House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chichi

Bungalows Well Dear

http://www.thinkproperty.com/property/14487423

This is actually sold with aubrey lee estate agent sign outside if you drive past - I'd never buy a bungalow so never looked at the price

£210,000

2 bedroom! And the former tip just next to it is going to have some methane removal machines installed for at least 5 years.

That's probably why they are selling it! Maybe you got the figures the wrong way round. Maybe it should be £012,000! If that's really worth 210k, then that makes my place worth £1million!

Edited by tplatt

http://www.thinkproperty.com/property/14487423

This is actually sold with aubrey lee estate agent sign outside if you drive past - I'd never buy a bungalow so never looked at the price

£210,000

2 bedroom! And the former tip just next to it is going to have some methane removal machines installed for at least 5 years.

You'd be surprised how utterly stupid most bungalow prices are, TBH. I looked at them for my mum at one stage, but the conclusion was that they were generally much more expensive than a nice house. And if you were "old" and that bothered about the stairs, just get a stair lift/chair installed.

I think the idea has always been that older people will be downsizing from larger homes, and they'd have a large bit of equity. So the EAs could then just fleece the buggers by getting them to outbid each other for bungalows. Can't see that happening in the future, as these folks are really struggling in retirement now.

Nomadd

From the property description blurb:

"Bungalows to the immediate area are greatly sort after and in short supply a viewing is therefore recommended in the minimum of delay.

Sheesh, what kind of semi-literate moron is responsible for that?

From the property description blurb:

"Bungalows to the immediate area are greatly sort after and in short supply a viewing is therefore recommended in the minimum of delay.

Sheesh, what kind of semi-literate moron is responsible for that?

Well, when you hire these "professionals" on 12k basic and tell them they will make 100k in commission, you quickly begin to understand the "quality" of the staff employed. No GCSEs? No problem. It's just sellin', in'it. :)

Nomadd

You'd be surprised how utterly stupid most bungalow prices are, TBH. I looked at them for my mum at one stage, but the conclusion was that they were generally much more expensive than a nice house. And if you were "old" and that bothered about the stairs, just get a stair lift/chair installed.

I think the idea has always been that older people will be downsizing from larger homes, and they'd have a large bit of equity. So the EAs could then just fleece the buggers by getting them to outbid each other for bungalows. Can't see that happening in the future, as these folks are really struggling in retirement now.

Nomadd

If you want a bungalow, come to Cornwall, the place is full of them, small ones, big ones, old ones, new ones. If you want a nice period house, then forget it! There are several bungs for sale in my village and there are no takers - probably because they are heavily OVERPRICED!!!!!

If you want a bungalow, come to Cornwall, the place is full of them, small ones, big ones, old ones, new ones. If you want a nice period house, then forget it! There are several bungs for sale in my village and there are no takers - probably because they are heavily OVERPRICED!!!!!

OVERPRICED!!!! ?????? I'll show you overpriced, from my neck of the woods:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...tyle%3DBungalow

Now I know what your saying - that's cheap! :) But what you have to remember is it came on the market 6 months ago at £550k - yes, £550k - more than they are asking for it now. And this place is 200 miles away from the "overpaid bankers" in The City.

You say it's hard to get a "nice period house" in Cornwall - I bet I could find one for £3-3.5 million. But why bother when I could have that lovely little bungalow instead. :)

(Still, I love the way the EA has called it a "detached house" :))

Cheers,

Nomadd

OVERPRICED!!!! ?????? I'll show you overpriced, from my neck of the woods:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...tyle%3DBungalow

Now I know what your saying - that's cheap! :) But what you have to remember is it came on the market 6 months ago at £550k - yes, £550k - more than they are asking for it now. And this place is 200 miles away from the "overpaid bankers" in The City.

You say it's hard to get a "nice period house" in Cornwall - I bet I could find one for £3-3.5 million. But why bother when I could have that lovely little bungalow instead. :)

(Still, I love the way the EA has called it a "detached house" :))

Cheers,

Nomadd

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh, that's a hell of a lot. Surely, that must be a misprint! Is it made from solid gold or something? It doesn't look much from the outside. The nerve of some people - what a joke! It doesn't even have much land! I would expect the grand piano in the price too! Why show umpteen pics of the same room?

