House Price Crash Forum
brianjamesos

Hyperinflation Coming In The Usa..

Teaser

Could Obama be remembered as the man who presided over the greatest hyperinflation the world has ever see? At the moment, with unemployment rising, companies going to the wall and prices falling everywhere, the mention of hyperinflation seems ridiculous, that is until you examine what the new president wants to do.

Obama plans to spend a phenomenal amount of money to re-boot the US economy. How does he plan to finance this spending? Where does he think he’ll get the money? What will the US’s latest splurge do to the trust the world has placed, up to now, in the dollar and American assets in general?

Full Article: (and a cartoon to lighten the mood...)

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2009/01/21/n...rightening-debt

So, will the Chinese say no? This is the first time I've seen gold in the IRish mainstream, Jill Kirby aside. I'm a little shocked at his stance, this guy has a serious banking background.

Can somebody advise me on the following....

obviously all countries/currencies are screwed - I'm just trying to find the least screwed one. I really dont know a thing about other currencies, so I'm limiting myself to £,$ and Euro.

Euro lands dont seem to have had the ridiculous levels of HPI and debt that we (& USA) have. I appretiate they have other problems like the export market, but USA & UK have those too right? So it seems to me the Euro might fare better than the others for this reason alone. The only thing I can see in favour of the $ is its reserve curreny status. I dont really understand how much weight this carries.

I cant see anything in favour of the £

So I'm thinking of buying lots of euros - I know PIGS are a worry, but again, I dont think they were all HPI crazy.

Am I missing something?

Can somebody advise me on the following....

obviously all countries/currencies are screwed - I'm just trying to find the least screwed one. I really dont know a thing about other currencies, so I'm limiting myself to £,$ and Euro.

Euro lands dont seem to have had the ridiculous levels of HPI and debt that we (& USA) have. I appretiate they have other problems like the export market, but USA & UK have those too right? So it seems to me the Euro might fare better than the others for this reason alone. The only thing I can see in favour of the $ is its reserve curreny status. I dont really understand how much weight this carries.

I cant see anything in favour of the £

So I'm thinking of buying lots of euros - I know PIGS are a worry, but again, I dont think they were all HPI crazy.

Am I missing something?

Buy a flat in Germany, get agent to manage it, rents are pretty much guaranteed and INFLATION LINKED. Probably the best you will get at the mo.

20 years from now we will be watching BBC documentaries where the various politicians, bw ankers and economists in the UK, the US, the BOE, the Fed, will be sat down talking openly about the plans from 2008 to 2012 between the US and the UK to reaffirm US/UK global financial power.

I have no doubt that such meetings have and are going on now.

Some of the Europeans will be invited on board but if they hesitate then they will be side-lined. So I expect to see the likes of Spain and Italy and Eire get involved but the Germans to be the Germans and for the Yanks to quickly get frustrated with them.

This is economic war now people. The US will fight to win it no less than they would fight a military war.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

20 years from now we will be watching BBC documentaries where the various politicians, bw ankers and economists in the UK, the US, the BOE, the Fed, will be sat down talking openly about the plans from 2008 to 2012 between the US and the UK to reaffirm US/UK global financial power.

I have no doubt that such meetings have and are going on now.

Some of the Europeans will be invited on board but if they hesitate then they will be side-lined. So I expect to see the likes of Spain and Italy and ire gt involved but the Germans to be the Germans and for the Yanks to quickly get frustrated with them.

This is economic war now people. The US will fight to win it no less than they would fight a military war.

This is 100% Correct guaranteed ;)

Guest sillybear2

Ha, you assume they know what's going on, or even know what went wrong in the first place, at the moment they're lurching from one crisis to another like an exhausted fireman chasing after a pyromaniac. Look at Darling, he only realised things were bad after he read about the ECB liquidity injections last summer, most officials truly believe "everything was just fine until it broke" and if we could just get back to where we were everything would be fine again, not realsing what lead up to this mess to begin with. It's like an out of control car heading towards a wood at 100mph, everyone on here knew the inevitable outcome, but according to our masters everything would have been just fine if that pesky tree hadn't got in the way!

Edited by sillybear2

Ha, you assume they know what's going on, or even what went wrong in the first place, at the moment they're lurching from one crisis to another like an exhausted fireman chasing after a pyromaniac. Look at Darling, he only realised things were bad after he read about the ECB liquidity injections last summer, most officials truly believe "everything was just fine until it broke" and if we could just get back to where we were everything would be fine again, not realsing what lead up to this mess to begin with. It's like an out of control car heading towards a wood at 100mph, everyone on here knew the inevitable outcome, but according to our masters everything would have been just fine if that pesky tree hadn't got in the way!

Oh, I am not saying they know what they are doing... just that they will now be having plotting meetings. The aim being to reassert US/UK financial dominance. The French will probably come along as Sarkozy likes the Yanks and the other EU countries I mentioned. The Japanese will be kept informed.

Guest sillybear2
Oh, I am not saying they know what they are doing... just that they will now be having plotting meetings. The aim being to reassert US/UK financial dominance. The French will probably come along as Sarkozy likes the Yanks and the other EU countries I mentioned. The Japanese will be kept informed.

Me thinks they've run out of scams this time, they've destroyed our industrial base and replaced it with an economy based on a debt fueled ponzi scheme and consumption of imported goods. Our natural resources such as oil and gas are heavily depleted too.

I can't see where they can go from here.