Time for poetry corner:

Windows is shutting down, and grammar are

On their last leg. So what am we to do?

A letter of complaint go just so far,

Proving the only one in step are you.

Better, perhaps, to simply let it goes.

A sentence have to be screwed pretty bad

Before they gets to where you doesnt knows

The meaning what it must of meant to had.

The meteor have hit. Extinction spread,

But evolution do not stop for that.

A mutant languages rise from the dead

And all them rules is suddenly old hat.

Too bad for we, us what has had so long

The best seat from the only game in town.

But there it am, and whom can say its wrong?

Those are the break. Windows is shutting down.

Clive James

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Every public sector office should have to justify why it can't use Linux and Open Office instead of Microsoft. I suspect for the vast majority of PC's there is no need to pay for proprietary software. In one county council the licensing bill amounted to 200k+ for the police authority alone. These are the sorts of savings we should be making at the moment - but our Glorious leader seems intent on spending more instead of prudent cut backs.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Every public sector office should have to justify why it can't use Linux and Open Office instead of Microsoft. I suspect for the vast majority of PC's there is no need to pay for proprietary software. In one county council the licensing bill amounted to 200k+ for the police authority alone. These are the sorts of savings we should be making at the moment - but our Glorious leader seems intent on spending more instead of prudent cut backs.

pay nothing for everything and we will end up with nothing.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Linux doesn't install itself, convert non-Linux systems to Linux, and train staff for free?

Yes, they'd save the licensing costs, but the price they'd have to pay to make this saving would dwarf the actual saving, rather like buying a new Toyota Prius in order to save on fuel costs compared to your current Micra.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

It has very little to do with Vista. The profit engine at MS is Office.

In reality MS needs to accept that they are no longer a growth company. When there are no new customers and all you do is upgrade your current customers you are basically a utility.

The best thing MS could do is split it self up into lots of innovate companies instead of trying to tie all there disparate software together in one big pile of marketing junk.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
It has very little to do with Vista. The profit engine at MS is Office.

In reality MS needs to accept that they are no longer a growth company. When there are no new customers and all you do is upgrade your current customers you are basically a utility.

The best thing MS could do is split it self up into lots of innovate companies instead of trying to tie all there disparate software together in one big pile of marketing junk.

I almost wish I`d paid for this copy of Office now!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425