If you have over a million to spend, then, if you are lucky, you may find a period house that's available for sale. They get snapped up pretty quickly. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere near that much to spend on a home.

Edited by tplatt

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh, that's a hell of a lot. Surely, that must be a misprint! Is it made from solid gold or something? It doesn't look much from the outside. The nerve of some people - what a joke! It doesn't even have much land!

Nope, no misprint. It's the house price idiocy that has affected the area I was born in. Like I say, it went on the market for £3.5 million six months ago. The local EAs have kind of got it in their heads that Hale in Cheshire (god forbid you call it "Greater Manchester", which it is) is the new Knightsbridge - and all because it has "good motorway links and is close to Manchester airport!" I kid you not. Only in Gordon Brown's Britain would such nonsense be tolerated.

Nomadd

Nope, no misprint. It's the house price idiocy that has affected the area I was born in. Like I say, it went on the market for £3.5 million six months ago. The local EAs have kind of got it in their heads that Hale in Cheshire (god forbid you call it "Greater Manchester", which it is) is the new Knightsbridge - and all because it has "good motorway links and is close to Manchester airport!" I kid you not. Only in Gordon Brown's Britain would such nonsense be tolerated.

Nomadd

I knew certain parts of Cheshire were expensive, but I didn't realise THAT expensive! Will keep an eye on this one. I reckon it has got some way to come down yet before a buyer steps in.

Guest AuntJess
I knew certain parts of Cheshire were expensive, but I didn't realise THAT expensive! Will keep an eye on this one. I reckon it has got some way to come down yet before a buyer steps in.

Hale is an up-market place, as is Alderly Edge. Mottram St. Andrew and Prestbury are up market too. Trouble is, in the South East many think us Northerners live in summat like Coronation Street dwellings. :lol:

We used to get cousins coming up North, aghast we weren't all living like they did in "Hobson's Choice".

Cheshire in several areas is 'well posh'. ;)

Hale is an up-market place, as is Alderly Edge. Mottram St. Andrew and Prestbury are up market too. Trouble is, in the South East many think us Northerners live in summat like Coronation Street dwellings. :lol:

We used to get cousins coming up North, aghast we weren't all living like they did in "Hobson's Choice".

I can confirm this. House prices in places like Alderly Edge are the same as the more expensive parts of the South East (excluding mad places like Knightsbridge).

Yeah, I know certain parts are very expensive. Every county has its expensive pockets. Cornwall is very expensive. Expect to pay in excess of £1million for a basic house in certain parts - matching prices in Alderley Edge et al. In fact the property stock in Cheshire is much better i.e. period houses, which are hard to come by in Cornwall. Check out these two to compare: One in Alderley Edge and the other in Mawgan Porth, Cornwall. I know which one I would go for - give me Cheshire anyday. Mawgan Porth is a s**thole.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...summary19228957

and

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...on%26index%3D20

Edited by tplatt

I know which one I would go for - give me Cheshire anyday. Mawgan Porth is a s**thole.

Yeah, but then it never stops raining "oop north", especially Greater Manchester. :)

Nomadd

(from Manchester, before anyone tells me it's tropical! :))

Yeah, but then it never stops raining "oop north", especially Greater Manchester. :)

Nomadd

(from Manchester, before anyone tells me it's tropical! :))

It's always raining in Cornwall too. don't forget the gale force winds. No snow or ice though, well not down the southern parts anyway.

It's always raining in Cornwall too. don't forget the gale force winds. No snow or ice though, well not down the southern parts anyway.

Yes, but you Cornish guys are rich from all the shipping you run aground. :)

Nomadd

Yes, but you Cornish guys are rich from all the shipping you run aground. :)

Nomadd

What do you mean? The Napoli ran aground off Dorset and all that timber went to Devon! All we got 'ere is mussels, pollock and pasties me ansom.

Edited by tplatt