House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CarbonBasedLifeform

Dont Worry We Will Soon Be Back To Oct 2007 Prices.

hi all,

well theres been a lot of panic and denial about house price falls / rises from bulls and bears hasn,t there?.

apparently house prices have fallen circa 20% from peak on average from oct 2007. i dont think there is anything to worry about as prices will soon return to these peak levels...... but there are a few negatives also.

average house prices will soon return to circa 205k but............. first price oct 2007 , second price oct 2010.

1.) 2 week family holiday with spending money £2800 , £5000.

2.) loaf of bread £0.95, £2.30

3.) pair of branded imported trainers £55.00 , £135

4.) audi saloon £22,000, £38,000.

5.) average uk salary £25,000, £25,000. ( if you still have a job)

6.) goverment taxes as % of gdp circa 43%, circa 75%.

so as we can all see there is nothing to worry about your previously 205k house will soon return to its peak 205k price as hyperinflation sets in you wont be able to go on holiday or buy a new car but you can sleep in peace in the knowledge that your,e house has not gone down in price.

that assuming all the unemployed hoodies don,t break in while your,e sleeping as crime will increase dramatically..

quantative erasing and hyperinflation, currency decimation that makes it almost immpossible to sell up and leave but its not all bad your house is still at oct 2007 prices :lol::lol::lol:

hi all,

well theres been a lot of panic and denial about house price falls / rises from bulls and bears hasn,t there?.

apparently house prices have fallen circa 20% from peak on average from oct 2007. i dont think there is anything to worry about as prices will soon return to these peak levels...... but there are a few negatives also.

average house prices will soon return to circa 205k but............. first price oct 2007 , second price oct 2010.

so as we can all see there is nothing to worry about your previously 205k house will soon return to its peak 205k price as hyperinflation sets in you wont be able to go on holiday or buy a new car but you can sleep in peace in the knowledge that your,e house has not gone down in price.

that assuming all the unemployed hoodies don,t break in while your,e sleeping as crime will increase dramatically..

quantative erasing and hyperinflation, currency decimation that makes it almost immpossible to sell up and leave but its not all bad your house is still at oct 2007 prices :lol::lol::lol:

Guest sillybear2

In Zimbabwe everyone is a millionaire, we all previously thought HPI and MEW'ing was the path to riches but how stupid have we been, in the rich 300 year history of the Bank of England not once did they realise you can just print wealth out of thin air, without any corresponding increase in output or tiresome labour required in return. Pure alchemy I tell you, alchemy!

Gordon Brown is a man of genius, I also hear he's planning to solve all our energy problems and depleting North Sea reserves when he unveils the all new perpetual motion machine!

In Zimbabwe everyone is a millionaire, we all previously thought HPI and MEW'ing was the path to riches but how stupid have we been, in the rich 300 year history of the Bank of England not once did they realise you can just print wealth out of thin air, without any corresponding increase in output or tiresome labour required in return. Pure alchemy I tell you, alchemy!

Gordon Brown is a man of genius, I also hear he's planning to solve all our energy problems and depleting North Sea reserves when he unveils the all new perpetual motion machine!

This can only work if he prints the money and only gives it to you and me. We could then spend our way out of recession; dark and lonely work, but someone's got to do it.

Guest sillybear2
This can only work if he prints the money and only gives it to you and me. We could then spend our way out of recession; dark and lonely work, but someone's got to do it.

I nominate giving the money to the banksters, they're good at wasting limitless amounts of money on needless junk. If you gave it to the proles some of them might waste it on capital equipment and building productive companies, the sort of stuff that will ruin us, everyone knows the only thing required to make a country rich is a paper mill and a printing press.

hi all,

Yup, this is the nightmare scenario which is looking increasingly certain with every passing day. Several long years of hard work and saving is being made an absolute mockery of, and I'm devastated to the point illness.

but they better get printing fast, if we all go to the banks and withdraw money to spend they won,t have enough cash to give us due to fractional reserve banking, i think they only have to have around 10% of the actual cash in their system as they don,t expect everyone to ask for it as they are have such large personal debts :ph34r:

We have deflation, escalating globally

IF that changes to inflation there will be proportionately less cash available for house purchases and higher interest rates both exerting downward pressure on price of houses.

Without wage increases hpi cannot occur.

