House Price Crash Forum
mdj101

Outraged :: Northern Rock Staff Get 10% Bonus!

It's just been announced that Northern Rock Staff will get a 10% Pay Bonus this Friday.

I CANNOT F***ING BELIEVE THIS!

I had to forfeit my bonus this year and have seen friends and colleagues have to take pay cuts and redundancy.

Whilst a company that I now part own is giving their staff 10% bonuses!

I have not been so OUTRAGED in a long long time. This F***ING W***ER Brown needs to go and go NOW!

I want heads to roll for this!

Just about to call my MP!

If anything this extra should go into repaying us Taxpayers!

Edited by mdj101

It's just been announced that Northern Rock Staff will get a 10% Pay Bonus this Friday.

I had to forfeit my bonus this year and have seen friends and colleagues have to take pay cuts and redundancy.

I have not been so OUTRAGED in a long long time. This F***ING W***ER Brown needs to go and go NOW!

WTF?

Working for the state not private anymore, what do you expect.

People have to put their money in for safety so what have they done to deserve it?

perhaps savers will partake of the bonus too.

Linky please???

Citywire: Northern Rock staff set for bonuses on Friday

Staff at Northern Rock are set for a 10% bonus on Friday after the government-run bank met its final targets.

The Rock had controversially announced at the end of last year that if a quarter of the taxpayer loan was repaid by 31 December, the bank's staff will receive 10% of their salary, with a further 10% bonus payable if that proportion rises to three-quarters by the end of 2009.

As long as the public loan is paid back in full by the end of 2010 staff will get another 15% of their salary, while staff may get a further 25% bonus if and when the company is returned to private ownership.

Taxpayer will also pay the generous pensions schemes.

Browns plan is to sell NR when they are profitable, can't wait.

That is unbelievable. Truly unbelievable.

Jobs being lost left right and centre, yet the bailed out banks' staff are getting pay rises?! You couldn't make it up!

:angry:

Guest sillybear2

Their main target was running down their loan book, something Darling has told them to reverse. Next year they'll get bonuses for doing the exact opposite.

so they collect money in and pay off the loans.

then they get a bonus.

that does require a certain level of skill not available from ordinary workers. Money in, money out. definately requires reward.

Only 10%!?! That is an outrage. Calls itself a bank?

We need to make sure that 90% of the country hears about this, everyone I have told / spoken to no matter what their political views is absolutely outraged that this can happen.

Think that's bad...

on my exisiting BTL mortgage with them which came off fixed late last year after five years,

it is now 3.25 % ....

We need to make sure that 90% of the country hears about this, everyone I have told / spoken to no matter what their political views is absolutely outraged that this can happen.

Just been on a few football website there is absolute outrage from people who usually dont give a hoot about politics this may be the catalyst to street action.