House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

Fast Bucks: How Porsche Made Billions

Guest sillybear2

Sweet. I wonder if the next day in Mayfair saw hundreds of the hedgies Porsches being repo'd for margin calls?

Porsche played an absolute blinder.

Screwed a bunch of amateurs into the ground and now those kiddies are squealing.

Sweet!

The hedge funds get screwed by there own greed. Very funny.

If they had made what Porsche did they would all have been laughing and drinking Champagne but because they got screwed they all went crying to mummy.

Edited by interestrateripoff

just because you see one set of highwaymen as more virtous than the next does not mean they are... they robbed all that money legaly, does not make it right they are still theives...

Guest sillybear2
Porsche played an absolute blinder.

Screwed a bunch of amateurs into the ground and now those kiddies are squealing.

Sweet!

The hedge funds say it's not fair, they want people to be open, transparent and they want to cry to nanny regulator because they just love regulations, don't they? :lol::lol:

I take my hat off to Porsche.

Guest sillybear2
just because you see one set of highwaymen as more virtous than the next does not mean they are... they robbed all that money legaly, does not make it right they are still theives...

The thing is Porsche and VW will now use that money to do useful $hit, designing new engines, hybrid drive trains, building factories that actually employ people, selling real goods for export, paying taxes.

The thing is Porsche and VW will now use that money to do useful $hit, designing new engines, hybrid drive trains, building factories that actually employ people, selling real goods for export, paying taxes.

Drinking Champagne, snorting coke and paying for prostitutes isn't useful $hit then? Won't you please think of the hookers and drug dealers that will lose out.

Guest sillybear2
Won't you please think of the hookers and drug dealers that will lose out.

They their assets were overvalued anyway, they need to chalk it down.

ha ha ha ha :lol::lol: loooool Ive never heard anything that naive... you really beleive that $hit?!?!?? they going to pay it to the shareholders stupid...

http://www.indiacar.net/news/n95981.htm

"Porsche shareholders shall benefit from this"

goes straight into the shareholders pockets to blow on cezch hookers and cocaine. they arn't going to do anything productive with it....

do you think the workers will benefit from this ? do you think the designers of the new 911's unique XYZ are going to see all this money... I can tell you now... they won't. no straight in the shareholders pockets... most of whom are probably you guessed it hedge funds punting large with someone elses money.

Guest sillybear2
ha ha ha ha :lol::lol: loooool Ive never heard anything that naive... you really beleive that $hit?!?!?? they going to pay it to the shareholders stupid...

http://www.indiacar.net/news/n95981.htm

"Porsche shareholders shall benefit from this"

goes straight into the shareholders pockets to blow on cezch hookers and cocaine. they arn't going to do anything productive with it....

do you think the workers will benefit from this ? do you think the designers of the new 911's unique XYZ are going to see all this money... I can tell you now... they won't. no straight in the shareholders pockets... most of whom are probably you guessed it hedge funds punting large with someone elses money.

Porsche is family owned, they used the dividends to buy a larger VW stake.

Porsche is family owned, they used the dividends to buy a larger VW stake.

yeah your right it is majority owned by a family of nazi tank designers, fair play to em I say. its a shame there arn't more people making false markets and cornering stocks, in fact why stop at stocks like VW why not just buy up all the food eh... and flog it back to people just cheap enough so they don't starve...

Maybe I've misunderstood you, but I think you're wrong.

Here's the rub, as far as I'm concerned: either derivative trading is acceptable or it isn't. While we have airy-fairy half-baked rules that aren't (and can't be) enforced... the only way to behave is as if this sort of activity is a risk option traders must take onboard and manage... accepting bankruptcy and default of the derivative contract if they get it wrong. I thought the question being boiled down to "are Porsche a manufacturer or a hedge fund" is preposterous. Surely we should be asking who the hell wrote these "cash covered options" which allowed Porsche to corner the market and threaten a systemic failure in the financial sector. Porsche was only able to do this because the financial sector displayed unbelievable ineptitude, hubris, arrogance and negligence when it came to risk - and a reckless abandon of fiduciary duty. Porsche, as far as I can tell, never risked insolvency - and acted responsibly in the interests of its shareholders. It is about the other side of the bets that we need to ask questions.

I have great misgivings about the way in which futures and options are managed by the financial sector - and, it seems that Porche demonstrated that the system itself was deeply flawed. I think that, as a matter of urgency, we need to establish transparent markets for derivatives... without a 100% transparent system it is inevitable that systemic failure will continue to be plausible - and those who stand to gain are only those who are sufficiently affluent that they can corner markets.

Guest sillybear2
yeah your right it is majority owned by a family of nazi tank designers, fair play to em I say. its a shame there arn't more people making false markets and cornering stocks, in fact why stop at stocks like VW why not just buy up all the food eh... and flog it back to people just cheap enough so they don't starve...

Mayfair is full of big empty houses jonpo, if things get too bad you could always squat and form 'Da Hedge Collective' ;)