House Price Crash Forum
BXLONDONMAN

How Long Before Qe Will Lead To Bust For Uk Plc...

all this magic money must come from QE to bail out the banks,,if so how long before the pound drops like a stone !!!

yes i know it has gone down but i think that's nothing compared to what is going to happen soon by the end of march...so what do you guys reckon ?

Hello. I know its late but I thought QE would lead to inflation, which would be countered by raising rates, which will strengthen the pound?

the amount of QE we need it will not !!! if you print too much no amount of interst will get people to back your money.

zim dollers is proof of that....look at their interst rates :lol:

I feel sorry for the folk that saved all their lives, and led a decent life, to be $%#@ by greedy bankers and politicians. A lot of these politicians are arrogant, they think they know it all. They might have a high IQ, but they need to be told to go inside when it is raining, They live in a different world to the rest of us.

I feel sorry for the folk that saved all their lives, and led a decent life, to be $%#@ by greedy bankers and politicians. A lot of these politicians are arrogant, they think they know it all. They might have a high IQ, but they need to be told to go inside when it is raining, They live in a different world to the rest of us.

yes it's so sad about the people who have saved,to believe you have saved something then see it being taken away by greedy bankers and their mates..the only thing to do is at the next election kick these people out !!! we need new laws that all profits can be taken back if fraud was used like the bankers used to make money with their dark tricks...+ lies etc,etc

The plonkers at Barclays have lost the paperwork on my opening a foreign currency deposit account! So I'm not out of sterling yet... let's hope the pound can hang on by its fingernails for a few days.... :unsure:

The plonkers at Barclays have lost the paperwork on my opening a foreign currency deposit account! So I'm not out of sterling yet... let's hope the pound can hang on by its fingernails for a few days.... :unsure:

should've gone to First Direct... no paperwork and accounts opened in less than 5 mins

FYI - You can switch from turdling to other currencies [uSD,GBP,EUR,CAD,CHF,JPY] with a goldmoney account. Used to be tricky to get CAP authorised, but now you can do it all online.

Also, I spoke to First Direct this weekend about their foreign accounts. They are essentially HSBC foreign accounts, can be opened over the phone, and have no transfer fees, just usage fees. Only good if you have a First Direct account I guess.

FYI - You can switch from turdling to other currencies [uSD,GBP,EUR,CAD,CHF,JPY] with a goldmoney account. Used to be tricky to get CAP authorised, but now you can do it all online.

Also, I spoke to First Direct this weekend about their foreign accounts. They are essentially HSBC foreign accounts, can be opened over the phone, and have no transfer fees, just usage fees. Only good if you have a First Direct account I guess.

I looked at HSBC and they wanted to charge me £5/month just to have a foreign currency account and another £5 per transaction. I tole 'em to p*** off.

As for goldmoney.com, when the SHTF and you get a "404 Page Not Found" where your gold should be what do you think HMG will say? "Not our problem," I reckon. ;) The whole point is to hedge risk, not add extra risk by trusting internet-only outfits.

Edited by Nationalist

I looked at HSBC and they wanted to charge me £5/month just to have a foreign currency account and another £5 per transaction. I tole 'em to p*** off.

As for goldmoney.com, when the SHTF and you get a "404 Page Not Found" where your gold should be what do you think HMG will say? "Not our problem," I reckon. ;) The whole point is to hedge risk, not add extra risk by trusting internet-only outfits.

QE will not affect inflation in the slightest using it in the manner that is proposed.

In fact, once the banks return to profitability, it could make the UK taxpayer a fortune.

Spending cash on a humongous debt black hole will not be inflationary. Paying people for public work and increasing salaries with QE is highly inflationary.

That is the difference between UK and Zim. No matter how hard they try, we are returning to pre-1990s style lending. Nothing can stop that. QE CAN stop a 10 year long depression which will do no-one any good.

As long as QE is used to fill debt black holes and other means of non-circulating money, it cannot enter the high street and cause inflation. This is about keeping the banks breathing, not reigniting the debt bubble. If I were mervyn, I would be pushing for QE over selling gilts as log term, there is an associated cost with gilts to foreigners, which you dont have with QE. If the wort came to it, if they filled in the banks debt and liabilities and closed the bank, paying off all the depositors but maintaining the loans that are being repaid and repossessing those that cant, I cant see how this will cause inflation at all.

