House Price Crash Forum

Barclays Screwed

heather5

HOLA441
HOLA442
Given that the media is driving this down-turn - the fact that robert says Barclays will go bust - will be taking my money out tomorrow - how many others will follow?

No-one you're the last - and already screwed.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Barclays are I think safe............and I don't have shares in them. However, never never forget they are now nearly as well connected as the Rothschilds, and they have survived through more tinfoily moments than those of recent times.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Given that the media is driving this down-turn - the fact that robert says Barclays will go bust - will be taking my money out tomorrow - how many others will follow?

Are there any facts in this statement?

"media is driving this down-turn" - umm no, massive quantities of debt are driving this down turn, until very recently the media was telling us it would all be OK.

"the fact robert says Barclays will go bust" - where did he says this? I can't see it on his blog..

However, I don't blame you for taking your money out.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Barclays are I think safe............and I don't have shares in them. However, never never forget they are now nearly as well connected as the Rothschilds, and they have survived through more tinfoily moments than those of recent times.

erm, what? :rolleyes:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I am not sure this isn't just mischief making.

No link provided.

I asked a question? so why do you want a link? I want to know if barclays (it could be any bank) go to the wall, are ALL monies guaranteed upto 50k or is this limited to personal or business.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
hasnt been possible to do online transfers at barclays today.

coincidence ?

wu decide.

Spot on I reckon. The last time we couldn't get payroll out of a Barclays acct online was also coincidentally the same day Bear Stearns went under.

Apparently the Arab investors have a clause to prevent govt taking on Barclays and wiping them out. This could all prove very interesting.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

In other times the Stasi would have tracked people down who make misleading statements like this and thrown them in jail or worse. Encouraging a bank run can be seen as sedition and has been punished in the past with a firing squad. Or a big bloke and a bit of cheese wire.

It cannot be long now till we return to such a time. Remember even on the internet you are not anonymous.

If Barclay's is a such poor bet then the shorters will go to work on it.

HOLA4424
Apparently the Arab investors have a clause to prevent govt taking on Barclays and wiping them out. This could all prove very interesting.

That would be very sensible on their part. They should have inisisted on something like this, whereby they get first refusal to buy out the rest at a knock down price if they need a bailout.

VMR.

HOLA4425
Spot on I reckon. The last time we couldn't get payroll out of a Barclays acct online was also coincidentally the same day Bear Stearns went under.

Is that a good clause? They could be on the hook now for tens or even hundreds of billions to cover the losses.

I wonder if the clause is worth the paper it's written on?

Archived