House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sammysnake

Obama

I was thinking.

Must be great to live in a country were you get to elect a leader.

WTF do we have in Britain? A failed democracy built around failed businessman. We don't even get a say which failure we get to elect.

I fear the rise of the right wing in this country

We are one charismatic leader away from things turning rather nasty in this country. :ph34r:

I think there is a bomb waiting to go off under political correctness in particular.

Not wanting to defend our idiots in anyway, but lets hold on for one second. Obama does not become president for a few hours yet and the USA/we/The World has no idea how good his leadership is going to be. Lets not get carried away :P

AFP

I was thinking.

Must be great to live in a country were you get to elect a leader.

WTF do we have in Britain? A failed democracy built around failed businessman. We don't even get a say which failure we get to elect.

I fear the rise of the right wing in this country

There is a lot of hysteria around today but I would advise caution.

If Chris Martenson is correct

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse/chapter-12-debt

Then Obama is just about to spend an enormous amount of money the US can ill afford.

If the US looses the bond markets then the US of A is bankrupt.

There will be egg on a lot of faces if Obama totally blows it, which bearing in mind that as a politician he is quite inexperienced is a real possibilty.

The USA will be floating on the feel good factor for a while but I fel Obama is carrying impossible expectations.

Everyone knows the Americans love a good movie and although he is a good orator (and who wouldn’t next to the out going chimp) but it is like the Americans are viewing this as a movie, with Obama delivering the happy ending before he has even confronted the biggest tests since his idol Lincoln (which I find his obsessions slightly worrying in itself).

This could end up really nasty.

Guys, I think you are forgetting that this guy can walk on water.

Eight years of Bush, who cheated both elections. A man from humble origins making it to the White House. Not with the traditional establishment big campaigning budgets, but through an internet campaign where ordinary people who wanted to see change donated whatever they could afford to his cause. Democracy at its best after so long in the wilderness. What's not to like? By contrast, we have an unpopular and unelected leader here.

Before the election, doom-mongers were predicting that he'd never get elected, it just couldn't happen. As the election drew nearer and it seemed probable that he could, the next predictions were that he'd be assassinated. Watching the election on CNN, the people who had previously felt alienated from the electoral process turned out in droves to have their vote count.

Now on the day of his inauguration, people are already writing him off. Give him a chance!

Oh for something like this to happen in the UK, a credible alternative to NuLab and the Conservatives, some enthusiasm, less apathy.