House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
workingnomad

House Prices To Start Heading North

I believe we are going to start seeing prices shift upwards as there are too many factors at play here...

- Demand has been pent up for a while now, lots of FTBs have deposits, cash saved and are gearing themselves to move into the market at any cost

- No decent alternative for investing money, people to start investing in BTLs etc

- Weak £ will mean foreign interest in UK property to accelerate

- Low interest rates, heading lower

- Govt to make Banks lend again according to recent announcements, reforms

- Still lack of supply, lack of land - this will always be an issue in England

- Demographics, more people living alone, more households

- Steady population increase, increased immigration

You only have to look around the media for lots of stories of green shoots etc. They cannot all be lies! There must be something in the reports.

I believe we are going to start seeing prices shift upwards as there are too many factors at play here...

- Demand has been pent up for a while now, lots of FTBs have deposits, cash saved and are gearing themselves to move into the market at any cost

- No decent alternative for investing money, people to start investing in BTLs etc

- Weak £ will mean foreign interest in UK property to accelerate- Low interest rates, heading lower

You only have to look around the media for lots of stories of green shoots etc. They cannot all be lies! There must be something in the reports.

I do admire your trolling brass, but fwiw, I plan on doing the bolded (family over there). But not for two years or so, and there are plenty of 'ifs' to come before that.

This isn't going to end well for you old chap :lol:

lots of FTBs have deposits

How many is lots? Untill very recently 100% mortgages were being given away in cereal packets- I just don't see how many FTB will have the kinds of deposits needed to buy at present.

As with everything the answer is 'it depends'.

And in the case of housing, it depends on people being able to earn money. This is currently being eroded via inflation and job losses.

Unless of course we start offing NINJA loans :o

- Demand has been pent up for a while now, lots of FTBs have deposits, cash saved and are gearing themselves to move into the market at any cost - where do they get the 40% deposits from?

- No decent alternative for investing money, people to start investing in BTLs etc - Yes a brilliant investment when your equity is projected to tank anywhere between 15 and 20% over this year.

- Weak £ will mean foreign interest in UK property to accelerate possibly but see the point above.

- Govt to make Banks lend again according to recent announcements, reforms and the banks have taken notice of all the previous calls haven't they?

- Still lack of supply, lack of land - this will always be an issue in England there is no lack of supply look at all the city centre apartments built over the last year that the developers can't shift, what there is is a lack of affordable homes

- Demographics, more people living alone, more households still not seeing those young singles snapping up the previously mentioned city centre flats though are we?

- Steady population increase, increased immigration ROFL you wait and see what happens to immigration over the next couple of years as our economy goes down the drain, the Poles are leaving in droves already

Where are all these cash buyer, FTbs with savings etc etc. Our savings ration is below 1%, we have virtually no saving in this country anymore.

Did you not watch the news when NR had a run, who were the people in the queue's for their money? They were all old people. Why? Only old people in the uk have savings, and their not FTB's!

There are actually lots of companies starting to look really cheap, also corporate bonds with average returns of 8%, you would be mad to invest in BTL now, unless you got a really good price (eg 50% plus off from peak).

Foreigners do not want to invest in the UK, they will be pulling out. Why? Becuase they are being squeezed themselves and because UK is now seen as a basket case.

Fill your boots; get in first; don't waste time on this forum when you could be hoovering up whole streets!

+1

You'd be MAD NOT to buy at these prices - do you want to buy my house?

2 /10 - must try harder

I can't see any negatives. Incomes are rising rapidly, employment is growing, foreigners love sterling assets, interest rates and inflation will stay low but the economy will be booming. First time ever, we never had it so good. How could I have not noticed sooner.

I may have to upload a video some day soon of a whole estate of houses not far from me that is practically totally vacant with a sea of for sale boards outside almost every home.

if people do start buying though, they won't be empty for long.

things might pick up, but I can't see house prices rising. Things may show improvement at end of year, but expect falling prices until then.

Lower offers and FTB's refusing asking prices will push prices down more if anything, even if demand picks up. Those people who bought their house years ago and are nowhere near negative equity will finally wise up, will give in and sell their house at normal prices again which will allow these FTB's to get properly priced houses. This will then bring all housing back into line again at lower non-extortionate valuations.

Edited by w_n_s

Troll alert and I only wrote that to make my 600th post :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Soul Reaver

You need to see a Doctor!

- People are losing there jobs and it's only just getting started.

- Sheeple don't have the cash.

- Banks don't have the liquidity.

- Banks won't lend anyways as they know they're [house values] about to fall off a cliff.

- The average price of a house is still 7x the average salary.

- We're going into a depression according to most sane leading authorities.

- Credit Cards are max'd out and can't afford to be repaid.

- Houses just aren't "worth" [£] whats being asked for them.

- Sterling is in rapid decline.

- Interest rates on savings are almost zero which means savings on any deposits towards buying a house are 'disappearing' anyway.

- The 'fukcwit generation' have no money as FTB's anyway, and are too lazy to work towards a 'healthy deposit'.

- Nationwide and Halifax themselves, are stating on the record, that houses are declining by approx.2% per month.

- The Middle East could blow up at any time plunging the world into the longest economic depression ever.

I've missed lots more but I don't have the time to educate you; I also know that sheeple like yourself don't listen anyway.

And you think house prices are going to go up? ..... don't be silly, see a Doctor and lie down, you'll feel better after a rest.

You are severely deluded if you believe house prices will start to shoot up again soon. Unemployment is snowballing and the recession will have turned into a full blown depression by the end of this year if job losses continue to accelerate at the frightening pace we are seeing now. Sentiment has changed amongst most people now. People are up to their eyeballs in debt and do not want to take on any more. There is no "pent up demand".

£700,000,000 funding gap.

Rising unemployment.

But fill your boots anyway. You will be a multi-millionaire before you can say Bentley Continental.

You are Caroline Flint and I claim my free BJ... :o

There is only a fragment of credibility in your postition, and it is not due to any of the positive influences which you cite.

There may indeed be a flight to property for those with liquid assets, as they seek a refuge from the growing thread of wealth destruction, abandoning institutional investments and exposure to global turbulence. It does not mean this is a great time to buy property, but rather that it may be the LEAST WORST option right now.

Remember the bit in 'Titanic' when the pumps started working, and she rose in the water. No, neither do I.

:blink::blink::blink:

You are Matt Stevens and you have just scored?

Man stay off those drugs. You have lost touch with reality. :(

Yes, they are all lies. Only a really stupid person would believe them. Do your own research.

FTBs do not have the 25% deposits they need saved up, or even many with 10% (which would get youa 5% rate). Wrong

Where is all this mythical money people want to invest? Unemployment is skyrocketing, debt to pay down is at all time highs. Wrong.

If you buy an asset in £, you lose money in £ from the falling price of the asset, and even if the asset price in £ stabilises, you lose in your original foreign currency terms if the £ weakens, so why would foreigners invest here now? Wrong.

Low BoE rates doesn't necessarily mean low mortgage rates, but more importantly there's not enough lending anyway, irresepctive of what the govt says. Wrong.

Have you ever been in a plane? Looks out of the window, it's mostly green fields :roll: wrong

Actually more people sharing now, cos it's so expensive. Wrong.

Population increase? I doubt it. Immigration will fall if we are a basket case economy, and fertility rate is ~1.6. Wrong.

WRONG. :rolleyes:

But you knew that...

Edited by the primitive