House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke Skywalker

Parliamentary Democracy At Work?

The only "constitutional" way to get rid of Broon and ZanuLabour (I'm excluding armed insurrection for the moment) is for a vote in the House of Commons of 'No Confidence' in the Government of the day.

The Queen would then have to find someone <anyone> who could 'command a majority in the House of Commons' to form a new government.

That would either provoke a General Election, a Goverment of National Unity (like the Irish are thinking about) or a change in the ruling party's leadership.

Why hasn't the current Opposition pursued this course given the dire state of the Country? The duty of an Opposition is to oppose..... :blink:

Hint: Anyone who says that Blair's babes and the emasculation of the political parties' Candidate Lists for the sake of political correctness is excluded from comment!

<How Brownian is that?> :P

Why hasn't the current Opposition pursued this course ...

Because they don't want the embarrassment of losing the vote - which they certainly would. That would be even more embarrassing for them than what they had to put up with today at PMQ's when Flip-Flop Cameron showed what a total lightweight he is. In someone's words, he was 'out of his depth' - as usual. :lol:

p

Labour will go kicking and screaming to the wire. May 2010 I guess.

Gives them enough time to get everything out to Switzerland before the end !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will this remove the bankers from power?

I don't think so......

Guest theboltonfury
Because they don't want the embarrassment of losing the vote - which they certainly would. That would be even more embarrassing for them than what they had to put up with today at PMQ's when Flip-Flop Cameron showed what a total lightweight he is. In someone's words, he was 'out of his depth' - as usual. :lol:

p

I thought he did ok today at PMQ. Everytime he put a question McKock just read out some rubbish quotes from a poor government agency. That's far more flip-flop in my view

Because they don't want the embarrassment of losing the vote - which they certainly would.

Yes, the motion would be defeated because the PLP have no inegrity, no courage and no brains. When you think that people like broon, blears, hoon and prescott are the 'cream' of the labour party just think how cr@p the bog standard back bench fodder is.

Yes, the motion would be defeated because the PLP have no inegrity, no courage and no brains. When you think that people like broon, blears, hoon and prescott are the 'cream' of the labour party just think how cr@p the bog standard back bench fodder is.

Good point.

Hence my comment about the manipulation/selection of parliamentary candidates over the last 10 or so years.

My God!

A Home Secretary called Jacqui!! I bet she signs her letters with a little heart with a smile inside over the "i".

When the UK has a Chancellor of the Exchequer called 'Tracy' I really will top myself.

p

For the first time ever, you're right. :angry:

I feel sick :puke:

Good point.

Hence my comment about the manipulation/selection of parliamentary candidates over the last 10 or so years.

My God!

A Home Secretary called Jacqui!! I bet she signs her letters with a little heart with a smile inside over the "i".

When the UK has a Chancellor of the Exchequer called 'Tracy' I really will top myself.

We could have a Gary or Darren instead :)

My MP (Labour), David Winnick, is actually a decent bloke, but he is old Labour, not new.

The only "constitutional" way to get rid of Broon and ZanuLabour (I'm excluding armed insurrection for the moment) is for a vote in the House of Commons of 'No Confidence' in the Government of the day.

PatPrimer is right :blink: , the conservatives couldn't win this vote.

However, if things get much worse and the Labour back benchers start feeling under threat maybe we'll get calls for a change at the top again. Imagine Miliband running the country in its current state :lol: I'd rather see Cameron having a go. But then I'd rather see a dead monkey at the dispatch box than Brown & the current shower of shit.

PatPrimer is right :blink: , the conservatives couldn't win this vote.

Indeed he is, just this once.

But he's still a foul, sneering member of the NuLiebour political class, that cares about nothing but their own smart-ass snout-in-the-trough pseudo superiority, and has brought this nation to its knees.

I trust Tw@tprimer will be in the first batch to the gallows, along with the rest of the w@nkers who think they can spend our taxes without any accountability. And yes, I'll happily pull the lever to send him to hell.

Feel free to take a few more weeks off, TP, and stop making our blood boil with every smarmy post with which you defile this otherwise knowledgeable and entertaining site. :angry: :angry:

B

Indeed he is, just this once.

