses.

Use the situation to your own advantage; you have knowlege others cannot comprehend.

Inspiring words Sonic.

I'm ready for this and have been for two years or more.

Good luck to all.

My view is pretty dire, I wont get into that..!

It just infuriates me - the arguments on so many forums are full of irony, mailce, bad understanding, skewed viewpoints - some folks think the BBC is a great British institution which is not biased, they quote one good story out of a sea of negativity to try and prove a point, they will ridicule you in order to try and look smart and discredit you - not long ago on that forum they urged somebody to buy a house on a part-ownership scheme - a week later the guy lost his job... not long ago another guy was urged to move to a new place (rent-wise) which turned out to be a nightmare - I was practically boo'd away a year ago for what I thought was going to happen to the economy (which it did) - they doubt the two people who work in the finance industry who make the best points - their mis-understanding and general outlook is so unbelievably blinkered that I think they should get back to school! Don't get me started on the MSE forum, either lol... I just get so bloody angry with people - I know when TSHTF they will turn around and complain - the irony is unreal. ometimes my anger gets the best of me and I make the odd post, but I always regret it - probably why I'm venting here. A lot of people think folks on this site are doom-mongers, complete looney-bins with half-cocked theories who are bent on destroying the economy with their negative outlook - but I say completely the opposite. It is so refreshing to hear from people who actually know what is going on - we have insiders here, some very smart people (as indicated by the jobs topic a few months ago), I often use this site as a news update rather than the BBC, and when I read the posts so many of them just ring true - no uneasy feelings - you know there is no bullshitting and that the heart of the matter is cut to from the get go. I've GOT to permananly cut my ties with these other forums - the denial and venomous replies do no good to my temper (and it's the optimists who do the ridiculing... always... anybody who posts anything negative is always on the defensive - surely a balanced viewpoint consists of both).

Just as a side note but I find it very difficult to read a wall of text. Please consider using paragraphs.

Edited by KingBingo

I visit another forum and one guy is convinced house prices have bottomed out round his way. Works in the building trade too. He's not very bright to be honest, supports Man U for example....

It's not worth arguing with this people. Time will tell.

A lot of people think folks on this site are doom-mongers, complete looney-bins with half-cocked theories who are bent on destroying the economy with their negative outlook -

crap is that whats causing it.

we'd better stop posting and things will be just fine............

there was me thinking that it was caused by the banks greed to make money.

Don't get so wrapped up in internet forums! Turn off the laptop and do something else, lifes too short to argue points with strangers who also haven't thought of anything better to do at that moment in time. So what if they don't agree? What does it matter? How would your life improve if these strangers did agree with you?

Go for a walk or something.