House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The_Stars_Are_Aligning

Green Shoots Of Recovery In Oxforshire?

Got speaking with some work colleagues about HPC in the UK today and one of them highlighted that the properties where he purchased his last house hasn't seen that much of a downturn. Gave him a realistic overview of the HPC sentiment, especially with the events in the Banking Sector today. Out of interest, I thought I'd check out the town we were discussing today on PropertyBee to report that all was not well in the area he was thinking of purchasing again. Think I may have been too bleak in my comments/predictions as some posters have been reporting lately; but not admittedly for the majority of properties in the area. However, this one is ridiculous:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...&radius=0.0

Wed Jan 7 19:09:28 2009

* Price changed: from 'Guide Price £850,000' to 'Guide Price £2,300,000'

Bl00dyhell, maybe the Green Shoots of Recovery has already happened on dilapidated sheds or they painted it magnolia and I missed it......? :lol:

edited for: bad spilling!

Edited by The_Stars_Are_Aligning

Got speaking with some work colleagues about HPC in the UK today and one of them highlighted that the properties where he purchased his last house hasn't seen that much of a downturn. Gave him a realistic overview of the HPC sentiment, especially with the events in the Banking Sector today. Out of interest, I thought I'd check out the town we were discussing today on PropertyBee to report that all was not well in the area he was thinking of purchasing again. Think I may have been too bleak in my comments/predictions as some posters have been reporting lately; but not admittedly for the majority of properties in the area. However, this one is ridiculous:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...&radius=0.0

Wed Jan 7 19:09:28 2009

* Price changed: from 'Guide Price £850,000' to 'Guide Price £2,300,000'

Bl00dyhell, maybe the Green Shoots of Recovery has already happened on dilapidated sheds or they painted it magnolia and I missed it......? :lol:

edited for: bad spilling!

This price would have been in the right range for Spring 2007, you have 5 potential properties there, if you can sell a 4 bed for 800k (which you could then) putting 500k ish down for the plot isn't so crazy all depends on the amount of money that has to go in.

The seller must be hoping that the banks are soon going to fall over themselves to lend to 'businesses' (Gordons code word for property development companies).

This price would have been in the right range for Spring 2007, you have 5 potential properties there, if you can sell a 4 bed for 800k (which you could then) putting 500k ish down for the plot isn't so crazy all depends on the amount of money that has to go in.

The seller must be hoping that the banks are soon going to fall over themselves to lend to 'businesses' (Gordons code word for property development companies), otherwise I can't see where the seller will find someone with the million extra to invest in building/renovating on top of this 2.3.

2010 price will be probably back to 800-1mil range, but maybe it will be necessary to split this up to get a sale of at least part.

Did it have planning permission before?

If people get PP on their land they tend to add a 0 on to the price.

Looks like they have got planning permission to convert three barns into houses, in addition to the current property. It is a bit of a Gold mine, this permission will make it worth at least double and significantly protect the current owners from falling prices

Edited by moosetea