House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Renter

What's On Your Shopping List?

Was mulling over the impending hyperinflation in the shower this morning and was putting togther my list of items to stockpile if needed:

Porridge Oats

Flour

yeast

powdered milk

Sugar

Cooking Oil

Salt

Lentils

Baken Beans

Kidney Beans

Tinned Tomatoes

Soup

Tuna

Tinned Fruit

Tinned Cream

Rice

Spaghetti

Pasta Sheets

Dried Cous Cous

Batteries

Spices

Toothpaste

Gravy Granules

Tea

Jam/Marmalade

Throw in the inevitable need for milk, a few home grown carrots and potatoes and my bread maker and I reckon I could survive for 12 months on that.

What else are people considering stockpiling?

Was mulling over the impending hyperinflation in the shower this morning and was putting togther my list of items to stockpile if needed:

Porridge Oats

Flour

yeast

powdered milk

Sugar

Cooking Oil

Salt

Lentils

Baken Beans

Kidney Beans

Tinned Tomatoes

Soup

Tuna

Tinned Fruit

Tinned Cream

Rice

Spaghetti

Pasta Sheets

Dried Cous Cous

Batteries

Spices

Toothpaste

Gravy Granules

Tea

Jam/Marmalade

Throw in the inevitable need for milk, a few home grown carrots and potatoes and my bread maker and I reckon I could survive for 12 months on that.

Loo roll?

snip list of stuff

Disposable lighters/matches and depending on your age/sex either condoms or sanitary 'wares'

Reading some of the above postings, the words "drama out of a crisis" come to mind, I am sorry to say. I am suspicious that people whose lives lack excitement for their own future are taking a gloating joy in talking about things in a rather histrionic way. This is not helpful, and may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Each of use are powerful forces for change -we can individually contribute to make the society/world we live in a better place, or a worse place - "be careful what you wish for".

I expect this will be moved to the Troll forum.

Fireams, ammo.

Or, as they are otherwise known depending upon circumstances - withdrawal requests and pursuasive bargaining tools!

Note; for the state control freaks reading - I'm kidding!

Reading some of the above postings, the words "drama out of a crisis" come to mind, I am sorry to say. I am suspicious that people whose lives lack excitement for their own future are taking a gloating joy in talking about things in a rather histrionic way. This is not helpful, and may become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Each of use are powerful forces for change -we can individually contribute to make the society/world we live in a better place, or a worse place - "be careful what you wish for".

I expect this will be moved to the Troll forum.

I'm not sure which side to take on this. On the one hand, it sounds like doomongering, yet, it hasn't stopped me stacking up on tinned bargins. Acquiring a little and often as you never know, yet no I haven't gone on some mad rapid supermarket sweep dash and cleared every shelf............yet.

I want

A pulse rifle out of Aliens 2

some aerosol shark repelant

and a picture of kiera Knightly's minge