House Price Crash Forum
housespider

Are The Ea's On To Us & Property Bee?

Hello

Just an observation and wondered if anyone else has picked up on it.

There are a couple of properties in 2 different towns and with 2 different EA's whose prices have been reduced (twice to my knowledge) and yet each time the price has changed the EA's seem to have re-listed them rather than amend the existing listing therefore the price reduction does not show up on property bee.

Crafty or what?

You might be guilty of over stressing the relevance of this site/propertyb to the majority of ea's. To my mind most estate agents would want the world to know about price drops, this is why we advertise 'new price' reduced etc in the press, and why you might now see more of the 'was £100000' on a price at 80k. Believe it or not we are actively pursuing price drops!

Edited by yourfriendlyestateagent

You might be guilty of over stressing the relevance of this site/propertyb to the majority of ea's. To my mind most estate agents would want the world to know about price drops, this is why we advertise 'new price' reduced etc in the press, and why you might now see more of the 'was £100000' on a price at 80k. Believe it or not we are actively pursuing price drops!

Rightmove threatened the lad who made propertysnake with legal action though.

They claimed it was about useing copyrighted pictures but we know what they were doing it for

Rightmove threatened the lad who made propertysnake with legal action though.

They claimed it was about useing copyrighted pictures but we know what they were doing it for

I wont dispute your suggestion but I'm more inclined to think they had to uphold their principle of not allowing people to use their data, (remember tesco and oneproperty) and of course flex their big muscles. Remember they didnt ask ea's about this, and they're not ea's.

hi there

i noticed that an EA removed all there properties in milton keynes and relisted them the same day, i dont think its to fool the bee i think its because once you re-list the properties if anyone has a email subscription set up rightmove will email you saying a new property has been listen in your chosen area.

its a trick to generate more clicks so they can lie about more interest than noraml

I wont dispute your suggestion but I'm more inclined to think they had to uphold their principle of not allowing people to use their data, (remember tesco and oneproperty) and of course flex their big muscles. Remember they didnt ask ea's about this, and they're not ea's.

I wont dispute you not disputing me

drumroll.........BUT

they are EAs really arnt they. they work for EAs touting EA stuff and make money out of EA-ness.

In the imortal words of Yoda

Kunting EA scum they are :)

I wont dispute you not disputing me

drumroll.........BUT

they are EAs really arnt they. they work for EAs touting EA stuff and make money out of EA-ness.

In the imortal words of Yoda

Kunting EA scum they are :)

With their market dominance and subsequent hyper inflationary prices they are more the enemy of most ea's.

Most would like to be rid of them, but they have created a beast that cannot be tamed.

hi there

i noticed that an EA removed all there properties in milton keynes and relisted them the same day, i dont think its to fool the bee i think its because once you re-list the properties if anyone has a email subscription set up rightmove will email you saying a new property has been listen in your chosen area.

its a trick to generate more clicks so they can lie about more interest than noraml

One of my local EA's has done this and I agree, I think it's to get auto generated emails sent, rather clever for an EA if you ask me.

Although saying that not really 'cos if they plonk in your inbox you have a quick look, say overpriced delete.

It is one of the overpricer white sock brigade that's doing it.