House Price Crash Forum
copydude

Europe's New Age Of Rebellion And Riot

New Age of Riot and Rebellion stalks Europe

Link

Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Greece . . .

At the least the media is finding it difficult to ignore. Today The Times writes:

Each flare-up touches on a separate aspect of the crisis. In Greece it was partly about the failure of the education system (as in 1968). In Vilnius it was over high taxes. In Iceland it is about massive debt. In Russia unrest in Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok was about dearer car import duties.

But there are common threads. Across Europe, protesters demand a change of government. Politicians in wealthier countries can try to prop up banks and industries, but it does not work in heavily indebted nations with bloated and exposed financial sectors.

And there is a shared shock that the good times have gone. The Greek psychology professor Fotini Tsalikoglou said of last month's outburst in Athens. “Many young people live with the unbearable knowledge that there is no future.”

Reading similar reports, I find the word 'shock' used repeatedly. Everyone was told that things were going so swimmingly well. That appears to underlie the anger directed at Governments.

So where is a good place to be to try and make it through teh next few years......................

Here in NZ seems pretty good but where else is a sensible option?

So where is a good place to be to try and make it through teh next few years......................

You wouldn't want to miss the action would you? You get to throw paint and yoghurt at MPs.

NZ seems ok at the moment, the recession is really dragging on though. I'm starting to think theres some very serious pain ahead. Houses (certainly in Auckland) are more overpriced than in much of the UK, a lot of people must have humongous mortgages.

But, at least we're self sufficient. Food, energy etc. Banks seem fairly stable so far too.

NZ has a massive current account deficit so you can expect your currency to become worthless soon. At least you're self-sufficient in lamb.

NZ has a massive current account deficit so you can expect your currency to become worthless soon. At least you're self-sufficient in lamb.

Yep and most of them are as attractive as the women :lol::lol::lol:

I haven't posted for quite a while due to a move to NZ in part to escape what appears may soon engulf much of Europe and the UK. Anyway settled in nicely, was able to buy a big 5 bed on an acre for £200k. Nice views, 5 minutes to surfing beach, ride on mower and broadband to keep up with the action back in the old country. So far its all worked out really well. NZ is remarkable for the open spaces and marked lack of something ...oh yes...people.

mmm,

Sharp contrast with a guy interviewed on 5 Live a few minutes ago.

Just lost his job.

"What are you going to do now?" the interviewer said.

"Emigrate".

"You can't build an economy on increasing land prices and debt."

Even managed to get in "grip of death" in relation to mortgages.

mmm,

Sharp contrast with a guy interviewed on 5 Live a few minutes ago.

Just lost his job.

"What are you going to do now?" the interviewer said.

"Emigrate".

"You can't build an economy on increasing land prices and debt."

Even managed to get in "grip of death" in relation to mortgages.

What a hero! I love it when unretarded members of the public slip through the net and truth sneaks into the media.

NZ is an ace place so STFU all you bashers.

Too many Asian immigrants and people with non-white complexions for your taste I would have thought. You could try taking some smallpox-ridden blankets to the locals, but they're probably more immune these days and they're big strong lads with short tempers....

All the white women look like the Captain Cookers as well, which might be a problem to you. All the pretty girls are Samoan, Asian, Maori or mixed.

It's alright. A good place to be right now if you haven't got debts and can afford a decent place with its own resources.

A life of boredom several hours flying time from everywhere else suddenly seems, well, quite attractive next to what's coming over here.

Assuming the Chinese don't take too close an interest in all that fertile land and clean ocean sometime in the next few years.

Yes but not quite as bad as ours......... :angry: Linky

ooooh XXXX_expat deathmatch! :ph34r:

Ahem.

Yes, sorry peeps not like me really. :o

Probably something to do with both my ex-wife and fiancée being mixed-race, I'm not terribly fond of the racist element on here. I'll go back to trying to ignore them.

We've got more than a pitch fork, we've got a hook as well.

I'll bring my wheel barrow so we can carry more hooks 'n shit

Or maybe a massive sandwich to share at half time.

Is cheese and pickle okay with everyone?