House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Lloyds Hbos Shares Crash 50%

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle5552785.ece

Shares in Lloyds Banking Group lost almost half their value today amid sharply increased fears that the Government could have to take full control of at least one financial institution before the end of the year.

Lloyds Banking Group, which comprises Lloyds TSB and HBOS after they officially merged yesterday, saw its shares dive by nearly 50 per cent at one point before falling by 27.38 per cent to 47.2p.

ON TOP OF A 34% FALL YESTERDAY!

Edited by gruffydd

Shares in Lloyds Banking Group lost almost half their value today amid sharply increased fears that the Government could have to take full control of at least one financial institution before the end of the year.

Lloyds Banking Group, which comprises Lloyds TSB and HBOS after they officially merged yesterday, saw its shares dive by nearly 50 per cent at one point before falling by 27.38 per cent to 47.2p.

21st January 08 357.35 down about 90% YOY.

Shares in Lloyds Banking Group lost almost half their value today amid sharply increased fears that the Government could have to take full control of at least one financial institution before the end of the year, er, month?, er week? ok, maybe today then?.

You know that episode of Star Trek when people began getting angry with each other, fighting and then killing each other... and it turned out to be the fault of a young boy whose mind was thinking evil thoughts?

That's you that is Gruffydd. That's you! :lol:

I have to admit I am begining to wonder whether a punt of say 1K on RBS, Lloyds and simialr shares might be worth it in an ISA for a 10 year punt?

You know that episode of Star Trek when people began getting angry with each other, fighting and then killing each other... and it turned out to be the fault of a not so young boyo whose mind was thinking evil thoughts?

That's you that is Gruffydd. That's you! :lol:

I have to admit I am begining to wonder whether a punt of say 1K on RBS, Lloyds and simialr shares might be worth it in an ISA for a 10 year punt?

Looking at today's prices, Lloyds went up about 25p a share (44p to 69p) and then back down again in about 10 minutes!

Was this a big buy or just a glitch?

Looking at today's prices, Lloyds went up about 25p a share (44p to 69p) and then back down again in about 10 minutes!

Was this a big buy or just a glitch?

wasn't it because of rumours about Masked Tulip buying £1k shares but then it didn't materlize so down it went?

wasn't it because of rumours about Masked Tulip buying £1k shares but then it didn't materlize so down it went?

I released a statement to the City announcing that I was no longer prepared to break my piggy bank. The rest is history.

ever been at a party when someone is so drunk people suggest black coffee etc? Well make them read this site it will sober them up in no time.

£40k in Lloyds ISA. Icesave money still not back yet either.

Peoples lives are being unravelled here.

too true.

I have some Cheltenham and Gloucester ISA's who now come under Lloyds too. :angry:

Guest sillybear2

The government are going to get it eventually eitherway!

Relax everyone. They're too big to fail. Remember that.

Yeah what a great service a bank is. They keep you paying, negative interest, government donations. Always have their hand in our pockets. Inflation figures eroding the money you put away for later life...

£40k in Lloyds ISA. Icesave money still not back yet either.

Peoples lives are being unravelled here.

And a PM's miracle economy, won't someone please think of this innocent party.

It all started in America and he's getting blame for it.

I released a statement to the City announcing that I was no longer prepared to break my piggy bank. The rest is history.

I thought so. It was you. :lol:

Jan. 20 (Bloomberg) — The U.K. government may lose its top AAA credit rating after taking a 70 percent stake in Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, credit-default swaps show :blink: