House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rw42

Avoiding Questions

Semi off topic, but i'm liking the public views at the bottom - maybe they should pay more attention to this!

The five Newsbeat and 1Xtra listeners spent more than forty minutes grilling Jacqui Smith.

Afterwards, most of them said they were a little disappointed by the way she dealt with their concerns.

"I expected a text-book answer," said James, "and that's exactly what I got. She treated us as if our opinions didn't count."

Adam said, "She didn't give a straight answer. She isn't someone I'd go for a drink down the pub with".

Young mum Jodie was also frustrated, saying, "She just sat there gabbing on. By the time she'd finished, you'd forgot what she said because it wasn't directed at the questions that were asked".

Adrian thought the Home Secretary could have answered questions better, but he added, "on the whole, I think she's a nice person".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/the_p_wo...000/7844070.stm

Its clear to me every time I see her speak that she doesn't really understand the issues she is talking about, so she has to rely on stock answers and avoid thinking on her feet.

I do wonder what the point of interviewing politicians is. Listening to some of PMQs yesterday i actually think Gordon should be sanctioned under the Mental Health act. what purpose does questioning him serve. He never answers questions and if he does its some retarded answer that has no bearing on reality.