House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest UK Debt Slave

Breaking - Gordon Brown Today Performed A Swift U-turn Over Government Plans To Block The Publication Of Mps Expenses.

Guest mattsta1964

So what now

Looks like all the expense claims made by politicians are going to be made public after all

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle5559704.ece

Gotta be another nail in the coffin for ZaNuFascist

The plan, first proposed last week by Harriet Harman, the leader of the Commons, would have blocked the publication of all the receipts submitted for MPs for claims under the £22,000 second home allowance. Over a million pieces of paper had been scanned in ready for publication.

Ms Harman suggested that this would be replaced with a spreadsheet with spending under 26 different categories, compared to the 13 which are published at the moment.

This prompted speculation that Labour MPs and even members of the government face huge embarrassment when the receipts are published.

Many fear that lavish spending at the expense of the taxpayer would look terrible during a recession.

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by mattsta1964

Who from?

p

Not you I'm guessing :lol:

Lords to the rescue... AGAIN!

Perhaps Gordenron was advised that this could be the straw that broke the camels back and could lead to protests.

Edited by redalert

So what now

Looks like all the expense claims made by politicians are going to be made public after all

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle5559704.ece

Gotta be another nail in the coffin for ZaNuFascist

:lol::lol::lol:

With Brown continually nailing his own coffin shut, you can hardly blame Cameron for just standing back and watching. Would you bother getting into a fight if the person you were fighting was hitting himself?

Guest mattsta1964
With Brown continually nailing his own coffin shut, you can hardly blame Cameron for just standing back and watching. Would you bother getting into a fight if the person you were fighting was hitting himself?

I like the image of Gordon brown punching himself in the head. Excellent!

I WILL STAY IN POWER - SLAP

Like that cartoon avatar someone had on HPC where he beats his head into desk until it's just a bloody pulp.

Sky just announced that Pay As You Throw bin scheme hasn't been taken up by a single council.

Not even on a trial basis.

1. Thank christ.

2. More people giving GBH the finger.

NB Did you know that if you successfully defend a falsely issued speeding ticket, there is talk that you will still have to pay your legal costs.

This is where Brown excels himself, pickpocketing EVERYBODY.

Edited by shindigger

Guest mattsta1964
Sky just announced that Pay As You Throw bin scheme hasn't been taken up by a single council.

1. Thank christ.

NB Did you know that if you successfully defend a falsely issued speeding ticket, you will still have to pay your legal costs.

Snuck that through eh Gord?

Yeah. I read that too

I think the councils know they will face some serious trouble if they try to milk anymore money out of people.

Not you I'm guessing :lol:

Lords to the rescue... AGAIN!

Perhaps Gordenron was advised that this could be the straw that broke the camels back and could lead to protests.

We should have a 'hug a lord' day :)

Except for the nasty ones with that see green shoots everywhere...

1. Thank christ.

NB Did you know that if you successfully defend a falsely issued speeding ticket, there is talk that you will still have to pay your legal costs.

This is where Brown excels himself, pickpocketing EVERYBODY.

But the Bury labour council wasted about 250K on putting chips in all the wheelie bins ,

And yes ALL legal defences have to be paid for by yourself soon therefore justice is only for the wealthy.

We should have a 'hug a lord' day :)

Except for the nasty ones with that see green shoots everywhere...

Watched a bit of the Lords this morning whilst at work :lol:

The tory lords were wiping the floor with some Lab treasury peer in a debate on the banking bill.

They basically accused him of not understanding his own policies. He was all at sea.

They were totally dumfounded with his answers.

He had to send a man out to check his facts.

Hilariarse.

1. Thank christ.

GB and rest of the cabinet are delusional. They are trying to pass laws that nobody wants.

The councillors and the rest of the Labour MPs are starting to get worried, not that they will lose office - that much is assured - but they will be set upon by angry constituents and will effectively become persona non grata in the UK.

I mean, imagine looking through a list of CVs and seeing someone who was a Labour MP between 1997-2008 - you would be better off employing a monkey.

But the Bury labour council wasted about 250K on putting chips in all the wheelie bins ,

And yes ALL legal defences have to be paid for by yourself soon therefore justice is only for the wealthy.

As this clip clearly demonstrates.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8AKrkHIq43g

Scroll to 4 minutes 10 secs.

If you can be bothered. Tho i think this stuff is tv gold.

GB and rest of the cabinet are delusional. They are trying to pass laws that nobody wants.

The councillors and the rest of the Labour MPs are starting to get worried, not that they will lose office - that much is assured - but they will be set upon by angry constituents and will effectively become persona non grata in the UK.

I mean, imagine looking through a list of CVs and seeing someone who was a Labour MP between 1997-2008 - you would be better off employing a monkey.

The people of Hartlepool did, as mayor (well actually it was a man dressed up as a monkey, but lets not split hairs). He was re-elected with a bigger majority when he stood again,

I don't think they were the only ones. Clearly even labour councils recognised this as electoral suicide and decided not to bother with it.

It is thought Commons authorities have already spent hundreds of thousands of pounds scanning and "redacting" receipts dating back to 2005 in anticipation of the changes.

On the one hand, they shouldn't have put themselves in this position. On the other, is it really going to be worth the amount of taxpayer's money it'll take to make these available at will?

I'd rather see a national database of expenses, I think, like the ONS, where individuals can download datasets.

I hope someone publishes all the expenses and receipts on the internet. If they do, I for one will go through that B*tch Harmans expenses with a fine tooth comb. Apparently if I had nothing to hide I had nothing to fear from some of her disgusting anti terror legislation amongst other things. I can't wait to find out what she has to hide...

From that slappers own website:

Everybody has recognised that there has been an erosion of confidence in our political institutions and a climate of cynicism, this has not just been about the government. It has affected voter turnout and low voter turnout undermines the legitimacy of Parliament.

This is a problem that needs to be addressed.

She seems to think the best way of removing the "climate of cynicism" is to hide her expenses from her employers. I for one am even more cynical.

I don't think they were the only ones. Clearly even labour councils recognised this as electoral suicide and decided not to bother with it.

Well I had a small hand in this , a old man I know who is the dad of a mate, spread the word, I said say you seen the chips on these bins? , he said what , didn't go ahead far as I know , so I walked him to the nearest wheelie bin and showed him the chip, he then started to tell everybody being a big gossip type....

Labour local councillors got butchered last time,

Ivan Lewis mr Arrogant said the voters would come to 'regret' their choice and made some other thinly veiled threat to get the voters back for deserting labour. (Bury is a rock solid labour seat with 35% unemployment).