House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
buyinginafewyears

Petrol Prices Going Up Again?

Has anyone else noticed the inflation hitting the things we NEED to buy (e.g. food and fuel).

I went to a well known supermarket yesterday, amongst the weekly food price rises I noticed the petrol had gone from 82.9p a litre a couple of weeks ago, to 85.9p a litre now.

Has anyone else noticed the basic cost of living rises like these? If we've still got all these price rises coming through then how can there be claims we're heading for price deflation?

As an aside I bought a camera last week from an internet retailer. The same camera has just gone up in price by £60 :blink: As much as I hate to help Gordo i've moved some purchases forward because I can only see price inflation coming.

Opinions?

Has anyone else noticed the inflation hitting the things we NEED to buy (e.g. food and fuel).

I went to a well known supermarket yesterday, amongst the weekly food price rises I noticed the petrol had gone from 82.9p a litre a couple of weeks ago, to 85.9p a litre now.

Has anyone else noticed the basic cost of living rises like these? If we've still got all these price rises coming through then how can there be claims we're heading for price deflation?

As an aside I bought a camera last week from an internet retailer. The same camera has just gone up in price by £60 :blink: As much as I hate to help Gordo i've moved some purchases forward because I can only see price inflation coming.

Opinions?

Absolutely, me too.

I buy lots of car parts for my little hobby projects, usually a couple of bits and bobs every month, but this time around I'm scrabbling around trying to get all the major bits as fast as possible as all I can see is the pound tanking which means all my foreign imports are becoming increasingly expensive :(

Thanks a bunch, Gordo!

Yep, I noticed my local garage went from 82.9 to 85.9 as well. Sneaky.

However, despite rampant food inflation my food bill has gone down last year due to a combination of bumper harvest from the allotment and much more home prepared food. Bake my own bread and we rarely buy a ready meal (can't stand the salt and sugar in them).

I'm still buying big ticket items (such as sofabed) but based on needs not wants. I buy British (and from local shops) where possible (and it often is). Shop for meat only at the local farm shop (all animals produced on the farm).

I agree that it's inflation all the way from here. Give it a few 6 months or so and it'll go ballistic.

it's been good for me

being in australia i like to buy UK hardcore on vinyl (old stuff only mind)

it's certainly costing alot less to ship 'er over than it did 8-9 months ago

it's been good for me

being in australia i like to buy UK hardcore on vinyl (old stuff only mind)

it's certainly costing alot less to ship 'er over than it did 8-9 months ago

So youre going long on A Flux Of Pink Indians?

Interesting......

Give it a chance, it's just dropped about 30 pence from around £1.14 - £1.20 a litre, all the way down to £0.82 a litre & you are highlighting a comparative blip upwards of 3 pence.

Give it a chance, it's just dropped about 30 pence from around £1.14 - £1.20 a litre, all the way down to £0.82 a litre & you are highlighting a comparative blip upwards of 3 pence.

OK. I'll get the train to work. Oh hang on......thats up 11%. :angry:

Oil goes down...we need 6 months for it to filter thru to the pump. Then we only see a fraction of the fall.

Oil goes up and wee, willy wonky, they shaft us the same day.

Twonks.

If pasta, rice, tuna, bottled water and diesel for their generators goes up much more then the Tin Foil Hatters may not be ready the next total collapse of the system!! :lol:

Nah, we just sell our existing stock of 3p beans when everyone else is panicking ;)