House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Starla

Chiswick/acton

As it's the little people at the bottom rung of the ladder that are integral to getting things going (or not) again, I've been watching over the last year some particularly uninspiring overpriced shoebox studio flats in Chiswick. The EA's are saying these are in Chiswick, which is weird because they're clearly in Acton? Anyone who knows this part of West London will know the vast difference between Chiswick and Acton. Simply put, one is ok, the other is primarily sh*t.

There are 3 identical studio flats in Wilkinson Way.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...maxPrice=175000

1 year ago the first Studio Flat was marketed on Rightmove at £160,000. It's STILL there at £160,000.

Aprox 4 months ago another Studio Flat in Wilkinson Way is marketed on Rightmove at £175,000. Some bright spark at the EA's obviously thought that as a neighbouring property couldn't sell for 1 year at £160,000, they would instruct this client to market at £175,000. It's STILL there at £175,000.

Approx 2 months ago another neighbouring studio flat is marketed at £155,000. Remarkably this EA is the only agent to admit in their advert that Wilkinson Way is in Acton (it's never been in Chiswick). It's STILL there at £155,000

It never ceases to amaze me when I tune into Rightmove to monitor these crappola studio flats, that none of the vendors seem to realise they are going nowhere fast and a 20k difference in price in identical studio flats is optimistic to laughable!

I'd never buy one in a million years, I'm just using them as a marker and when they hit at least 2001 prices (currently at 2003-2005) I'll know we're getting somewhere.

As it's the little people at the bottom rung of the ladder that are integral to getting things going (or not) again, I've been watching over the last year some particularly uninspiring overpriced shoebox studio flats in Chiswick. The EA's are saying these are in Chiswick, which is weird because they're clearly in Acton? Anyone who knows this part of West London will know the vast difference between Chiswick and Acton. Simply put, one is ok, the other is primarily sh*t.

As a resident of Acton I can indeed confirm that Chiswick is primarily sh*t.

Edited by Yonmon

As a resident of Acton I can indeed confirm that Chiswick is primarily sh*t.

As a former Acton and chiswick resident I can honestly state the traffic is diabolical.

I particularly like the gentlemen who decide to stop their cars in the middle of the road to speak to their mates in the midst of a traffic jam.

im actually looking in the area of acton (poets corner ideally) and wilkinson way has had numerous propertys on and none of them move, the reason is entirely location, it is neither chiswick or acton, but the dead area inbetween, with no decent links to transport or amienities, as well as being in a soleless modern build.. or at least thats how i see it.

having looked at quite a few propertys in acton (all period builds) your money does go further than in the surrounding area whilst not having to go as far as park royal or willesden. further out in ealing seems more expencive yet the area for all i can tell isnt really any better... as unpleasant as acton high street is, its no different to how chiswick would have been not too long ago, every area has to start developing from somewhere, although if im honest i think it'll be a good few years before acton does :D

the nice properties are still commanding high prices, but i have been told by some EAs that 20% off current asking prices isnt too much, providing the vendor is keen to sell ;) ... that said some of the current asking prices are not alot different to peak prices <_<

Good God, the agent with the studio priced less than the others who admits it is in Acton is Foxtons - wonders will never cease!

I know that's what is most shocking of all.

Anyone would think they are more desperate for sales than their vendors.

That's another post for next week.

im actually looking in the area of acton (poets corner ideally) and wilkinson way has had numerous propertys on and none of them move, the reason is entirely location, it is neither chiswick or acton, but the dead area inbetween, with no decent links to transport or amienities, as well as being in a soleless modern build.. or at least thats how i see it.

having looked at quite a few propertys in acton (all period builds) your money does go further than in the surrounding area whilst not having to go as far as park royal or willesden. further out in ealing seems more expencive yet the area for all i can tell isnt really any better... as unpleasant as acton high street is, its no different to how chiswick would have been not too long ago, every area has to start developing from somewhere, although if im honest i think it'll be a good few years before acton does :D

the nice properties are still commanding high prices, but i have been told by some EAs that 20% off current asking prices isnt too much, providing the vendor is keen to sell ;) ... that said some of the current asking prices are not alot different to peak prices <_<

When/If I come to buy I'm pretty open minded about where it is n West London, providing the A4 or A316 is easy to get to. Acton is a probably a no no for me (car driver) as Gunnersbury Avenue is a nightmare. I've considered Ealing but not really seriously checked it out yet. Chiswick has a long way to fall price wise before I'd even entertain it. On that subject here's another "Wilkinson Way" stylee studio, it's even smaller, roughly the same area but I guess the 500m closer to Chiswick highstreet justifies the £200k price tag? They're in dreamland. I think this one has been on for over 6 months!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...%3D105%26y%3D10

When/If I come to buy I'm pretty open minded about where it is n West London, providing the A4 or A316 is easy to get to. Acton is a probably a no no for me (car driver) as Gunnersbury Avenue is a nightmare. I've considered Ealing but not really seriously checked it out yet. Chiswick has a long way to fall price wise before I'd even entertain it. On that subject here's another "Wilkinson Way" stylee studio, it's even smaller, roughly the same area but I guess the 500m closer to Chiswick highstreet justifies the £200k price tag? They're in dreamland. I think this one has been on for over 6 months!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...%3D105%26y%3D10

They are utterly deluded, especially with the Larden Road "Factory Quarter" developmentadding to the glut of flats in the area.