HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Burberry were star****ed years ago, after that picture of Daniella Westbrook and her kid was in the papers.

I remember that photo, it was horrendous. Even the baby buggy was burberry.

Over the last few years, they had tried to rebuild the brand I think, no more baseball caps, etc, but the damage was done. As a victim of their own success, the amount of fake stuff out there has probable undermined sales.

Plunging overseas sales was the word on the news.

HOLA4416

Found it, here it is on a Sun story from last year:

burberryBig_280_470734a.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman...icle1050167.ece

FASHION fans have voted chavvy Burberry check the worst fashion faux pas for the last 50 years.

The infamous check pattern beat the shell suit, puffa jackets and even Crocs to the top spot in a survey of 200 shoppers in the North West.

The once-classy Burberry became synonymous with trashy fashion after its adoption by the WAGs and Daniella Westbrook dealt the British label its death blow when snapped in head-to-toe check along with a matching buggy and handbag.

But is wearing Burberry really a bigger sartorial sin than donning a flammable, shiny shell suit?

Vote here if you think so.

HOLA4417
every cloud has a chequered lining.

:lol::lol:

Nice one, missed it on my first scan through the thread.

This from the Daily Wail in June 2008:

The day that former soap star Daniella Westbrook and her daughter stepped out head to toe in Burberry sounded the death knell for the company's credibility. It had to change, and it had to change fast.

News released last week confirms it has done just that. Burberry enjoyed a 25 per cent jump in profits to £196 million on the back of a 17 per cent rise in revenue to £995million for the year ending in March. It is now one of the top five luxury goods brands in the world.

N.B. The original photo was taken in 2004. This from the Sun in Nov 2004:

TELLY girl Danniella Westbrook says she’s chuffed at being crowned Queen of Chav.

The host of Five’s Cosmetic Surgery Live was voted Britain’s Top Chav in a satellite TV poll.

Danniella, 31, said: “At first I wanted to hide but then I realised being a chav isn’t a bad thing ? it’s a real compliment. It allows me to defend my 60 baseball caps, weekly manicure and spray-tan machine.”

HOLA4418