House Price Crash Forum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/fromt...nuary_2009.html

So tonight we are placing the question boldly centre stage and asking whether, actually, this problem is of Gordon Brown's making. One economist put it like this:

"It's not good enough to fall asleep at the wheel, crash and then say if it hadn't been for the fact you woke up and swerved to avoid the tree it would have been worse."

Is that really fair given how the rest of the world looks right now? We'll debate it tonight.

Meanwhile, Liz MacKean has returned to Dublin, where the recession is biting:

"In Ireland a whole generation has grown up in times of economic prosperity. It was as though if they wanted a job all they had to do was interview a few employers. Now young and old alike are reeling from a series of economic shocks. Desperate measures being considered include cuts in public sector pay. I'm in Dublin to see what happens when you go from boom to bust in less than a year."

Time to post on the below link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/fromt...nuary_2009.html

Yes. Just one comment and thats requiring "moderation." Good old Pravda at its best, "have your say" provided it agrees with what we've been told to say.

Toss up tonight between this and QT!!!

Gordon Brown getting castigated for being a cant and not waking up in time or Caroline Flint getting bukkaked over Margaret Beckett's insistence that FTB's get out there buying houses

Tough Choice..........

Yes. Just one comment and thats requiring "moderation." Good old Pravda at its best, "have your say" provided it agrees with what we've been told to say.

They moderate every post on that site but usually it all gets posted. There has been much debate on there in recent days actually about how out of date their posting rules are. The Media does not like the Internet - it gives ordinary people the power to have their views heard by millions and they think that is their job alone!

La Flint for me, so long as she wears black and does that funny thing with her mouth under pressure.

I might record the Newsnight thing and watch it if this site confirms my blood pressure could stand it (ie he doesn't get acquitted).

...or Caroline Flint getting bukkaked over Margaret Beckett's insistence that FTB's get out there buying houses

Tough Choice..........

Isn't that something that some excited women want an excited man to do all over them when they are having wild, pasionate sex?

Isn't that something that some excited women want an excited man to do all over them when they are having wild, pasionate sex?

Quite possibly...... ;) Wiki suggests it is a Japanese thing!!

More than one, you need to look it up.

No, it's the Japanese term for putting on too much aftershave. "Splash Greatly", or something like that.

Gordon Brown getting castigated for being a cant and not waking up in time or Caroline Flint getting bukkaked over Margaret Beckett's insistence that FTB's get out there buying houses

Tough Choice..........

Prolly NN first as QT will be all about Obama to start with, making sure the economy gets minimal coverage, just like last week.

Just looked bukkaked (boo-****-ayed) up on the Urban Dictionary.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes :rolleyes: I would not have believed it.

Usage:

1. My wife had agreed to get bukkaked but then she came to this site and looked up the meaning and changed her mind.

2. I hate it when I go to work and get bukkaked by management

I'm not sure what the fascination is with Ms. Flint. Shall watch QT, 'cos a HPCer may be asking a question. Record NN for the assessment of the Brown one.

I'm not sure what the fascination is with Ms. Flint.

Actually, serious answer from me for a change, it is to do with prolonged staring at people. Which you can only do with women on television.

There were experiments conducted at The University Of Toronto, Marshall McLuhan faculty. Two members of the opposite sex would have a controlled conversation, not facing each other, with video. This allowed them to do more ogling and eyeing up and down, which was stimulating.

Couples who met face to face normally and 'averted their gaze' were less stimulated.

This research was done in the '80s, before webcam dating, and was rather prophetic.

So. If she wasn't on the box, there would be less 'pent up demand'.

(A book called 'Brainframes' was written on this subject. Should be retitled, 'How can anyone possibly fancy a Labour MP')

I thought it was all America's fault? I thought we'd all agreed on that?

ISTM that it's not GB's fault for the initial mess, but it is his fault that we are (probably) badly paced to ride it out.

tim

ISTM that it's not GB's fault for the initial mess, but it is his fault that we are (probably) badly paced to ride it out.

tim

Where have you been since 1997?

Darling was stuttering away tonight with the usual, not our fault gov message. How do these liars get away with saying that UK has very low debt??

Hutton seems strangely calm these days compared to the Rogersesque emotion he was displaying last Autumn. Could it be that the interest rate cuts have saved Wifey's business?