House Price Crash Forum

Going On Questiontime Tomorrow

D179

HOLA441

I'am in the audiance tomw night, just had a call from the BBC...

I had to email them a possible question so this was it.

"With record low Mortgage lending, falling house prices, rising

unemployment, how can Margaret Bekkett justify talking of an upturn in the

housing market, are ministers out of touch?"

Gotta come up with another one to take along tomorrow night. Any thoughts ??

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Go pre-armed with some of Gordon's quotes, real them off and then ask why anyone should trust a word he utters.......

Like the "2.5% drop in house prices is containable" (April '08)

"No more boom and bust"

"Won't let housing market get out of control"

etc etc etc.....

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Go pre-armed with some of Gordon's quotes, real them off and then ask why anyone should trust a word he utters.......

Like the "2.5% drop in house prices is containable" (April '08)

"No more boom and bust"

"Won't let housing market get out of control"

etc etc etc.....

2nd that. I would phrase it:

In light of Gordon Brown's "No more boom and bust" and "I won't let the housing market get out of control" statements, why should we have any confidence he can successfully guide the country through this crisis.

HOLA447

In light of Gordon Brown's "No more boom and bust" and "I won't let the housing market get out of control" statements, why should we have any confidence he can successfully guide the country through this crisis.

ohh i like that

HOLA448
I'am in the audiance tomw night, just had a call from the BBC...

I had to email them a possible question so this was it.

"With record low Mortgage lending, falling house prices, rising

unemployment, how can Margaret Bekkett justify talking of an upturn in the

housing market, are ministers out of touch?"

Gotta come up with another one to take along tomorrow night. Any thoughts ??

Yes, ask her roughly how much would she like house prices to go up by?

Oh yes, and ask her how much will they'll have to print to achieve those rises?

HOLA449

"Will the Captain be going down with his ship, or thrown in the brig after an officer's mutiny?!

HOLA4410

On Monday in the house of commons in response to a question about why we needed a second bank bailout so soon after the last one Darling told the house of commons that the government had done no due dilligence before investing £37 (or38?) billion in the banks.

How can we have any confidence in a government so incompetant and reckless as to invest £37 billion with no due dilligence?

Further background note:

He explained that there were two reasons for this, that they did not have the authority or right to do due dilligence and that they did not have time. This explanation is nonsence, if you are investing that sort of money then you set the terms and you stipulate that you will be doing due dilligence. They had plenty of time, there were several months between making the announcement and the actual cash being invested.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Who is on the panel?

Caroline Flint - Labour Minister for Europe (prev housing minister)

liam Fox - Shadow SOS

david laws - lib dem, children, social and families

Sir Christoher Meyer - Chairman of Press Commision

janet Daley - Telegraph

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Great post but if it is that hostile to the Great Leader there is no chance of it being picked by the BBC, I would have thought.

HOLA4415
Who is on the panel?

The usual suspects:

The panel will include Minister for Europe Caroline Flint, shadow defence secretary Liam Fox, Liberal Democrat spokesman on children, schools and families David Laws, former British ambassador to Washington Sir Christopher Meyer, and Daily Telegraph columnist Janet Daley.

And it's from Crawley! Hang on to your handbags, ladies!

HOLA4416
Great post but if it is that hostile to the Great Leader there is no chance of it being picked by the BBC, I would have thought.

yeah that is kinda what i was thinking when I put the original question together, wanted something that may actually get some airtime.

HOLA4417

I would go on the lines of .......

I have a friend who has taken out a loan, and can't repay it. He has now gone an taken out other loans to help with the first loan. He is over his head. What do you suggest?

Then let her waffle about paying down debt, not over streching themselves, prudence, look to the future etc.

Then ell her your mates name is Gordon Brown.

HOLA4418

Gordon Brown states that America has follwed his bank bailout plan. In America the elected representatives had a discussion and vote on the TARP to ensure that the peoples views were heard. Why is Gordon Brown allowed to spend 500 billion of Taxpayers money over a meeting with a few bankers and this not be debated and voted on in the house of commons?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Why hasnt the government acted sooner to force banks to fully reveal the state of their books prior to commiting 100's of billions of pounds to prop them up?

Does the government appreciate its current course will eventually lead to a bond market dislocation/collapse of currency/failure to roll-over sovereign debt (however you want to phrase it).

Does the government have a target in the devaluation of the pound or does it not matter how low sterling goes?

Does the government understand that unsustainable lending has powered economic growth over the last decade and therefore efforts to prevent the contraction to a size not reliant on unsustainable levels of lending is impossible?

HOLA4422
Gordon Brown states that America has follwed his bank bailout plan. In America the elected representatives had a discussion and vote on the TARP to ensure that the peoples views were heard. Why is Gordon Brown allowed to spend 500 billion of Taxpayers money over a meeting with a few bankers and this not be debated and voted on in the house of commons?

yeah i think there will be loads of question along this line, so I wanted to rear up the house price issue so i may get more of a chance of asking it.

HOLA4423

What is the difference between Gordon's quantitative easing and Nationalisation programme and Mugabe's Money Printing and Asset Grabs?

Add this when you say it but don't submit it: apart from the UK being a western Government and only condoning legalised corruption... oh and aim the Question at caroline, she will be shaking with anger :P

Edited by moosetea

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

How about something along the lines of...

"If I was to lend you a gun, could you please shoot Gordon Brown when you next see him and put us all out of our misery?"

or

"Have any of you C*nts got a clue what you are doing? If not, f*ck off before you do any more damage."

or

"No more Boom or Bust. Discuss"