House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Caramba

Another 10% Bt Are Taking From Us

Dear Customer,

At BT, we’re always looking for ways to give you more value for money. That’s why we’ve come up with a few changes that could save you money.

Make FREE calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Having to pay for calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers can be a source of irritation for everyone. Whilst BT customers have always benefited from cheap calls to these numbers, we’ve now decided to go one step further and as of 16th January, make calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers FREE within your inclusive call time.

Depending on the type of calling plan you have, these calls are FREE during the weekend (with Unlimited Weekend Plan), evenings and weekends (with Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan) or any time (with Unlimited Anytime Plan). So now you can make the calls you need to make, without worrying about the cost.

We’re making a few other changes too.

At BT, we listen to your feedback. That’s why from 1st April we will be changing our Friends & Family discount scheme. We’re introducing two new discount options, Friends & Family Mobile and Friends & Family International that are better suited to the type of calls our customers make today. From this date the current Friends & Family scheme will no longer be available, however our two new products will allow you to save money on all calls to UK mobiles and all international calls. We’ll keep you informed, so look out for more details, including instructions on how to opt in to these products, in your bill from April.

We are also making some other changes to our prices and terms and conditions, which are detailed below.

They include an increase in the price of basic line rental of £1 a month, from 1st April.

Manage your account conveniently online.

We’d also like to remind you how easy it is to manage your account online. You can:

• Change your Calling Features in just a few clicks.

• Keep on top of your spending by viewing the cost of your calls.

• Set up automated payments like Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan.

Plus now if you order a new product from us like BT Total Broadband or BT Vision you can track the progress of your order online. Visit Your Account now.

Thank you for being a BT customer.

Yours faithfully,

Nigel Stagg

Managing Director, Customer Service

Just slip in another 10% rise

The time had come to get BB in the office, i rang BT and they refused to give me any other deal than:-

24 month contract

£29.99 a month

Little reduction on my call charges.

I was paying £55 a month, i needed BB (Extra £29.00 a month) and a wireless set up & a Laptop..............Then i went to Talk,Talk site.

24 Month contract

£39.99 a month In clunding line rent

FREE CALLS (UK) 9-5

Wirless set up for a one off £29

...................................AND A FREE LAPTOP......Not rubbish either a mid range HP!!!!!!!!!

So, Free Laptop, BB, Wireless...............& i save £15 a month!

............and they wonder WHY they have a falling customer base?

Mike

Edited by Mega

They watched the news and saw British Gas giving 10% off, so well done to BT for taking it the other way! :lol:

It's now pass the parcel of bills to confuse you all. Give and take. <_<

Only joking, just dump BT job done.

and 8pm call connection charge if not on a plan! Quite outrageous, you phone someone, it goes to 1571 which they try to make everyone take, and you pay 8p for the pleasure.....

Dear Customer,

At BT, we're always looking for ways to give you more value for money. That's why we've come up with a few changes that could save you money.

Make FREE calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers.

Having to pay for calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers can be a source of irritation for everyone. Whilst BT customers have always benefited from cheap calls to these numbers, we've now decided to go one step further and as of 16th January, make calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers FREE within your inclusive call time.

Depending on the type of calling plan you have, these calls are FREE during the weekend (with Unlimited Weekend Plan), evenings and weekends (with Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan) or any time (with Unlimited Anytime Plan). So now you can make the calls you need to make, without worrying about the cost.

We're making a few other changes too.

At BT, we listen to your feedback. That's why from 1st April we will be changing our Friends & Family discount scheme. We're introducing two new discount options, Friends & Family Mobile and Friends & Family International that are better suited to the type of calls our customers make today. From this date the current Friends & Family scheme will no longer be available, however our two new products will allow you to save money on all calls to UK mobiles and all international calls. We'll keep you informed, so look out for more details, including instructions on how to opt in to these products, in your bill from April.

We are also making some other changes to our prices and terms and conditions, which are detailed below.

They include an increase in the price of basic line rental of £1 a month, from 1st April.

Manage your account conveniently online.

