House Price Crash Forum
Joey Buttafueco Jr

Ftse Heads Towards 4000

Guest vicmac64

You should have listened to this guru....

Its simple really - the markets are based on a pyramid scam that is our fake economy - right now they are at the deleveraging point... Slowly but surely confidence is going and money is leaving this behemoth that depends on DEBT.................

Get out while you can

1000 and less is a very real possibility on the ftse100 in my opinion

I am very confused. The guru that is always right (apart from when he is wrong, which is most of the time), said that the FTSE was going to rocket. Please help

Sincerely

I V Binhad

Edited by vicmac64

Its simple really - the markets are based on a pyramid scam that is our fake economy - right now they are at the deleveraging point... Slowly but surely confidence is going and money is leaving this behemoth that depends on DEBT.................

Get out while you can

I think we may be stuck in an infinite loop as I have just replied to your post

Indeed, most puzzling. I am kicking myself that I didn't buy into the FTSE and the DOW before these falls.

It keeps dipping its toe toward that 4,000 mark, doesnt quite fancy it though. Give it 30 mins????

I mentioned the gap between the DAX and the FTSE some time again but would like to do so again now that they are closing in on each other.

Last Oct 2008 when the FTSE fell through 5000, the DAX was at 6000 (20% higher). They are now only 150 points apart, the DAX only 4% higher.

Now, our banks' share have crashed, many others are well down, dragging the FTSE very low but what must have happened in Germany for their index to be falling so much more? At this rate, it will be below the FTSE by March.

Similarly, the FTSE has gone from being 900 pts above the French CAC to nearly 1200.

EZ firms in even worse state?

Can't remember what the prediction was now, but I retain an open mind on the FTSE until it has fallen below its previous lows.

US indexes are below October lows already and we're about to either see the mother of all rallies or another scary sell-off. Only a few people know which it will be. There aren't many times when these set-ups occur.

I am very confused. The guru that is always right (apart from when he is wrong, which is most of the time), said that the FTSE was going to rocket. Please help

Erm, he never gave a time-scale for his soothsaying - neither did he make any assertion that the FTSE wouldn't fall first.

Given long enough, his prediction will prove accurate... of course, this might not be very useful if this is decades in the future. ;)

Erm, he never gave a time-scale for his soothsaying - neither did he make any assertion that the FTSE wouldn't fall first.

Given long enough, his prediction will prove accurate... of course, this might not be very useful if this is decades in the future. ;)

I think he gave a timescale for the DOW going to 15,000. Can't be bothered to look for it though.

Can't remember what the prediction was now, but I retain an open mind on the FTSE until it has fallen below its previous lows.

US indexes are below October lows already and we're about to either see the mother of all rallies or another scary sell-off. Only a few people know which it will be. There aren't many times when these set-ups occur.

I reckon it's three sources; Noel, FP, and my lads Magic 8 ball. :D It's not sure about the DOW and S&P this afternoon...

Get out while you can

I have £5k in a shares ISA which I started when FTSE was over about 6,500!

I need to think about this.

You could be right. I'm glad it's only £5k.

I have £5k in a shares ISA which I started when FTSE was over about 6,500!

At least you called the top of the market correctly so its not all bad. Have a go at calling the bottom of the market while your on a roll.

Please accept my apologies as I know the following has been posted countless times, however, can somone please post a link so as to watch the FTSE demise in real time? Many thanks in advance, N

Does this presage another big leg down, do you think?

I think so. I've been waiting for the next phase where it becomes generally understood that the bailouts are not effective and fear takes over with no bottom in sight.

I don't think we are at maximum fear yet so I'll dollar-cost-average back in whilst its below 3600 and hope for the best.

VMR. (Clueless investor)

I often look at the BBC website that lists all the worlds markets.

Something that I've noticed a few times is the 'BBC Global 30' will often be showing an increase when virtually every market in the world is in negative figures (as is the case as I'm writing this) .

Is this another example of the BBC trying to make things look rosey?

Legal and General's getting hammered again, down just over 10%. Is there any rumours flying around about these?

Had a L&G endowment policy for 7 years.

Wasnt even worth what i'd paid in after 7 years. And that was through a so called boom.

After id got used to the idea that the BMW i was told i would be able to afford with the excess, was never going to materialise,i pulled it and had them for £5k compen.

I got lucky.

I also had a north american unit trust with them which tanked and lost me £800.

Terrible company. Terrible concept.

Good riddance if they fold.