House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

My Wife May Have Finally Got It

After spending the best part of 2 years going on about this incessantly how the entire economy is fooked, my wife it appears has finally got it when I told her it looks like the BoE is going to start printing money and the potential for hyperinflation.

Her first response was does that mean we can pay off our mortgage, I said yes but we'll have bigger problems than that like food as the shops will be empty and we'll be paying £50bn for a tin of beans. That's if Brown manages a Zimbabwe style hyperinflation although we'll probably get a Brown version which will be even worse.

This morning she woke up in a panic and said she doesn't want to pay £50bn for a tin a beans. Welcome to the party dear.

Guest KingCharles1st

How did you do it- that "Vulcan neck grip" thing that Spock uses..?

Was she asleep at the time?

Guest KingCharles1st
I have no idea what happened but for the first time she was starting to panic about what might happen.

Did she pull herself tighter towards you, and cry and sob just like Kate Winslet

Did she pull herself tighter towards you, and cry and sob just like Kate Winslet

Unfortunately not as I was having to leave to go to work.

It wasn't a very great film moment, although if my life makes it onto the big screen I'm sure Hollywood will dress the moment up and make it very tender.

Is she going to be an HPC regular now? All I get from my better half is 'you're not looking at that bloody HPC website again are you?'

This, for me, is the problem of working from home with a wife on maternity leave. My mid-morning Xbox sessions have suffered too... :P

I posted on another thread that my partner seems to have finally got it too - after months of telling me we have no room to hoard food (as a hedge against inflation rather than for tinfoil hat reasons) she suddenly on Monday started talking about where we could store it. I was taken aback. If this sort of thinking is getting into my partner's brain then will it be a short time before the rest of the population catch on, or is it only those living with an HPCer (and seeing the most horrible predictions made by HPCers all coming true) who will be converted. Personally I hope its the latter; if its the former the empty shelves scenario is certain to come to fruition. We are stocking up this weekend.

Is she going to be an HPC regular now? All I get from my better half is 'you're not looking at that bloody HPC website again are you?'

This, for me, is the problem of working from home with a wife on maternity leave. My mid-morning Xbox sessions have suffered too... :P

:lol: I work from home too. I said to the missus this morning that we might have to move our savings into gold because the Bank of England is using the tried and trusted method of "PRINT MORE MOOONEEEY" to get themselves out of a fix. I think it was a pennydrop moment for her too but instead of saying "Really?", she just scowled at me and replied "Is this a good time to discuss this? Just as I'm leaving for work?".

After spending the best part of 2 years going on about this incessantly how the entire economy is fooked, my wife it appears has finally got it when I told her it looks like the BoE is going to start printing money and the potential for hyperinflation.

Her first response was does that mean we can pay off our mortgage, I said yes but we'll have bigger problems than that like food as the shops will be empty and we'll be paying £50bn for a tin of beans. That's if Brown manages a Zimbabwe style hyperinflation although we'll probably get a Brown version which will be even worse.

This morning she woke up in a panic and said she doesn't want to pay £50bn for a tin a beans. Welcome to the party dear.

Your wife is right though, you can pay of the mortgage and use your home as a hide away from all the looters. Think how much your house/houses will be worth after the Hyperinflation.... :rolleyes:

Your wife is right though, you can pay of the mortgage and use your home as a hide away from all the looters. Think how much your house/houses will be worth after the Hyperinflation.... :rolleyes:

Yes. Almost as much as a tin of beans.

This reads like a Monty Python sketch.

Not working with my wife. She is getting really p!ssed off with me shouting at the news on a daily basis and mentioning things like buying Yen, Euros and Gold. She refers to HPC as "that freaky website".

Not working with my wife. She is getting really p!ssed off with me shouting at the news on a daily basis and mentioning things like buying Yen, Euros and Gold. She refers to HPC as "that freaky website".

Missus calls HPC........ Geek World :P

Edited by moosetea

Having spent the last year getting to grips with what is going on, I'm sorry to report that after some promising initial tinfoil hattedness, planet mrs SBN has gone retrograde. Hoarding beans is out of the question because of the "space they take up". The £ is "nothing to worry about because it will bounce back" . "B&B shareholders should be compensated because its so unfair". The general outlook has gone back to "money in the bank is the safest place". I know she reads here though, so I'm fully expecting her to sign up and give me a good flaming!

Morning lover!

Edited by sbn

Perhaps we need a separate forum for HPC-widows... ;)

Generally speaking I think men relish the prospect of the apocalypse for its own sake just so we can live out all those Mad Max fantasies we secretly have. Or is that just me? Problem is, I know I'll be the first to be eaten by ravenous chavs if TSHTF. Not least of all because my wife would probably feed me to them...

I call it "the FOD" or "the Forum of Doom" :lol:

We really should rename the site UKPLCcrash.co.uk. or even globalarmageddon.com. Its got soooo much bigger than house prices.

My better looking half is still oblivious to it.She is complaining that the loft is full of sugar and tins.She also thinks i should sell the house (its mine not hers and paid for) and use cash savings to buy a bigger one as they are so "cheap".

Luckily when i laugh in her face and tell her anymore such stupid ideas shes out the door with her bags she shuts up.

Though on hearing horroe stories from her family\friends about debt,house price falls and a couple of repos she did say "im so glad we were sensible and saw it coming" WE were sensible,WE saw it coming hahahahaha,,

Perhaps we need a separate forum for HPC-widows... ;)

Generally speaking I think men relish the prospect of the apocalypse for its own sake just so we can live out all those Mad Max fantasies we secretly have. Or is that just me? Problem is, I know I'll be the first to be eaten by ravenous chavs if TSHTF. Not least of all because my wife would probably feed me to them...

I think there is a lot in that MB.House full of ferrets,lurchers and snares,and running around the countryside with your mates foraging does have a great appeal.Actually thats what we did do in the 80s :blink:

That's great - but has she also stopped maxing out her credit card?

Thought not :(