House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Umaguma

Jim Rodgers On Pm Last Night

Worth a listen. He's right isn't he

I'm looking at losing my life's work (deposit)

Bankers, FSA, BTLers, & NuLAB

My hatred for you all is indescribable.

Edited by sbn

Worth a listen. He's right isn't he

I'm looking at losing my life's work (deposit)

Bankers, FSA, BTLers, & NuLAB

My hatred for you all is indescribable.

quite!

'kin unbelievable...

could you give quick summary. what it's all about?

Well there a whole thread on what Jim Rogers is saying and why he is saying it elsewhere on here - but hearing him say it gives it more conviction. WHat truly disturbed me was the sympathetic and pitying tone he had for the UK taxpayer - you could hear it in his voice. Also a hint of confusion in his voice as to why we are letting them all get away with it.

Edited by sbn

Guest mattsta1964
Well there a whole thread on what Jim Rogers is saying and why he is saying it elsewhere on here - but hearing him say it gives it more conviction. WHat truly disturbed me was the sympathetic and pitying tone he had for the UK taxpayer - you could hear it in his voice. Also a hint of confusion in his voice as to why we are letting them all get away with it.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens once the sheeple get wind of what ZuNuFascist has done to our country.

Keep an eye on events in Iceland for how things might develop.

The people are picketing the parliament building and the central bank in REYKJAVIK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/2...tests-recession

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...mm2wrgD95S6EUG1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...e-minister.html

Good stuff...... The unpalatable truth.....

Oh give me strength.

JR: I've owned sterling on and off since I studied at Oxford in the 60s.

Translation: I trade currencies, including sterling.

JR: I'm not making a penny on sterling. I don't own any now.

Interviewer: When exactly did you sell your sterling?

JR: November/December last year.

Translation: I sold my sterling 3 WEEKS ago, timed some seasonal dollar strength and denounced the UK publicly. I'll pick up some sterling when its cheaper than the $1.46 I sold at and make a few percent.

@rsehole.

Edited by AvidFan

Oh give me strength.

JR: I've owned sterling on and off since I studied at Oxford in the 60s.

Translation: I trade currencies, including sterling.

JR: I'm not making a penny on sterling. I don't own any now.

Interviewer: When exactly did you sell your sterling?

JR: November/December last year.

Translation: I sold my sterling 3 WEEKS ago, timed some seasonal dollar strength and denounced the UK publicly. I'll pick up some sterling when its cheaper than the $1.46 I sold at and make a few percent.

@rsehole.

I still can't find any factual fault with what he is saying though. Can you?

Might not be the nice thing to trade misery but he didn't cause the problem, he's just getting fat off it.

I still can't find any factual fault with what he is saying though. Can you?

Might not be the nice thing to trade misery but he didn't cause the problem, he's just getting fat off it.

I can't stand a smug little $H1T like that just loading up on A N OTHER currency, saying to himself "hey, I think I'll issue a statement saying sterling is dead". He chooses oil and financial services as the only two things we sell - natural resources being 1% of our economy, financial services being between 7 and 9% and says "hey - Uk oil is running out and financial services are done for - that's basically the whole country down the pan".

It's 10% of the country down the pan. And it's NOT happening now. Then, a bunch of idiotic traders take on the story, don't both with due diligence, and set up short trades in sterling. Next thing you know, 60 million people are confined to a tiny island in the North sea.

I feel like appearing on Singapore national TV telling everyone what a pathetic mistake he's made, moving his family abroad. Wait until China's growth rate hits zero, Mr. Rogers.

I can't stand a smug little $H1T like that just loading up on A N OTHER currency, saying to himself "hey, I think I'll issue a statement saying sterling is dead". He chooses oil and financial services as the only two things we sell - natural resources being 1% of our economy, financial services being between 7 and 9% and says "hey - Uk oil is running out and financial services are done for - that's basically the whole country down the pan".

It's 10% of the country down the pan. And it's NOT happening now. Then, a bunch of idiotic traders take on the story, don't both with due diligence, and set up short trades in sterling. Next thing you know, 60 million people are confined to a tiny island in the North sea.

I feel like appearing on Singapore national TV telling everyone what a pathetic mistake he's made, moving his family abroad. Wait until China's growth rate hits zero, Mr. Rogers.

Financial services only 7-9% of the economy? That would be 10% or so of the "services" listed in the CIA factbook - see thread below. Perhaps we have an extraordinarily busy set of comfort girls? Maybe we can export nail manicure services?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...t&p=1607031