House Price Crash Forum

Perfect Time To Buy Rbs?

HOLA441
HOLA442
As a website we are all great at condeming sheep and the general public's perception of things. Sheep are scared of holding RBS and other banking shares, general public think it could be nationalised.

Real answer buy RBS at all time low??

No, that is what the sheeple will be doing.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Keep in mind, RBS is getting to penny stock territory, so price will be very volatile in this last phase before nationalisation.

A 10p stock has lost 10% of its value if it goes down 1p. As far as I know they don't allow halfpennies any more.

It may not be as long as a week before nationalisation either. I give it until half past three.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I'm in for 14k shares at 13.2 p a pop. Wish me luck!

Tempted, though I don't think I'd flutter more than £500 on it just now. But not back home 'til tomorrow, and make it a rule not to access secure stuff whilst on the road :(

Lloyds and Barclays look interesting from the point of view of a flutter, too.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I just bought some (more) Barclays shares. Everything I read coming from Barclays says that they made money last year before write-downs.

If they can avoid selling a share to the government they will be in a good position going forward. They cherry picked the best bits of Lehman in the summer for instance.

Barclays P/E of 1.61 btw..

HOLA4416
  • 5 weeks later...
HOLA4417
I bought at 11p and sold at 14p this morning. This is not a stock you want to hold in my opinion. Might be worth a cheeky on punt on Lloyds and Barc now.

I just thought id bump this thread, when I started the thread RBS were around 10p, they are now at 20p , and peaked at 24.8p.

The only down side? I didnt take my own advice lol :lol:

HOLA4418
As a website we are all great at condeming sheep and the general public's perception of things. Sheep are scared of holding RBS and other banking shares, general public think it could be nationalised.

Real answer buy RBS at all time low??

Oh, I thought you were going to continue "...was about ten years ago and the perfect time to sell RBS was about two years ago"

Contrarian behaviour is all well and good, but it doesn't enable arm flap flight.

HOLA4419
Oh, I thought you were going to continue "...was about ten years ago and the perfect time to sell RBS was about two years ago"

Contrarian behaviour is all well and good, but it doesn't enable arm flap flight.

Maybe in three years time, now will be seen as being the best time to buy! 10 Years ago , RBS was at 406, reaching its highest at 704 in Feb 07.

It is not beyond belief that it could return to its pre boom levels, assuming it survives. (Big assumption)

£10k bought in Jan would equal £400,000 if it did.

£10K to me reflects years of savings, but I have a feeling in the future I will look back and wish I had bought now.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

the company is valued in the billions, but shareholders should be the first on the chopping block. Thing is, we all know that the govenment cant nationalise everything because they cant handle everything themselves, so eventually some of these doomed companies will survive. Thats why I own RBS and Lloyds shares, but in my mind, I have already written them off.

HOLA4424
the company is valued in the billions, but shareholders should be the first on the chopping block. Thing is, we all know that the govenment cant nationalise everything because they cant handle everything themselves, so eventually some of these doomed companies will survive. Thats why I own RBS and Lloyds shares, but in my mind, I have already written them off.

I suppose the question in my mind is, is it going to get worse? (For RBS)

I think really the government doesnt want to nationalise a bank. Having done a few already, I really think they wont do anymore.

To me, I think if RBS can avoid being nationalised, and in 5 years time why shouldnt it be worth 400p again? The idea of a few thousand invested now buying me a house outright in 5 years time is very appealing. <_<

HOLA4425
I suppose the question in my mind is, is it going to get worse? (For RBS)

I think really the government doesnt want to nationalise a bank. Having done a few already, I really think they wont do anymore.

To me, I think if RBS can avoid being nationalised, and in 5 years time why shouldnt it be worth 400p again? The idea of a few thousand invested now buying me a house outright in 5 years time is very appealing. <_<

Well you can buy that bloke's bungalow for 50 quid now

if your ticket wins