No one is seeing wage increases ( except northern rock it seems.)

Tax increases are inevitable , this will exert further downward pressure on hpi.

but they better get printing fast, if we all go to the banks and withdraw money to spend they won,t have enough cash to give us due to fractional reserve banking, i think they only have to have around 10% of the actual cash in their system as they don,t expect everyone to ask for it as they are have such large personal debts :ph34r:

Just went and withdrew a lump of cash; I thought I'd spend it on worthless Chinese tat and thus save the world. Does it work if the money is not borrowed?

Yup, this is the nightmare scenario which is looking increasingly certain with every passing day. Several long years of hard work and saving is being made an absolute mockery of, and I'm devastated to the point illness.

Not so sure its going to play out like this just yet... We have been through the inflationary phase of the debt IE it getting spent.

What is going on is the other slice of the cake. And all that QE will not make t onto the high street. All it will do is help absorb the devastating effects of deleverage.

I do think there will be a commodity boom in around 2020 though! :lol:

Edited by mbga9pgf

Er, this is why the smart money isn't in sterling anymore.... :rolleyes:

We won't be returning to Oct 07 prices in Yen, or CHF...

think you missed the point, house prices may return to oct 2007 peak prices by 2010 but by then an oct 2007 pound will be worth about 35 pence. :(

Guest sillybear2

Brown has little over 12 months left, his last act will be to make us all millionaires, and this great gift will be seared into our memory and the history books, everyone will remember his name, when your children's children are handed the national debt they will marvel at with being left with the 'Brown stuff'.

Edited by sillybear2

My Auntie has lived in Zimbabwe for the past 30 years and is now a multimillionaire several times over. As I am her heir and she is over 80 I expect to be very rich some time soon. I may buy a boiled sweet.

Brown has little over 12 months left, his last act will be to make us all millionaires, and this great gift will be seared into our memory and the history books, everyone will remember his name, when your childs children are handed the national debt they will marvel at with being left with the 'Brown stuff'.

my point exactly :lol:

Guest sillybear2
My Auntie has lived in Zimbabwe for the past 30 years and is now a multimillionaire several times over. As I am her heir and she is over 80 I expect to be very rich some time soon. I may buy a boiled sweet.

Calm down lad, if you're converting Zimbabwe dollars into Sterling you have to be prepared for the fact you might only end up with half a boiled sweet. Zimbabwe does lead the way in cutting edge economic and political science, did you know Mugabe was actually elected?

Just went and withdrew a lump of cash; I thought I'd spend it on worthless Chinese tat and thus save the world. Does it work if the money is not borrowed?

thats a very complicated question, you are in fact dangerous, and m16 will be looking for you soon.

Multiple miggs...

If you happen to ever walk within wispering distance of Mc Twunt, perhaps you could hiss "I can smell you're a C**T" at him.

Just watch mandleson doesn't call you up in the middle of the night and talk at you until you swallow your tongue

Er, this is why the smart money isn't in sterling anymore.... :rolleyes:

We won't be returning to Oct 07 prices in Yen, or CHF...

I'm well aware the smug money is not in sterling any more, but:

1. What kind of disgusting state of affairs is it when the ordinary man has to look to currency trading in order to save up for a home?

2. Even a decent sized deposit which isn't being inflated away doesn't begin to come off well against a whole house-sized debt which is.

Multiple miggs...

If you happen to ever walk within wispering distance of Mc Twunt, perhaps you could hiss "I can smell you're a C**T" at him.

Just watch mandleson doesn't call you up in the middle of the night and talk at you until you swallow your tongue

i,ll eat his liver with a nice chiante ssssslllllllllll,,,,mmmmm :lol:

Calm down lad, if you're converting Zimbabwe dollars into Sterling you have to be prepared for the fact you might only end up with half a boiled sweet. Zimbabwe does lead the way in cutting edge economic and political science, did you know Mugabe was actually elected?

Mr Mugabe and his lovely wife are very misunderstood. He only has the best interests of his people at heart and is trying to protect them from the evil colonialist Brown.

Not seen any printing yet.

and

The deflation is of many orders of magnitude higher than the QE they are contemplating..

so its not gonna happen soon, and it will be very slow in pick up.

Dont forget wages, as they represent the true spending power.

Edited by Bloo Loo