House Price Crash Forum
Ted

Pound Sinks To $1.37

08:02

Thoughts?

When will we get a full scale rout, or will we?

Don't think we will get a full scale rout its just a drip drip scenario until a pounds is worth around parity with both the Dollar and the Euro then a global currency maybe called the PED :D

If it blows through 1.368 I'll start to worry (more).

Don't say things like that, now I'm worried.

What is the significance of 1.368?

Edited by Ted

Don't think we will get a full scale rout its just a drip drip scenario until a pounds is worth around parity with both the Dollar and the Euro then a global currency maybe called the PED :D

I thought they are going for a global currency called PEZ. It has a shelf life so you can't save it for too long.

I heard a prediction of $1.20 to the £ on the radio this morning

if it breaches 1.3680 theres really no major chart support until the 1985 low at 1.04 ish

i'd expect the round numbers to offer some minor support e.g. 1.30/1.20/1.10 etc

fuked

if it breaches 1.3680 theres really no major chart support until the 1985 low at 1.04 ish

i'd expect the round numbers to offer some minor support e.g. 1.30/1.20/1.10 etc

fuked

What are you talking about?

We are winning!!! :lol:

08:02

Thoughts?

When will we get a full scale rout, or will we?

If it is a race to the bottom, I bet mandy will be in the lead by a head!! :lol:

PROBLEM > REACTION > SOLUTION

NEW WORLD ORDER OUT OF CHAOS

and the sheeple will be begging for it.. :lol:

What are these hypothetical 'support' points so many refer to? There's a cash-rich sheik somewhere sitting waiting for it to hit 1.368 before he buys. I don't get it.

Records / history is made and broken all the time.

In 1992 Gordon Brown said:

"A weak currency arises from a weak economy which in turn is the result of a weak Government."

See? He's not always wrong.

Personally, I don't mind too much as my employer accounts in dollars, so I'm getting cheaper by the moment. (And let me tell you, I was pretty cheap to start with..). If TS really does hit TF (cf hyperinflation), I guess we can ask to be paid in dollars even if it represents a major pay cut in 2008 dollar terms. Then I can get some unemployed quants to act as footstools.

What are these hypothetical 'support' points so many refer to? There's a cash-rich sheik somewhere sitting waiting for it to hit 1.368 before he buys. I don't get it.

Records / history is made and broken all the time.

It's technical trading speak.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/support.asp

Edited by terryturbojr

In 1992 Gordon Brown said:

"A weak currency arises from a weak economy which in turn is the result of a weak Government."

Yes - however the above statement is indicative of how when in opposition NuLabour mocked and waged open warfare against the Major regime at every turn - meanwhile our current opposition particularly Osborne and his cronies have an open goal to kick at but seem to be dumber than Forrest Gump.

Yes - however the above statement is indicative of how when in opposition NuLabour mocked and waged open warfare against the Major regime at every turn - meanwhile our current opposition particularly Osborne and his cronies have an open goal to kick at but seem to be dumber than Forrest Gump.

that's actually an insult to Forest Gump - remember how he turned out in the end ?

Actualy shutting up right now could be the best thing to do. Brown is going down in a way that will write his name into the history books forever - so why get muddled up in a war of words?