We'd also like to remind you how easy it is to manage your account online. You can:

• Change your Calling Features in just a few clicks.

• Keep on top of your spending by viewing the cost of your calls.

• Set up automated payments like Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan.

Plus now if you order a new product from us like BT Total Broadband or BT Vision you can track the progress of your order online. Visit Your Account now.

Thank you for being a BT customer.

Yours faithfully,

Nigel Stagg

Managing Director, Customer Service

Just slip in another 10% rise

is that not theft !!! :blink::unsure::(

Switch to Virgin or another cable provider. You'll never pay BT another penny for line rental and the calls will be cheaper.

Not an option unless you live somewhere urban.

How much is mobile broadband these days?

For making free calls to 0870 and 0845 numbers (which are overlays on standard landlines), use an participate in this website.

www.saynoto0870.com

I swear by it. Bloody brilliant effort.

I got my bill this week from BT - they have decided to put my direct debit up by £12 a month because I spent £3 more a month on phone calls in the last quarter.Apart from that the total charges are the same.

Wish I could understand their logic - apart from the fact that they are rip off merchants who present their bills in an extremely dishonest fashion (e.g. including line rental and broadband charges for two or three months ahead in your bill - as if you owe the money now - but not applying the same accruals logic and assuming my monthly payment goes in as well).

I got my bill this week from BT - they have decided to put my direct debit up by £12 a month because I spent £3 more a month on phone calls in the last quarter.Apart from that the total charges are the same.

I could never understand BT's monthly payment plan - they always seems to be taking more money than required. So I cancelled the plan and set up a new direct debit with them to pay the amount owed for each quarterly bill. This obviously wasn't simple - they wouldn't allow me to do this in one step. I had to cancel the DD completely, start paying the bill by cheque, then setup the direct debit again!

Still, at least they don't have my money sitting in their coffers earning interest at my expense...

Regards,

crude.

Mobile broadband all the way since my last rental. £120 to get the existing line reactivated. We were only there for 6 months so that made the monthly charge a whopping £30/month - without any calls and broadband extra on top of that.

Now £7.50/month gives 3GB of near instant use anywhere (there's a decent reception) broadband. Perhaps not quite as reliable a connection though. £20/year pay as you go covers calls.

The other shit in that BT letter is that your get something like 2.50 off per month (whatever the fee is for the evening and weekend package) if you sign up to a rolling 12 month contract.

More discrimination against renters.

Better still bin the BT line completely and go with VOIP.

Skype and Vonage have some good alternatives these days and have packages where you don't need to leave your PC on all the time.

I operate my business from home and my land line number is embedded with long term customers and in my advertising material. If it wasn't for this fact I would transfer my line over like a shot.......

I got that letter through the post yesterday and I'll be signing up ASAPS. As I'm on the evening & weekend plan, it's now gonna cost me just over 11 quid a month for free evening and weekend calls (under 60 mins). As we all work or go to school in the day, and having two teenage daughters, I'm more than happy with that TBH. I also pay Sky a fiver a month for their mid-range BB package - so thats only about £16.25 pcm for all our webmonging and gassing.

The time had come to get BB in the office, i rang BT and they refused to give me any other deal than:-

24 month contract

£29.99 a month

Little reduction on my call charges.

I was paying £55 a month, i needed BB (Extra £29.00 a month) and a wireless set up & a Laptop..............Then i went to Talk,Talk site.

24 Month contract

£39.99 a month In clunding line rent

FREE CALLS (UK) 9-5

Wirless set up for a one off £29

...................................AND A FREE LAPTOP......Not rubbish either a mid range HP!!!!!!!!!

So, Free Laptop, BB, Wireless...............& i save £15 a month!

............and they wonder WHY they have a falling customer base?

Mike

£1000 for a free laptop and a service that costs them very little to operate.

I pay £29 for TV, phone and BB per month. Virgin.

The other shit in that BT letter is that your get something like 2.50 off per month (whatever the fee is for the evening and weekend package) if you sign up to a rolling 12 month contract.

More discrimination against renters.

you can usually take the service with you to your new address