House Price Crash Forum

Special Relationship Under Attack

bogbrush

HOLA441

Some woman is utterly murdering a song to the tune of our National Anthem in fronmt of the whole World at Obamas inaugeration.

This is a thinly disguised assault on us at this crucial time and signifies the termination of the "special relationship".

They realise we don't have the funds to sue and aren't eligable for Legal Aid. Damn them!!

HOLA442

From some quick web research:

It's now generally thought that the melody was composed in its present form by Dr. Henry Carey, although many of the musical phrases were present in various earlier melodies, leading to some confusion.

The tune is still used as the national anthem of Liechtenstein. This was a source of embarrassment to Winter Olympic officials in 1980 when Hanni Wenzell won this country's first gold medal ever, and they had no record of her country's national anthem.

It is also the melody to the popular United States song My Country, Tis of Thee.

The tune is also used as Norway's Royal anthem entitled Kongesangen.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Seriously, Obama's grandad was tortured and imprisoned by the British colonial authorities and his right-hand man is an Irish-American. Interesting times ahead.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle5276010.ece

Beatings and abuse made Barack Obama’s grandfather loathe the British

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA446
HOLA447
From some quick web research:

It's now generally thought that the melody was composed in its present form by Dr. Henry Carey, although many of the musical phrases were present in various earlier melodies, leading to some confusion.

The tune is still used as the national anthem of Liechtenstein. This was a source of embarrassment to Winter Olympic officials in 1980 when Hanni Wenzell won this country's first gold medal ever, and they had no record of her country's national anthem.

It is also the melody to the popular United States song My Country, Tis of Thee.

The tune is also used as Norway's Royal anthem entitled Kongesangen.

:unsure::unsure:

Obama just forgot the words :lol::lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Well if he did that, this poet is making this up as she goes along.

Truely dreadful. She must have won some sort of competition.

ffs this is a self-parody. Maybe they don't think they'll have the chance to do another one.

When's Janet Jackson up?

HOLA4413
Now that there's a mixed race Democrat in the White House, watch the lefties in Britain start mentioning the Special Relationship again. They kept a bit quiet about it while Bush was in charge. ;)

Thatcher & Reagan had a special relationship - she bossed him about.

Blair & Bush had a special relationship - Tony did what he was told

Obama is far too clever to need a puppet and isn't about to be told what to do by the clowns in any of the UK political parties.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Thatcher & Reagan had a special relationship - she bossed him about.

Blair & Bush had a special relationship - Tony did what he was told

Obama is far too clever to need a puppet and isn't about to be told what to do by the clowns in any of the UK political parties.

It is quite obvious that Blair was a willing participant in all his wars. Before 9/11 he was promoting military intervention across the world in a speech in Chicago.

I do not think you can absolve him of responsibility for his actions so easily.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest sillybear2

Obama ain't gonna want to boogie with a honky cracker like Brown.

That said, if Obama follows Gordy's economic plan and just does the exact opposite, he will be a great success.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Obama ain't gonna want to boogie with a honky cracker like Brown.

That said, if Obama follows Gordy's economic plan and just does the exact opposite, he will be a great success.

:lol::lol:

Funnily enough, I follow the exact rule of thumb with a mate of mine. He's a general basket case financially, so whatever he does, I do the opposite.

It has worked pretty well so far.

(He bought with another mate 18 months ago - peak bubble prices - in order to "get on the ladder". i/o mortgage for a flat. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I hope they get on, as they will be living together for a good 10/12 years until prices regain the level they bought for.....assuming they are both still solvent by then).

HOLA4425
Guest sillybear2
(He bought with another mate 18 months ago - peak bubble prices - in order to "get on the ladder". i/o mortgage for a flat. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I hope they get on, as they will be living together for a good 10/12 years until prices regain the level they bought for.....assuming they are both still solvent by then).

And assuming neither gains access to guns. :ph34r:

Edited by sillybear2