House Price Crash Forum

Riots In Iceland And The Baltics Today

HOLA441
yeah. it was Labour that embraced game theory and created the decade of greed... you don't think the the 'f*ck you. i'm alright jack' mentality encouraged by the tories had any part to play in destroying social cohesion?

Labour's central planning and welfare state have done vastly more damage to social cohesion than the Tories. The whole intention of Labour's post-war policies was to make people reliant on the state so they no longer needed even to know their neighbours, let alone do anything to help them.

If you can't see why central planning and a bloated welfare state destroys social cohesion, there's really no hope for you; though I guess that's obvious from your comments about the Tories here.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Labour's central planning and welfare state have done vastly more damage to social cohesion than the Tories.

It depends on where exactly you draw the line between the two. Labour's and the conservative's dogged refusal to implement anything aproaching a rational tax policy, has easily done far more damage to the uk than labour's 'pretending to help people' welfare feint.

The two parties have differences, but they agree firmly on what counts:

The uk is to be run entirely for the benefit of real estate interests.

HOLA446
this is exactly why the UK always gets hit the hardest in these situations imo.

They mis report or don't report, so when it happens, it happens very fast.

Like the banks & sm going down etc.

Imagine what it must feel like for the people who have no idea this is going on. They wake up one day, they get made redundant, there house drops in value like a stone, the mortgage goes up, all their basic living costs go up. I could go on.... :ph34r:

More fools them for being uneducated then :angry:

HOLA447
Labour's central planning and welfare state have done vastly more damage to social cohesion than the Tories. The whole intention of Labour's post-war policies was to make people reliant on the state so they no longer needed even to know their neighbours, let alone do anything to help them.

If you can't see why central planning and a bloated welfare state destroys social cohesion, there's really no hope for you; though I guess that's obvious from your comments about the Tories here.

The torries helped to create the mainstream "****** You Buddy" mentality/game theory. Labour embraced it. Watch Alan Curtis' The Trap.

HOLA448

Reliant on the state = Not helping your neighbours.

So conversely. . .

Independent of the state = local philanthropist.

Doesn't it strike you that the REASON people like Barnardo, Wedgwood, Clarks et al NEEDED to be philanthropic was because there was no established state support for the poor and for orphans.

Putting social in the hands of the caprices of the wealthy makes life support a matter of luck and whimsy rather than long term state planning. I'm sure Roman Abramovitch's community work has seen a downturn since his wealth was cut by 25%.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
In a fight between quiet, decent, _DISARMED_ people and a few million feral chavs whose giros haven't arrived, I'm afraid I'm going to have to bet on the chavs. Not for long, obviously, because once they've killed off the productive people they'll start having to eat each other, but the middle class who've practically begged the government to disarm them are hardly going to be a match for the barbarian hordes.

Barbarism has been the norm through history; civilisation has to be defended, and Britons have given up on doing that over the last sixty years. What are you going to do if a gang of violent chavs turn up on your doorstep intent on killing you, raping your dog and eating your daughters?

Guess

p1.jpg

post-10636-1232638870_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew