House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cht

Obama Does What Is Unthinkable For The Left

If it was federal senior employees I'd be really impressed - White House guys, not so much.

Freedom of info move looks good. But is he going to force the Fed's hand on informing the media about how it's distributing TARP funds?

If it was federal senior employees I'd be really impressed - White House guys, not so much.

Freedom of info move looks good. But is he going to force the Fed's hand on informing the media about how it's distributing TARP funds?

Like I said it's a start and quite positive so early into his administration.

Barak has done more good in ONE DAY than Bush done in two terms in office. If he really does follow through (and its a BIG HUGE HUMONGOUS IF) then when America is finished with him i want to make him British and get him over here.

Frozen Pay on his own staff.

Stop court marshals at Gitmo (May close it)

Stopped all Bush's midnight orders going through until his staff have looked over them.

Restricted the lobbyists .

Ordering federal agencies to make it easier for the public to get documents and information from the government.

Jesus Christ he is doing so well that he may well get assassinated.

Edited by sortofsilver

Barak has done more good in ONE DAY than Bush done in two terms in office. If he really does follow through (and its a BIG HUGE HUMONGOUS IF) then when America is finished with him i want to make him British and get him over here.

Stopped all Bush's midnight orders going through until his staff have looked over them.

Ordering federal agencies to make it easier for the public to get documents and information from the government.

Not funny, not funny at all.

One of the last ditch attempts by loony lawyers to try and stop his swearing in was that he IS British. When he was born in Hawaii in 1961, his father, because he was Kenyan and because it was prior to their independence, was 'technically' British, Kenya being a protectorate. It was all b****x really because he was born on US Soil, can't beat that. Although Hawaii only became a state in 1959 so it was close!

And apparently reversed George Bush's ban on funding for stem-cell research, which is pretty positive.

Not funny, not funny at all.

I am not joking. When you stop Lobbyists like Oil, Tobacco and utilites from giving gift (bribes) it pisses people off. Greater freedom of information will uncover dirty little secrets from the past that some people will want to keep quiet.

Sorry mate-TARP funds are in control of the Treasury (was Paulson now the New York Fed guy Tim whatshisname) not the FED. FED have other roles in the bailout but spending taxpayer money released directly from congress aint one. Now that would mean revolution.

Cameron needs to throw this back in Browns face next time Brown says Obama is doing what Brown has done at PMQ's

The Tories would be mad to want to take over Governing this mess of an economy!

The Tories would be mad to want to take over Governing this mess of an economy!

What they need is a massive majority and not to squander it. If they get a landslide, like Obama then they can think the unthinkable and revise benefits, etc.

One of the reason that Brown is running around like a headless Chicken with initative after initiative is precisely because he has only 12 months left get re elected. Cameron with 4 years could take all the hard decisons in 2 months piss off everybody on benefits and then when they realise they are better off working after 2 three years get reelected.

Just saw his speech. I wanna work for this guy. He isn't about tinkering, he is about actually getting rid of the practices that are wasteful. The first thing they could do is demolish the Prince 2 culture in councils. Get a slimmed down project management tool. Do what is needed. Stop jobs that involve 'building relationships' over heavy sighs about the burdens of the job rather than actual productive outcomes.

Just saw his speech. I wanna work for this guy. He isn't about tinkering, he is about actually getting rid of the practices that are wasteful. The first thing they could do is demolish the Prince 2 culture in councils. Get a slimmed down project management tool. Do what is needed. Stop jobs that involve 'building relationships' over heavy sighs about the burdens of the job rather than actual productive outcomes.

You can't tame a shark.

Obama: "Starting today, we will harness every man, woman and child in America to work in sweatshops to meet the demands of China"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle5562306.ece

Very funny. Just had a look on Obama's biggest fan, Comment is Free, to see if this capping of some public employees pay has been discussed.

Funnily enough it hasn't. Agree with previous posters that this is an open goal for the opposition to throw in Gordon's face.

Yes We Can!