House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

godless

To Posh To Pay

I gave up watching after 5 minutes because of the teeth-grating overuse of the term "middle class" coupled with a persistent failure to explain what exactly it meant.

I saw the bit about the man who had an investment scam where he was relying on money from new investors to pay interest to existing investors. In the end the whole thing collapsed and he got 12 years in jail. Isn't that what Bernard Madoff is supposed to have done on a much bigger scale? In fact, isn't that not a million miles away from what a lot of banks have been doing?

I gave up watching after 5 minutes because of the teeth-grating overuse of the term "middle class" coupled with a persistent failure to explain what exactly it meant.

Middle class = someone who steals but is not a banker or politician.

Middle class = someone who steals but is not a banker or politician.

hardly. These people are lower class scum masquerading as middle class because ITV believes debt is wealth

hardly. These people are lower class scum masquerading as middle class because ITV believes debt is wealth

you're just upset because they said the Welsh were the worst.

All of these people have been on TV before - but just clips on other progs - so I'm wondering if it's a cheap way of recycling a programme because it'll be interesting now to some.

Most interesting - is the artist guy - and how he did it - and why.

Think he's the only one who could be deemed middle-class - and what happened to him and that he paid the money back - but is now an artist in his own right.

But it's a bit interesting why they do it and different motivations.

Again - it does come down to auditors - it seems - who were described by the main defrauder at the Building Society as "muppets".

Interesting that - since one wonders whether the same conclusion will finally be drawn at the end of the current bank/investment crisis - that it was the auditors who were muppets and allowed it to happen.