House Price Crash Forum

Outraged :: Northern Rock Staff Get 10% Bonus!

mdj101

HOLA441

So, incentivised to repossess.

Now the Govt is changing the game, indicating it doesn't want to shrink the book, but grow it. I'm guessing that means they will be obliged to pay the outstanding 2010+ bonuses on previously set targets to shrink the book now that they have moved the goal posts.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Oh. So am I the only one who isn't outraged by this?

No.

I would think that at the time, the PTB thought that staff would leave NR in droves.

This was merely a sweetener to keep them on.

I wonder what the average wage of a NR employee is 15k? 20k?

These are more likely admin "grunts".

HOLA443

It's as if they can't help themselves... they have no idea as to how contemptible and outrageous this is - a 10% bonus!

There is an attitude that prevails: if we can get away with it, stuff them.

These buggers are lucky to be in a job, let alone getting such big bonuses.

Northern Rock should have been allowed to fail. But no, political expediency put paid to that and the mega meddling took hold: this is a country where sadly failure is rewarded, and the prudent and sensible get hammered.

HOLA444

For once I can take direction action.

Tomorrow I am going to phone up my local NR branch and arrange to withdraw a awkward large sum in cash, then I am going to drain the remainder of my deposit account as cheques made payable to another decent retail bank. Any suggestions folks. :angry:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest sillybear2
So, incentivised to repossess.

Now the Govt is changing the game, indicating it doesn't want to shrink the book, but grow it. I'm guessing that means they will be obliged to pay the outstanding 2010+ bonuses on previously set targets to shrink the book now that they have moved the goal posts.

Got it in one, this year will consist of staff phoning up all the old customers they got rid off with special "welcome back, we love you really" deals in order to regrow their loan book back to previous levels. If they do this well it's bonus time, again!

HOLA449
For once I can take direction action.

Tomorrow I am going to phone up my local NR branch and arrange to withdraw a awkward large sum in cash, then I am going to drain the remainder of my deposit account as cheques made payable to another decent retail bank. Any suggestions folks. :angry:

HSBC, Nationwide.

Anything else is looking a bit iffy at the moment.

HOLA4410

I saw something yesterday on BBC about RBS/Natwest staff getting an 11% "cost of living" pay rise this year. Of course, with the pound completely f***ked and the BoE manning the printing presses, an 11% pay rise probably won't be enough.

We are collectively being taken for ride. The banks can now lend what they like to whom they like, not worry about getting the money repaid, and can pay themselves as much as they want for the service. Gordon Brown said in February "I will do anything to get house prices moving again", and I fear he meant it........he will totally ruin the country in order to maintain an illusion of us being a nation of "equity holders" rather than debtors.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

This was necessary to stop the employees moving to another of the banks that have been recruiting heavily over the last 10%. Imagine the shambles NR would be without the staff that drove the buisiness forward over the last few years?

Now, where's that sarcasm emoticon......?

HOLA4413

Oh my bonus was reduced to a pittance this year as a result of a big client who rather publicly went into admin over Xmas, despite working my nuts off, no days off sick, working a few Saturdays and generally working 10hrs a week etc. whilst getting great profitability from my retail clients.

This must be a sick joke? Anyone got email addresses for Northern Rock and then also any one else I can flex my ire at?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
It's just been announced that Northern Rock Staff will get a 10% Pay Bonus this Friday.

I CANNOT F***ING BELIEVE THIS!

I had to forfeit my bonus this year and have seen friends and colleagues have to take pay cuts and redundancy.

Whilst a company that I now part own is giving their staff 10% bonuses!

I have not been so OUTRAGED in a long long time. This F***ING W***ER Brown needs to go and go NOW!

I want heads to roll for this!

Just about to call my MP!

If anything this extra should go into repaying us Taxpayers!

Heck. Why don't New Labour just post dogshit through our letter boxes and be done with it?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Taxpayer will also pay the generous pensions schemes.

Browns plan is to sell NR when they are profitable, can't wait.

And I wonder how much of the profit (the taxpayer) will get when its sold?

Clue.... 0, zilch, nothing. It will all go to the government (along with our increased tax bill) and Northern Rock.

Absolutely disgusting. I can't understand why there isn't a revolution myself. it surely can't be far away now.

I had wondered whether it is possible to persue legal action for theft here, where bonuses are taken - its surely theft of tax payers money.

Either way I just can't believe the amount of corruption this f**king party seem to be getting away with.

HOLA4425