House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nelly

Vendor Open To 'cheeky' Offers ! Try Your Luck

When my sister was selling her place, I wished she got an offer - any offer at any price - to show the true value of the house in today's market. This would then make it an easier decision whether to rent or sell, rather than chase the market down.

Maybe they are doing the same thing?

Never seen that before in a listing ever.

Just looking on rightmove at local houses and spotted this

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...01%26index%3D20

Do you think offering them the cement mixer I couldnt be arsed cleaning out is cheeky enough? :)

I think most people who are selling just want viewers and offers (whatever they are) so the seller and Estate Agent can get some idea of what the property WILL sell for. At the moment, nobody knows.

I think people are crazy if they don't seriously consider 'cheeky' offers and I think people are crazier if they expect the full asking price (like the one I recently put an offer in for!!)

House prices still have a long way to fall - offers should reflect this to a certain extent.

Define cheeky, cheeky to me would be sub £200,000 I'm pretty sure to them (given the price) they are trying to tempt people into offers around £250,000.

Define cheeky, cheeky to me would be sub £200,000 I'm pretty sure to them (given the price) they are trying to tempt people into offers around £250,000.

But 250 is only about 10% under asking price.

That is not cheeky, that is over generous, surely?*

*Come on, you have all seen Airplane.

But 250 is only about 10% under asking price.

That is not cheeky, that is over generous, surely?

Where is this town you call generous? And stop calling me Shirley.

VASTLY REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE, (ORIGINAL PRICE £329,950.)

offers in the region 280k , please offer , any offer , it's a nice house , please , please buy my house .........HELP

Very Fair.

This week, in my local paper, for the first time adverts have a "Make me an offer" tag on the house photo instead of the usual "New Price" or "reduced" that's usually there. The asking price is still included on the advert so you know what kind of figure they would like but its the first time I've seen an EA try something new like that, or have sellers willing to consider that kind of marketing I guess.

Problem is, also, it is recently built (even says so in the particulars), so you really do need to go around and lean/bang on a few walls, open and close the doors, jump up and down upstairs etc to see whether it has a longer life expectancy than a caravan or not....

Also, looks like a forced sale to me, so you really need to establish where their 'price floor' is.

Original price £330k in 2001!!

If thats right, bloody'ell, even on asking price

Looking at the LR site it seems that not all the properties sold from new in 2001.

Number 3 was first sold in 2004 for 337,000, No 1 has never been sold.

No 4 was originally sold in 2002 for 193,950 and re sold in 2007 for 405,000.

If you want to go for 2002 prices (which is my rule) 200K looks about right.

tim

First of all I said what cheeky offers mean Ive never seen that before

She said well it got your attention didnt it <---- said as though she has acheived something

So anyway whats the bottom line cos I cant be arsed messing about

Hang on...........................(pretends to ask someone).......bottom line is £260 000

I just LOLed .............. a lot.

She spluttered but it is a nice house!

Which it is, and its in a nice area but I just said not interested love bye :)

So cheeky is now officially 7%-ish off :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll probs get the misses to phone em tommorow they allready think they have come up with some marketing genious with the cheeky bit. They'll start adding it to every listing they got the f*ckin pricks

I have dealt with this bird before when we was looking and she was a proper kok then too

First of all I said what cheeky offers mean Ive never seen that before

She said well it got your attention didnt it <---- said as though she has acheived something

So anyway whats the bottom line cos I cant be arsed messing about

Hang on...........................(pretends to ask someone).......bottom line is £260 000

Which it is, and its in a nice area but I just said not interested love bye :)

So cheeky is now officially 7%-ish off :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll probs get the misses to phone em tommorow they allready think they have come up with some marketing genious with the cheeky bit. They'll start adding it to every listing they got the f*ckin pricks

I have dealt with this bird before when we was looking and she was a proper kok then too

Reality not quite set in yet then. They obviously do think they've mastered the book......

51ZS5ZMG1AL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Ony thing is, they need to master another now...

517X46CMXEL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Is there a reality for dummies???

Pretty much what I said, just as there is a massive gap between asking and potential sale price, there is one between what they think is cheeky and what everybody else does.

So now the asking price is down to £260k.

Nothing stopping you making a cheeky offer based on this figure.

£150k plus a quickie in the master bedroom sounds rather cheeky to me.

Surely the definitive 'cheeky' offer is where you call at the house personally; blag a cup of tea and some cake, give the woman a goosing, give the man a wink and a jocular whack in the ribs, crack a Frank Carson one-liner...

...then offer 75% off asking!

And use the toilet before going, leaving a substantial Richard in the pan, so they don't forget your call....