But he's still a foul, sneering member of the NuLiebour political class, that cares about nothing but their own smart-ass snout-in-the-trough pseudo superiority, and has brought this nation to its knees.

I trust Tw@tprimer will be in the first batch to the gallows, along with the rest of the w@nkers who think they can spend our taxes without any accountability. And yes, I'll happily pull the lever to send him to hell.

Feel free to take a few more weeks off, TP, and stop making our blood boil with every smarmy post with which you defile this otherwise knowledgeable and entertaining site. :angry: :angry:

B

Nah, it's knuts like him who serve to remind voters just what they're getting rid of at the next GE.

Keep posting pr1ckprimer. :lol:

I thought he did ok today at PMQ. Everytime he put a question McKock just read out some rubbish quotes from a poor government agency. That's far more flip-flop in my view

Perhaps you don't realise but 'Flip-flop' refers to certain politicians' habit of regularly changing their policies to the very opposite of their previously stated ones. For example:

We Tories believe in Grammar Schools - One day, YES; next day, NO!

We Tories will stick to Labour's planned spending plans - One day, YES; next day, NO!

We Tories will cut taxes - One day, YES; next day, NO!

We Tories are Eurosceptic One day, YES; next day, NO! Clark Attacks Tories on Europe

We Tories support the government's policies on saving the banks - 3 months ago, YES; today, NO!

THAT is Flip flopping, Cameron style!

p

B

Not just 'this nation', surely! They must be responsible for the whole global downturn, aren't they? Didn't Gordon Brown, personally, bring this depression onto the heads of all the 200 nations of the world? Cretin!

p

to the wire ....too many zanu are going to get nailed like Portillo in the headlights ..I think more than a few will just leave and not contest due to the ignominy

..so they need to max out the expenses and pension pot for as long as they can stretch it

Perhaps you don't realise but 'Flip-flop' refers to certain politicians' habit of regularly changing their policies to the very opposite of their previously stated ones. For example:

Declaring that Labour MP's should be able to hide their expenses from the FOI act in the morning and then reversing that decision in the afternoon when he realised the Conservatives and LDs wanted transparency in MPs expenses.

THAT is Flip flopping, Brown style!

p

I've helped you out there.

You may be sc*m but there's still hope you may turn in to a decent person who recognises the damage ZL has done to this country over the last 12 years.

Not just 'this nation', surely! They must be responsible for the whole global downturn, aren't they? Didn't Gordon Brown, personally, bring this depression onto the heads of all the 200 nations of the world? Cretin!

p

As usual, you overestimate the influence of you and your tossy friends a thousand times over....

You and yours are non-productive, trough-swilling, self-obsessed c**ts who bleed everyone else dry, while thinking you're so f**king clever. I was in the same class as Dave Baddiel at school, so I know what that looks and smells like!!!!

So why don't you take the chance not to be a c**t all your life, and pi$ off and do something useful elsewhere?

Oh - of course. You can't. Never mind; your type is going to be first up against the wall when the sheeple wake up, and I'll be happy to either hold your personal belongings or pull a trigger.

In amongst all your sneering, I think you're missing just how F***ING ANGRY the people of this nation are starting to be.

B

As usual, you overestimate the influence of you and your tossy friends a thousand times over....

You and yours are non-productive, trough-swilling, self-obsessed c**ts who bleed everyone else dry, while thinking you're so f**king clever. I was in the same class as Dave Baddiel at school, so I know what that looks and smells like!!!!

So why don't you take the chance not to be a c**t all your life, and pi$ off and do something useful elsewhere?

Oh - of course. You can't. Never mind; your type is going to be first up against the wall when the sheeple wake up, and I'll be happy to either hold your personal belongings or pull a trigger.

In amongst all your sneering, I think you're missing just how F***ING ANGRY the people of this nation are starting to be.

B

Dear, dear me! What a cross little person! I can picture you now, stamping your little feet being 'ever so cross' with your skirt waving about!

How long have you suffered anger from being such an un-clever person compared to David Badiel and most others? Bet you're anti-semitic, as well! There's treatment for it, you know. You may not be completely cured but you can vastly improve on your sad, envious and pathetic life. Best of luck.

p