The theory I have is this; if the govt were to QE before we got ourselves into debt, that would cause inflation. But, we have already lived through the inflationary phase, of booming asset prices caused by loose fiscal policy. The thing was, due to the china effect, we didnt really notice it (other than extreme house prices). We now have no cash, yes, and are returning to sensible lending, all good. The only real effect this will have is to trash the pound, but, as most western governments are doing the same, its all relative, so currency falls are not exaggerated (although the pound is trashed, granted).

Do you get my point?

Edited by mbga9pgf

QE will not affect inflation in the slightest using it in the manner that is proposed.

In fact, once the banks return to profitability, it could make the UK taxpayer a fortune.

Spending cash on a humongous debt black hole will not be inflationary. Paying people for public work and increasing salaries with QE is highly inflationary.

That is the difference between UK and Zim. No matter how hard they try, we are returning to pre-1990s style lending. Nothing can stop that. QE CAN stop a 10 year long depression which will do no-one any good.

As long as QE is used to fill debt black holes and other means of non-circulating money, it cannot enter the high street and cause inflation. This is about keeping the banks breathing, not reigniting the debt bubble. If I were mervyn, I would be pushing for QE over selling gilts as log term, there is an associated cost with gilts to foreigners, which you dont have with QE. If the wort came to it, if they filled in the banks debt and liabilities and closed the bank, paying off all the depositors but maintaining the loans that are being repaid and repossessing those that cant, I cant see how this will cause inflation at all.

The theory I have is this; if the govt were to QE before we got ourselves into debt, that would cause inflation. But, we have already lived through the inflationary phase, of booming asset prices caused by loose fiscal policy. The thing was, due to the china effect, we didnt really notice it (other than extreme house prices). We now have no cash, yes, and are returning to sensible lending, all good. The only real effect this will have is to trash the pound, but, as most western governments are doing the same, its all relative, so currency falls are not exaggerated (although the pound is trashed, granted).

Do you get my point?

Yes, you think that if al currencies on earth inflate massively together then prices will remain stable.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, you think that if al currencies on earth inflate massively together then prices will remain stable.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ok bignose, what counter effect will a global depression have on asset values?

Its common sense. Give everyone on the planet a 10K credit card. Get them all to go out and spend. When is the inflationary phase? When they go and spend the cash, or afterwards when they are paying off the debt?

The QE is not getting spent on tangible assets. its stopping banks collapsing.

Edited by mbga9pgf

I think we all need to accept that there are massive deflationary pressures in the economy at the moment which are masking the coming inflation. The inflation won't be tharted forever--although timing as always is tricky. Some people reckon it could take 5 years to break out, and it might, but confidence will leave sooner.

What will happen to sterling if/when it loses its AAA rating? :unsure:

I think we all need to accept that there are massive deflationary pressures in the economy at the moment which are masking the coming inflation. The inflation won't be tharted forever--although timing as always is tricky. Some people reckon it could take 5 years to break out, and it might, but confidence will leave sooner.

What will happen to sterling if/when it loses its AAA rating? :unsure:

come march even with AAA rating the pound will be 1=1 with the euro or less..i really think it will be maybe 1.25 to the pound by the end of march...if things get even worse we may see 1.5 or 2 pounds to the euro by summer.. :o:lol:;)

If/When the SHTF how is using goldmoney any different to having your cash in a foreign currency account? Of course diversification is important - I would never suggest having everything in goldmoney. Anyway, good luck.

Do you get my point?

QE is IMO one of the most relevant and interesting issues of today, or at least soon will be!

Would be nice if it could just be used to plug black hole, but in practice I don't see how this can happen without it bleeding down to the high street. If anyone could explain this, or have a link which does, I would be most curious to see this.

Apparently a tab of QE makes everything freaky, way out, psychedelic, warped and delusional.

Groovy man

what do you think god to the bankers brown is on !!!! :lol::lol::lol:

joking apart he must be on something if his not then i reckon were in real trouble !!!

QE will kill the pound..once it gets out how much QE the government is doing..

Do you get my point?

I hope your right Mr Bubble. Its all most on here wanted. A house price correction.

I wanted Iceland to stay afloat too, but you cant have everything can you?

Dude, they lost my passport and stuff photcopies TWICE when l tried to apply for an ISA. Combined with the bank of choice for immigrants and pikey scum l didnt feel greatly reassured.

well said !!!

internet only outfits can't be trusted unless HMG will stand behind them just like the banks..

no need to hand over your cash to god knows who..too much risk

just look at madoff, he has stolen money with his pozi scam how many will get any money back.

internet outfits could be smaller madoff's !!! who you will never find :unsure::huh: nor will you ever get your money back... :(