House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
south_side_sceptic

Australia

About 18 months ago I got out of stocks and shares and have held all my cash in fixed term accounts ever since. Now this made sense when I was able to fix at 6% interest but these are up this Spring.

Given the devaluation of our currency I've been giving thought to shifting my cash abroad. I'm going to Oz in April and am considering trying to get an account set up while over there. I can use a friends address and I still have a (probably classed as dormant) current account from my year out.

This works in practical terms but I was wondering what the general consensus was re the Aussie dollar? Ideally I'd buy US$ but practically I can't see how I can do that.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this