House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
markinspain

You Think Spain's Got Problems?

A race to the bottom I think.

Is this one of our nominated events for 2012?

Mandelson insisted.

THA MAYAN CALENDAR PREDICTS THE END IN 2012 , THE FIGURED OUT 5000 YRS AGO , THAT IN DEC 2012 , THE SUN IS IN THE ACTUAL CENTRE OF OUR GALAXY WITH THE EARTH ALIGNED IN A WAY THAT HAPPENS ONCE IN 26000 YEARS . DIDI THEY KNOW THAT THERE CAN BE INCOMPETENCE ONCE EVERY 26000 YRS FROM OUR CURRENT LEADERS. ROLL ON 22 DEC 2012, LETS FINISH THIS THING.

THA MAYAN CALENDAR PREDICTS THE END IN 2012 , THE FIGURED OUT 5000 YRS AGO , THAT IN DEC 2012 , THE SUN IS IN THE ACTUAL CENTRE OF OUR GALAXY WITH THE EARTH ALIGNED IN A WAY THAT HAPPENS ONCE IN 26000 YEARS . DIDI THEY KNOW THAT THERE CAN BE INCOMPETENCE ONCE EVERY 26000 YRS FROM OUR CURRENT LEADERS. ROLL ON 22 DEC 2012, LETS FINISH THIS THING.

Thank God I'm already in the process of spending my life savings on booze and women. I'd better waste the rest on beans and shotgun shells.

How are the Mayans doing these days? They seem to have been more bearish than HPC'rs. Do they have their own forum?

VMR.

How are the Mayans doing these days? They seem to have been more bearish than HPC'rs. Do they have their own forum?

VMR.

Not too badly, as it happens. Not quite as high-flying as they used to be, but still around. Nice chaps, actually, and not as bitter about the whole 'lost civilisation' thing as one might expect.

Its just not fair. The Thatcher generation get priced out of the biggest housing boom. Then just as the housing market bottoms, and FTBs are patiently saving and waiting, NIBIRU comes smashes down and thats it. Blo*dy typical.

Edited by trev

Gosh...I thought I was pessimistic being a Survivalista Frugalista Tinfoil Hatter. This looks like a very serious deterioration indeed. We need to get Gordon on the blower ASAP. We can't afford to have a Silly Billy galaxy eroding our fiscal stimulus thingys now can we. :unsure:

Actually, applying the latest calender adjustments it coincides exactly with life president Mandelson's opening ceremony at the London Olympics

Well, we begin to pass through the galactic plane...not quite the same as 'the centre of the galaxy'. That would be very nasty indeed.

The problem is that although the sun does oscillate through the galactic plane as it rotates around the galactic center, we are nowhere near that point. In fact we are nowhere near any special point. I don't recall the exact numbers, but we pass through the galactic plane every few million years with no ill effects. I read the Mayan story too, so went to respected astronomy sites and found out it was a groundless claim.

Thank God I'm already in the process of spending my life savings on booze and women. I'd better waste the rest on beans and shotgun shells.

Spending it on women and drink isn't wasting it!

Wasting it would be buying an over-valued house or putting it in a pension fund.